Eli Chapter 6

Unworldly Link

                Eli got dressed and ready to go, without speaking a word to Dongho. He was mindlessly staring at the mirror while brushing his teeth. He noticed Dongho kept peeking in the bathroom with a worried look. He shook his head and glared at himself in the mirror. He decided that it was just a dream and he needed to stop being like this. Dongho seemed to think he did something to make him mad.

                He finished brushing his teeth and came out to the room and smiled at Dongho. “You ready?” Dongho sighed in relief and nodded, standing up. They went and found the other members and they went out to do their schedules. Eli didn’t mention his dream bothering him at all. Even when Dongho or Kiseop asked about it, he would just say that he couldn’t remember his dream last night.

                They concluded their schedules around 7pm. They went to the Japanese studio and were using the practice room. Dongho and Kiseop were suddenly whispering to Soohyun. Hoon leaned over to Eli. “I bet they are plotting to go get Kevin a cake. Eli nodded and laughed at them. They were trying to keep it a secret but Kevin could see them. Kevin sat on the other side of Eli. “They do know I can see them right?” The three boys laughed. Eli put his arm around Kevin’s shoulder. “Happy Birthday Kevin!”

                Hoon got on the other side of Kevin and hugged him as Kiseop and Dongho ran out the door. “I hope they bring you a good cake.” Soohyun sat on the floor in front of them. “Happy Birthday.”

                Soon Dongho ran into the room and turned off the light as Kiseop came in with a spiral sponge cake with a candle on it. The members all sang Happy Birthday to him as he blew out the candle. Dongho turned the light back on. The members all looked at the cake. It was pretty small. Kevin laughed as Eli sighed. “How are we all supposed to share this?”

                Kevin ripped off a small piece and shoved it his Eli’s mouth. Eli laughed as Kevin did that to all the members, pulling it away from Kiseops mouth as he leaned forward to get it, teasing him before actually letting him have some. They got to the last bit of cake and Dongho wanted it. Kevin held it out to him and then pulled it away and ran to the other side of the practice room. Dongho chased after him and pouted as Kevin put the last bit in his own mouth.

                All the members laughed at them. They got back to practicing and around 9pm they got back to the hotel. Everyone went straight to their rooms since tomorrow was a full schedule. Dongho laid flat out on his bed as Eli was in the bathroom getting ready for bed. Dongho sighed really loudly. Eli laughed “It was his birthday cake…” He called from the bathroom with his toothbrush in his mouth.

Dongho leaned off the side of the bed, upside down and pouted at him. “I know that!” Eli laughed again and started rinsing his mouth. Dongho sighed again “I hope you dream about Jade tonight. I want to hear more about her…” Eli almost choked on the water in his mouth. He spit it out. “How come you are so interested in her? She is in my head.”

                The maknae laughed and rolled back over. “It’s interesting. You were weird when you woke up this morning so I want you to be able to remember it.” Eli nodded and got into his bed. Dongho smiled and went to go take a shower. Eli laid down and stared at the ceiling and sighed. He felt like he was going crazy and was being used as entertainment for Dongho and Kiseop. He decided that he wasn’t going to tell them about his dream girlfriend anymore. He was just going to act like he stopped dreaming about her. He could be happy about her all on his own.

                He rolled onto his side and soon fell asleep.  He once again appeared on the Helicopter landing. He smiled when he saw her sitting on the edge of the building, hanging her feet off. He smiled and quietly walked up behind her. He firmly wrapped his arms around her and whispered in her ear. “That’s Dangerous.” She smiled and faced him. He was much happier to see her face than he expected. “I’m sorry I disappeared yesterday. I waited so long and then right when you appeared, I got woken up”

                He rested his forehead on Jade’s shoulder. “I ran down there after you and I couldn’t find you.” She wrapped her arms around him. He was glad he could feel her arms around him. “I’m sorry.” He smiled and led her to the door to the stairway. He held her hand and led her down the stairs. “Should we go see if there is food or something in the café?” She smiled at him and nodded as they entwined their fingers together.

                He opened the door for her and started to search the cupboards. All of them were empty. He smiled and sat down at the table across from her and smiled. He had already decided that he wasn’t going to tell anyone else about her anymore, but he still wanted to know more about her. “So, what did you do today?” he smiled as she laughed and laid down on her arm, looking up at him. “I had to get a new iPhone. I got the black one.” He laughed to himself. He really did think almost everything she did was cute.

                “You had to?” She nodded at him. “I got mad when a phone call woke me up and made me disappear and I thought my bedroom door was closed and I threw my phone at it but it was open. It flew out into the living room, hit the cat and the screen broke as it hit the floor…” He burst out laughing. She was a dork too. “Is the cat alright?” She laughed and nodded. “He fell off the back of the couch and onto my friend Kiwi who was sleeping on it.” He started laughing even harder and caught himself before he fell out of his chair. This was one of the funniest things he has ever heard.

                Jade sighed “Why do bill collectors always call at the worst times…?” Eli looked at her curious. He wondered why someone her age would already have bill collectors calling. “Bill collectors?” She nodded “My mom borrows money from places and since I’m an adult now, she puts me as her backup contact. She never answers their phone calls. I don’t even live with her.” He nodded. “I see.”

                He stood up and grabbed her hand. “Come on.” He led her down the stairs to the brick room and sat on the bed and rested his back against the metal bars. He gently pulled her so that her back was against him and she was sitting between his legs. He wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on her shoulder. “I am nervous that you will disappear any moment…” Jade relaxed against him. “Same here.” He smiled as she put her hands on his arms.

                “So did anything else interesting happen today? Besides pelting a cat with your phone?” Jade laughed. “I took the bus to get my new phone and this guy kept trying to talk to me and flirt with me.” He didn’t like where this was heading. He tightened his grip around her slightly. “What did you do?” She smiled. “I gave him the card to my work. I didn’t even want to talk to him.” He put his face against the nape of her neck and closed his eyes. “What was his name?” She paused for a little bit. “Ummm… I think it was Cyrus?”

                He grinned against her neck. He was happy that she had to think to remember his name. He was surprised he was getting jealous, but at the same time he was going to allow it. “You barely remember his name. That’s good. Do you consider yourself my girlfriend when awake too?” He opened his eyes and smiled when she nodded. He turned her face towards his and kissed her softly on the lips.

                He pulled away and smiled at her. She smiled at him and rested her head back against his shoulder. “I can’t even tell my friends that I dream about you though. I told them yesterday that you asked me out and they think I went insane… Today they kept investigating me, like they think I’m breaking. Throwing my phone at the cat didn’t help my case any.” They both laughed. He rested his head against hers. “Dongho and Kiseop are constantly asking me about you. Should we both not talk about our dreams when awake?”  

                She smiled up at him “The other members know about me?” He laughed and nodded. “It was Dongho who encouraged me to date you.” Jade laughed. “Thank him for me. Tell them all that I am a huge fan.” Eli raised an eyebrow at her. He was entertained. “Of course, you are my favorite.” She slightly bit her lip at him. He had to admit, this girl knew how to show him what he wanted.

                He smiled and kissed her on the forehead. “That’s good. It would be depressing if my dream girl liked one of the other members more than me.” He would feel really stupid if he was dating someone who liked another member more. She smiled and nodded at him. “I’m more surprised you like me.” He smiled and sighed, resting his chin back on her shoulder. “I like you more and more each time we meet.” She reached up and rested her hand on his neck. “UKISS should come to America.” He closed his eyes and nodded.

                 Suddenly Jade sat forwards, causing Eli to lean forwards as well. She turned to face him and smiled as she crawled next to him and laid on the bed with her head by the pillows. He got the hint and laid down on his side, resting his head on his arm, facing her. She got into the same position and smiled. “So what did you do today?” He smiled. “It was Kevin’s birthday but we are in Japan so we had a small cake with just the members and stuff.”

                She nodded. “Tell him happy birthday for me.” He laughed. He wasn’t going to tell any of the members anything. If she couldn’t tell anyone, he wasn’t going to either. “I don’t know what he would say to that.” He reached out and pulled her closer to him and rested his hand on her waist. “I want to sleep next to you but if I close my eyes too long, you might disappear.” She smiled and touched his cheek. “I don’t want to disappear.”

                He smiled and closed his eyes and suddenly Soohyun was yelling at both him and Dongho to get up out of bed. Eli opened his eyes and looked at him confused. “We have recording to go do today. Get up guys!” Dongho rolled over on his bed and fell off with a thud. Eli reached over and grabbed a red bull and sighed as he opened it. He heard her say that she didn’t want to disappear and instead he did.