Jade Chapter 2

Unworldly Link

                Jade was suddenly dragged out of her bed and rushed over to the computer. Lizzie started flailing around and pointing at the monitor. “See!!! They announced it!! Finally!!” Jade squinted at the monitor and realized she didn’t have her glasses on and shuffled back to her room. She came back out and looked at the monitor and smiled. She loved EXO but she wasn’t anywhere near as big of a fan as Lizzie, Elle or Kiwi.

                Elle suddenly came out of the bathroom with just a towel on. Lizzie shrieked. “ELLE!!! THEY ANNOUNCED EXO’S COMEBACK!!” Elle let go of her towel and ran to the computer, leaving the towel behind. The two older girls started screaming and jumping around, excitedly. Jade quickly made her escape to the kitchen and opened the pantry to get cereal. Shelby was hiding in the pantry. Jade reached around her and grabbed the cereal. “How come you didn’t hide me!” the older girl said grumpily.

                Shelby came out of the pantry and sat at the kitchen table. “I panicked and didn’t have enough time.” Jade grabbed them each a bowl and poured cereal for them both. Jade laughed. “Elle is out of the shower now; they should be occupied with each other for a while.” Shelby nodded and they ate their breakfast quickly.

                Today was supposed to be Jade and Lizzie’s shift at the café. It was about 10am and they opened at 11:30. Because of the EXO announcement, Shelby offered to take Lizzie’s shift so that her and Elle could stalk all the kpop sites.

                Shelby drove the two of them to work. Katie was already in the back, baking the food for the day. The two girls went into the back room where they had all of the custom costumes and looked at the calendar. Today’s outfits were based on H.O.T’s Candy. They the video and listened to the song as they changed into their outfits. Jade put on a long sleeve green shirt and white overalls. She put on a white head band and put a pair of goggles over it. Shelby put on a loose pair of jeans and a long sleeved red shirt and a red oversized t-shirt with a big number 07 on the front with her name above it. She put on a visor with a pair of goggles on it as well.

                Jade the register and prepared behind the counter as Shelby turned the sign to open. They were never really all that busy on the days they didn’t have a show. People would take things to go. Katie came out from the kitchen and put all of the baked goods under the glass counter. She smiled and waved. “Well, I’m leaving it to you now Jade. If you need me, just call me.” She waved and left.

                Shelby waved after her, Jade stared blankly at the register. The younger girl came and leaned on the counter. “Jade, what are you staring at?” Jade snapped back to her senses. “Huh?!” the taller girl laughed. “You were staring into space.”  The girl in the glasses laughed. “Oh, sorry.” She realized that it was really quiet in the café. “Oh, Shelby. Watch the register, I’m going to go turn on the monitors and start the playlist. The other girl nodded and walked behind the counter.

                The café had a big monitor behind the stage and a couple smaller monitors around the place. She turned them all on and went into the media room behind the stage and the computer. They had made video play lists for each theme they had. Today was kpop from the 90’s. She started the first video and went back to the counter.

                Shelby stared at her. “What’s up with you today?” Jade looked at her and sighed. “I had a weird dream last night.” The tomboyish girl smiled and leaned on the counter. “Was an idol in it?” The older girl nodded. “Eli was in it. I woke up in the set for the DoraDora MV but all of the sets were connected by these door ways. I started trying to teach myself the dance in one of the rooms and suddenly Eli was there and decided to teach me the choreography, but Lizzie woke me up before I learned it all.” Shelby nodded “So why was it weird?” Jade laughed “I knew I was dreaming. He said that he thought I was in his dream though.”

                The younger girl laughed. “So nothing all that interesting happened?” Jade shook her head no. Suddenly the song that was the main point of today’s theme came on. The two girls smiled and ran to the stage and started doing the choreography. When songs came on that they had learned the choreography for and they weren’t busy, they would go on stage and practice. Sometimes they didn’t even feel like they worked. Some customers came in when they saw them dancing through the window.

                They instantly went into customer service mode and started working. After a few hours, and about a hundred and fifty customers later, it was time to close. Lizzie and Elle arrived and brought Kiwi with them. Lizzie was wearing her long hip length blue wig today. Kiwi had put purple streaks in her hair. The three girls were still talking about the EXO comeback. Lizzie closed up the store as Jade and Shelby changed into their practice clothes. Jade took a bit longer then Shelby and sat on a chair and sighed. She couldn’t get her dream out of her head, even though nothing special happened.

                She went into the practice room where everyone was stretching and Kiwi was on the computer scrolling through the videos. “What dance should we practice today?” Jade lit up and raised her hand excitedly “DoraDora!” Shelby laughed, causing everyone to look at the two of them confused. Elle looked at her and laughed. “You don’t usually recommend UKISS. Usually it’s MBLAQ or Boyfriend or something.”

                Shelby smiled. “She dreamed about Eli teaching her the dance moves last night.” The other three girls smiled their y fan girl smiles at her. “Will that dream make another fanfic?” Lizzie asked intrigued. Jade laughed and shook her head. “Nothing all that interesting happened. He just taught me the footwork. You woke me up before I learned anything else.”

                Kiwi sighed. “I wish idols would date more white girls. I don’t think I have ever heard of one.”  Lizzie and Jade nodded. Elle sighed. “Or mixed girls.” Shelby smiled. “I’m fine either way.” The other four girls laughed. Elle patted her on the shoulder. “Not all of us can be engaged with their girlfriend.” Shelby laughed and continued stretching. “Anyways, I am ok dancing DoraDora today.” With that comment everyone agreed to the song and they played the video and paid close attention.

                They practiced it until it was late and Katie came to make sure that Kiwi was getting ready to go home. As usual Luke brought them stuff to drink and stood next to Jade. Shelby laughed. “Jade, if I didn’t know better, I would say that you really did get taught the foot work from Eli. You should dance his part with AJ’s instead of Dongho and AJ’s.” Jade took a drink of her usual bubble tea and leaned on Luke. “If you guys want me to change spots, I will.” Everyone nodded. Lizzie smiled. “We learned that we can learn our bias’s parts easier then the other parts.”

                Luke pouted and grabbed Jades arm. “Eli is teaching her things!!?” Elle smiled and leaned down to his level. “It was just in her dream. He isn’t going to take her away.” Luke smiled and relaxed. His mom sighed. “Why can’t you like girls who aren’t twelve years older then you…?” Katie motioned for Luke to follow her. “Kiwi, go home. It’s 10. Your mom called me.” Kiwi looked panicked and Shelby laughed and took her home.

                Jade laid on the floor on her stomach. “I am glad I don’t work tomorrow. I am going to sleep all day.” Elle smiled. “How about we go home and watch dramas all night?” Jade sat up, very interested. “Which drama?” Lizzie looked at her. “You choose.” Jade grinned. “We will watch White Christmas and we will all cry!”  The girls laughed and went home.

                Shortly after they arrived and changed into their pajamas, Shelby called them to say she was staying at her girlfriends’ house tonight. It was just the three older girls. Jade got her external hard drive and got everything set up on the computer. Lizzie came from the kitchen with chunks of cooked meat and Elle had a plate of cucumbers with lemon. Jade looked at the both of them. “You guys didn’t bring me anything!” Elle held a cucumber out for her. Jade looked at her weird. Lizzie laughed and handed her a bag of gummy fish and a monster.

                Jade grinned, excitedly. Elle scoffed at the two younger girls and took the monster away from Jade. “It is almost 11 at night! If you want something to drink, go drink water.” Elle went to take the Monster back to fridge. The two younger girls watched her walk away and Lizzie secretly handed Jade a Dr Pepper. Both girls laughed as Elle came back and sat down without knowing anything. Lizzie scuffled to the light switch and turned the lights off. She sat back down and elbowed Jade slightly and she nodded. Lizzie pretended to sneeze really loud so Jade could open her soda.

                They pushed play and watched the show from the beginning. After a couple episodes, it was around 3 am. Jade reminded them that they worked tomorrow. Elle complained about not knowing what was going on and went to bed. Lizzie had circles under her eyes and stared at Jade. “But… I need to know… What is happening to them?” Jade laughed. “Go to bed, you can finish watching after work tomorrow.” She continued staring at her. Jade pushed her into her room and closed the door.

                Jade laughed and sat back down at the computer and continued watching some more of the show. Around 7 in the morning, Shelby came home and startled Jade. She suddenly realized the sun was up and turned off her show and said good morning to Shelby and went to her room and plopped onto her bed, curling up, trying not to cry about the show. She failed and started crying. She had seen this show so many times that she cries before the parts even happen.

                She fell asleep with puffy eyes. Once again she was in the room with the white paint splattered couch. “Hey.” She turned her head and saw that she was sitting on Eli’s lap, on the couch. He was sitting sideways on the couch and she was sitting on his legs awkwardly. She stood up quickly and apologized. Eli laughed. “So that’s how it works here. I showed up in the sideways room again.” Jade looked at him confused. “Since when do dreams continue…”

                Eli smiled and nodded. “It is weird. Every thing is the same as yesterday.” Jade suddenly noticed that Eli wasn’t wearing a shirt this time. “How come you aren’t wearing a shirt?” Eli shrugged his shoulders. “I went to sleep without one?” Jade looked down at herself and saw she was wearing the same thing she went to sleep in.

                He suddenly stood up and looked closely at her face. “How come your eyes are puffy? Were you crying?”  Jade reached up and covered her eyes, embarrassed. “No!” Eli smiled and sat back on the couch and motioned for her to sit next to him. “Why were you crying?” Jade sat on the couch, cross legged, leaving a bit of space between them. “It’s stupid.” She laughed. “I was watching White Christmas.” Eli started laughing. “You were crying at a Christmas show?” Jade pouted. “Not a Christmas show, the Korean drama.” Eli nodded and understood. “There is quite a difference there. You know Korean? Then why are we speaking English?”

                Jade sighed “I watch them with English subtitles online. I only know a few words and phrases.” Eli nodded and went back to sitting sideways on the couch and rested his arm on his knee. “You disappeared last time.” Jade looked at him and laughed. “I guess that was when I woke up.” They both laughed. She found it entertaining that her dream version of Eli talked like it was his dream she was in, instead of the other way around.

                Eli rested his chin on his arm that was on his knee. “Should we continue from where we left off?” She laughed. “How did you know that I am supposed to learn your part for that song?” Eli looked at her confused. “You are supposed to?” She nodded. “Yeah. Me and my friends are learning the dance. There are five of us and my original part was combining AJ and Dongho’s part but they changed it to your part with AJ’s part.” Eli laughed and smiled at her, entertained. “So you are the rapper of the group?” She laughed and shook her head. “We only do dance covers, not the singing parts. The music video plays behind us on the screen.”

                He sighed and leaned back. “You are quite an interesting dream.” He stood up and pulled her up by her hand. “Well, I better teach you my part then.” He smiled at her and she realized that he was a good five or six inches taller than her. The top of her head reached almost to his nose. She blushed as he positioned her in front of him so they were in line, like the beginning of the song.

                “You said you have been learning this song, so show me what you know. I will do my choreography and say the words at a slow pace. Alright?” She nodded nervously. He started saying the words and she awkwardly marched out to the same side he went. They got to the part where they had to turn and put their arms up and their hips. Eli laughed as she curled up and hid her face instead of turning around.

                “What’s wrong? It’s only us here, nothing to be embarrassed about.” Jade poked at the ground. “That’s why it’s embarrassing.” Eli bent down next to her. “I promise I won’t laugh at you.” Jade blushed and made her hair make a wall between their faces. “That’s not what I’m worried about.” Eli was confused. She sighed and stood up suddenly and tightened her fists. She decided that this was a dream, no matter how real it felt and that wasn’t really Eli, so she could stare at him if she wanted.

                She took a deep breath. “Alright, I won’t give up. I can do this.” Eli was still confused and stood up, smiling. “Then get back into position.” She nodded and stood in front of him so they were facing the same way. He started the lyrics again. They reached the turn and part again and she made sure not to look at him while she did it. Eli laughed.

                Jade turned towards him with a grumpy look on her face. “You said you wouldn’t laugh!!” He laughed again. “You said that wasn’t what you were worried about.” She pouted and he sighed. “Let’s just do the chorus part then. With the foot work I showed you yesterday.” Jade nodded.

                He sang the chorus slowly and they both did the dance. He did it perfectly and hers was a little awkward but it was pretty good. He smiled and put his hand on her shoulder. “Let’s try the part with the body rolls and the knee movement.” She smiled and nodded. She was confident in her body rolls.

                He sang the words and she did the body roll part but forgot the knee movement. Eli stopped and bent down next to her leg. She looked down at him. “Here, you have to move your knee like this.” He gently and slowly moved her leg while saying the lyrics. He looked up at her, she was blushing. She wasn’t expecting him to suddenly put a hand on her knee and calf.

                He sat down on the floor and looked up at her. “Now try that with the body roll.” She blushed more and took a deep breath and went into performance mode. Her blush suddenly disappeared as her stage personality came through. He smirked at seeing the transformation and started to say the words at normal speed. She did the moves exactly as he told her to. Eli’s words slowed down and she looked at him confused, slowing her pace. “Eli?” she said as his words stopped all together.

                He was staring at her with a blank expression. He suddenly stood up. “This is a dream right?” Jade nodded, confused as to why her dream was asking if it was a dream. He nodded and walked up to her and put his hands on her sides and pulled her up into a kiss.  Jade thought she was going to explode. Her kisses in her dreams have never felt like this. Not only was her dream Eli kissing her, but he was shirtless. She closed her eyes and rested her hands on his chest as he put his hands on her lower back and pulled her closer.

                Suddenly she fell forwards, flat on her face. “Ouch! What the heck!?” She looked around and couldn’t see Eli anywhere. She sat on the floor confused and crossed her arms. “My own dream started it and then -blocked me…” She got up and went to the door and opened it to get into the blue and white hallway. He wasn’t there so she moved to the big room where they met last time, he wasn’t there either.

                She sighed and went to the other door and opened it. She looked around the other dark room and pouted. She opened the last door to the sideways bedroom. He wasn’t there either. She leaned against the sideways table and pouted.

                It suddenly got very bright. She looked around and she was back in her room. It was 1:30 in the afternoon. She sat up and put her glasses on and grumpily went into the kitchen.