Eli Chapter 5

Unworldly Link

                In the car, on the way to the airport, Eli kept looking at the scratch on his hand. Kiseop noticed it. “What happened to your hand?” He shrugged. “I scratched it in my dream…” Kiseop grinned and scooted closer to him. “Did you dream about her again?” He continued staring at the scratch on his hand and nodded. Kiseop grabbed his hand and pressed on the scratch. “It doesn’t bump up like a real scratch. It’s just a line.” Eli nodded. He decided that he really must be insane if he thought a scratch from his dream was really on his hand.

                They got to the airport and got on their plane. Eli was relieved when he was sitting next to Soohyun. He put his headphones in for the whole flight. He looked out the window and could only think about Jade. He started to smile and he didn’t notice that Soohyun had noticed him smiling for the whole flight.

                They arrived in Japan and Soohyun pulled Kiseop close to him “What’s up with Eli? He was smiling the whole flight and just staring out the window.” Kiseop nodded “He keeps dreaming about the same girl.” Soohyun nodded and smiled.

                UKISS made it to their hotel and Eli sighed when his placement was with Dongho. Kevin offered to switch with him but Eli didn’t really want to room with Kiseop either. Either way, he would be bothered about his dreams. He decided to just stay with Dongho. Just as expected, the youngest boy started asking him about his dream.

                Eli sighed “Yeah, I dreamed about her again.” Dongho sat on the same bed as Eli and scooted closer to him, like a little kid waiting for story time. Eli laughed. “I found out she is American.” Dongho nodded. “Maybe she is someone you saw when you lived there?” Eli shrugged. “I don’t remember anyone looking like her or anyone named Jade.” Dongho nodded with an expression that looked like he was thinking very hard.

                “Did you find out anything else?” Eli smiled and laid back on the bed. “She has a job performing kpop dance covers with her friends.” Dongho laughed. “That’s a weird job for an American.” Eli nodded and smirked. “She is really cute.” Dongho grinned and laid on his stomach, facing Eli. “Did you ask her out?” Eli laughed and covered his face with his arm. The younger boy laughed. “You did!! What did she say?!”

                Eli looked at him with an amused expression. “You really think my own dream would turn me down?” Dongho laughed and patted him on the shoulder. “Good for you!” Soohyun came into their room and motioned for them to follow him. “It’s time to go to the stylists again.” The two boys nodded and got ready to go.

                Eli got taken in first so that his hair could get dyed back to brown. The stylist kept talking to him but he wasn’t really paying attention. Soon his hair was finished getting dyed and they styled it for him. Next was time for makeup for their first interview this afternoon.

                They got to the interview two hours early. Their manager had messed up the times and so they just had to sit around in the waiting room. The members of UKISS were all playing on their phones. Eli started taking selcas. Dongho smiled and came and sat next to him. “Are you going to post those and hope Jade sees them?” Eli laughed. He had no idea that this kid was such a romantic. “I was planning to just post it for my fans to see my new hair.” Dongho just nodded and continued his game on his phone.

                It was around 5:30 pm when he posted the selca saying “Present^^” and they finally were brought in to the interview. It went smoothly like always and they were allowed to have the rest of the day to do whatever they wanted.

                It was about 7 when they got back to the hotel. Dongho went to take a shower right away. Eli sat on the bed and opened a red bull. He started scrolling through his followers on twitter, trying to see if he subconsciously saw one of their profile pictures and have been dreaming of them. He scrolled through about the first 20,000 and gave up. That was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

                Dongho came out of the shower and sat on the other bed. “Tomorrow is Kevin’s Birthday.” Eli nodded. “Did you get him anything?” Dongho shook his head no “I only remembered when I was in the shower.” Eli smiled. “We will figure something out.”

                They weren’t always able to celebrate birthdays because of schedules and they were currently in Japan and they hoped they would have time to do something for him. Dongho got dressed. “Hyung! Do you want to go out and play or something?”  Eli shrugged his shoulders and they went to Soohyun and Hoon’s room and Kevin and Kiseop were already in there.

                Dongho smiled “Let’s go do something!” Eli sat on the floor next to Hoon. Kevin and Kiseop were sitting on Soohyun’s bed and Dongho sat on the other side of Hoon. Soohyun shrugged his shoulders. “Why don’t we all just stay in and order room service or something?” Everyone agreed with him. Kiseop laid down on the bed and reached over to the table and grabbed the phone. “What does everyone want?”

                The members all told him what to order and as he ordered, Eli went back to his room and grabbed some of his red bull. He came back into the room and everyone had settled in. Kevin had climbed under the blankets, Kiseop was lying under the blankets in the opposite direction. Soohyun was using Kiseop as a pillow and had his feet resting on the other bed. Hoon was sitting against the wall and Dongho was leaning on his shoulder. Everyone was playing on their phones. Eli laughed and sat on the floor by Hoon’s feet and opened his red bull and pulled his phone out.

                Their manager came in with the room service and laughed as no one looked up from their phones. The manager cleared his throat “Food is here!” Hoon moved his arm, pushing Dongho. “Dongho, pass out the food.” Dongho didn’t move so Eli kicked his foot. “Ya! Go get the food!” Dongho pouted and looked at the manager. “Hyung!! Will you give us our food?” He put all of his aegyo into it. The manager laughed and handed everyone their food.

                He shook his head at the members laziness and left the room. Soon everyone had finished eating. Dongho’s phone suddenly made the battery low sound. He jumped up and down in small frantic hops. “NO!! DON’T DIE!!” He suddenly ran out the door and down the hall to his room with Eli. Eli and Hoon started laughing.

                Eli noticed that it was almost midnight and stood up. “Well, I think I’m going to go to bed.” The other boys nodded. Kevin and Hoon in unison said “Good Night…” He walked back to his room and Dongho was throwing his clothes and everything all over. Eli sighed “What are you doing?” Dongho ran up to him. “I left my charger in Korea!! Can I use yours!?” Eli laughed and went to his bag and handed him his charger. Dongho quickly plugged his phone in. “I thought I would lose my high score!!”

                The younger boy was stuck sitting on the floor next to the outlet and Eli changed into his sleeping clothes and climbed into bed. “Good night Dongho.” The younger boy nodded. “Uh huh.” The older boy laughed a little and rolled onto his side and fell asleep.

                Suddenly he was standing on the helicopter pad from the 0330 video and he smiled to himself. He noticed that the buildings didn’t have bottoms, they just faded away. He then saw the trees on the other side and he could see Jade standing by the piano in the clearing. The wind blew the trees slightly and he smiled and yelled as loud as he could “JADE!!” he waved as she turned to look at him and she suddenly disappeared.

                Eli’s jaw dropped. “SERIOUSLY!! I just got here!” He ran to the door and ran down the stairs. He came to the first door and opened it. He saw the café room and she wasn’t there. He continued to run down the stairs till he reached the bottom brick room and she wasn’t there. He ran out into the trees and went straight to the piano. She wasn’t there either.

                He sat on the piano bench and caught his breath. “What is this? Why am I running so hard… If she is my dream then if I try to make her appear hard enough, she should come back…” He sighed and tried to concentrate. He felt really stupid. He couldn’t make her appear. He turned and faced the piano and leaned on it, pressing random keys. “I missed her…”

                He stood up and decided to search through the trees and trying to concentrate on her appearing, it wasn’t like there was anything else to do. He wandered through the trees and found a tunnel entrance and went inside. It was the tunnel from the video, she wasn’t in there either. He walked out the other end and came out back in the trees.

                Eli wasn’t sure why he was trying so hard. He sat at the bottom of one of the trees and stared up at the tree tops and the sky. “This is crazy…” He sighed and looked back at his hand, the scratch was almost gone.

                Suddenly Dongho was sleepily shaking him awake. “Eli, we got to get ready to go.” He sat up and looked at his hand and closed it into a fist. The younger boy looked at him curious. “What’s wrong? You look like you are going to cry…” Eli just shook his head. “Nothing...”