Eli Chapter 1

Unworldly Link

                UKISS were all sitting around, bored. Kevin smiled and stood up excitedly. “Hey! Let’s go bowling!” The rest of the members agreed. They didn’t get many free days and they figured they should all go play. They got to the bowling alley and did the palm up, palm down game to choose teams. The teams got split into Eli, Kevin and Kiseop against Hoon, Dongho and Soohyun. They started out by playing and messing around and not taking the game seriously. The second team was winning.

                Soohyun smiled and looked at everyone. “How about we make a bet? The winners get to relax the rest of the day and the losers have to clean the entire dorm and practice room?” Kiseop laughed. “You just want to make that bet because you guys are beating us.” Dongho leaned on Hoon and laughed. “It’s because we play better.” Eli smirked and put his elbow on Kiseops shoulder. “I think we can beat you.” Kevin smiled and grabbed his ball. “We accept your challenge! Eli, lets show them how Americans bowl!” Eli laughed and nodded. Kiseop raised his hand. “I’m on this team too… I’m not American.” Eli put his arm around his shoulders. “You can be American for today.”

                Everyone laughed. Kevin bowled a strike and the other team suddenly stopped laughing. Kiseop and Eli cheered. The teams were both tied. Next was Soohyun’s turn. He went and got 5 pins. He sighed. Dongho yelled “YA!! I DON’T WANT TO CLEAN!!” Hoon held onto Dongho as Soohyun threw the ball a second time and only got 2 of the remaining 5.  They were now behind. Kiseop went next. He got nine pins. He excitedly high-fived Eli. He then threw a spare.

                Kevin, Eli and Kiseop all jumped around. Kiseop made a dorky gangster face at the other members and yelled in English, “AMERICAN STYLE!!” Dongho was pouting as Hoon laughed at Kiseop. Soohyun was worrying about having to clean. There were only the last turn left. Kevin smiled. “Dongho and Eli, you two should go at the same time!” Eli smiled and ruffled up Dongho’s hair as they each grabbed their bowling balls. They stepped up to the alleys and both threw their balls. Eli got a strike. Dongho got 8 pins, only the back corner pins were standing.

                “NOOO!!!” Dongho fell to the ground as Soohyun slid off his chair to the floor. Hoon covered his face. There was no way for them to win now. They finished their throws and Eli, Kevin and Kiseop celebrated winning.  Dongho and Hoon started pretending to beat up Soohyun for making that stupid bet. They gave their shoes back to the people behind the counter and got in the van to go back to the dorm.

                It was about 8pm when they got back. The winning team went into the living room. Kiseop sat on the floor with his back against the couch. Kevin sat behind him, cross legged on the couch. Eli sat at one edge of the couch and grabbed a laptop. Dongho tried to sit down between Eli and Kevin. Eli smiled and put his legs up on the couch, so he couldn’t sit down. Dongho smiled and laughed. “Hyung… Do I really?” Kiseop push on the younger boys’ leg. “The dishes need to be done.” The three sitting boys started laughing as Dongho sulked off to the kitchen.

                Kevin and Kiseop watched TV and Eli played around on the computer as they watched the other members clean the apartment. After a while, Eli got tired. Around 10pm he turned the laptop off. “Well, I think I will go to bed early tonight. See you guys in the morning.” Kiseop nodded. Kevin smiled “Good Night!”

                Eli changed into a black t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants and got ready for bed. He laid in his bed and soon fell asleep. Suddenly he opened his eyes and saw a white wall with some black shapes on it. He took a step forward and suddenly fell about 6 feet. He landed on his stomach and was lucky he missed a sideways chair. He gasped and rolled onto his back. “Ouch…” He looked around and recognized the sideways room from the DoraDora MV.

                He stood up and brushed himself off. “Why am I here?” He looked in the direction where the cameras and staff should be. Only a white wall with a door was there. He looked at it confused and went to open it. It led to the room with the black walls with the white pattern on it and the black spiral floor.  He looked around and there was nothing there. He sighed. “I must be dreaming, there isn’t any staff or cameras.”

                He saw another door and went to go open it. Eli could hear a muffled girl voice singing DoraDora, or what could pass as DoraDora on the other side of the door. He slowly opened the door and saw a girl with shoulder length reddish brown hair in a t-shirt and pajama pants trying to dance to the song she was mumbling. He smiled. She had the timing right for the speed she was singing but her foot work was off.

                He laughed, scaring her. She quickly turned to face him. He was surprised to see that she was white and was wearing glasses. He thought she was pretty cute. Since she was able to sing his song, he assumed she spoke Korean. “Joha!” the girl sighed. “Of course, I dream of an English speaking idol and he speaks to me in Korean…” Eli laughed. “I’m in your dream? I thought you were in my dream?” The girl shrugged her shoulders.

                Eli smiled and looked around. “So have you found anything interesting here?” she shook her head. “I showed up in the room with the couch and ended up here.” he nodded and walked up to her. “I was suddenly in the sideways bedroom. I’m Eli, which you apparently already know. So who are you?” He wasn’t about to tell a cute girl he just met that he fell 6 feet, even if it was a dream. She smiled. “I’m Jade.” He nodded and looked around.

                “This is the weirdest dream I’ve ever had. I feel like I’m awake but I know I’m dreaming.” He said as he sat on the ground. Jade sat next to him on the floor. “Same here. There isn’t even anything making noise. It’s awkwardly quiet.” He nodded and leaned back on his arms, trying to look cool. “Should I teach you the actual choreography?” She smiled and nodded. He was excited at the thought of helping a girl dance his part.

                Eli stood up and held his hand out to her and helped her up. She smiled and he got into position and started telling her how to do the foot work properly. He was surprised at how quickly she caught on. He was about to reach out and grab her hips to position her when she suddenly disappeared.

                He looked around confused and saw a hole in the wall. He went through it and saw that it led to the blue and white block hallway, also from the MV. He was kind of sad she wasn’t there. He spotted a door at the other end and opened it, expecting to find her. Instead he found the paint spattered room with the couch in the middle. He sighed and sat on the couch and leaned his head back.

                 Suddenly it went dark and he being shaken by Kevin. “Eli, get up. We will be late.” Eli sat up confused and rubbed his head. “What was that…” he mumbled in English. Kevin smiled. “Dreaming in English?” Eli nodded with confused look on his face as Kevin left the room to finish waking up everyone.