Jade Chapter 16

Unworldly Link

                Jade, Keji, Shelby, Lizzie and Elle were standing sleepily with their carry-on bags as Abby was yelling at Cyrus to hurry up. They were about to board their last flight to Kuala Lumpur for the Twin Towers Live festival. They had all gotten off of a 14 hour flight only 2 and a half hours ago. They now only had a 7 hour flight left until they reached Malaysia.

                Jade was leaning on Keji’s shoulder as he suddenly yelled to Cyrus, who was fighting with his camera bag. “I did not buy a passport to be a reporter in Malaysia just for the camera to break in the Dubai airport!! I will be interviewing Kiseop and taking pictures on my phone if I have to!!”Cyrus laughed as he finally put the last piece back into the bag. “Nothing is broken! Let’s go!”

                Elle looked over at Jade and frowned as they headed onto their final plane. “Do you think that Kiwi is still crying about not being able to come?” Jade shrugged her shoulders. Her mother had told her that she was too young to fly across the world for a concert. The seven of them found their seats. Jade was relieved to see that she got to sit next to a window finally. The last two flights she had to sit in between people. Shelby got the seat next to her and then Elle had the aisle seat. Abby sat in the seat next to Elle, on the other side of the aisle, with Cyrus next to her, then Keji, then Lizzie on the other side of him, next to the other aisle.

                The plane took off with no problems and the flight attendant for their section of the plane was a young sassy black man with green framed glasses on. Jade wasn’t sure if they were prescription or not but she wanted them. He started walking down the aisle, asking if anyone wanted anything. He smiled at Jade, Shelby and Elle. “My name is Ryan and I will be your steward. This will be a long flight and we will be landing around 9am in Kuala Lumpur time. Would any of you ladies like breakfast in flight?” Jade just shook her head and used the window as a pillow. Elle and Shelby both decided on sleeping as well.

                He went and talked to Abby, Cyrus, Keji and Lizzie and introduced himself in the same way. Cyrus hadn’t eaten dinner on the last flight so he decided to eat breakfast and Keji decided to as well. “What would you like for breakfast sir?” Ryan asked Keji as politely as possible as he handed him a menu. There were three different breakfast choices. Keji pointed at the Asian style breakfast and handed it over to Cyrus who chose the American breakfast. The flight attendant smiled at Keji and gave Cyrus the stink eye.

                Cyrus shook it off and leaned back to try and get some sleep before breakfast. Not long after the flight took off, Ryan was handing out blankets and pillows to those who were sleeping. Cyrus reached out for a pillow but the man walked past him, not even noticing him. Keji couldn’t help but laugh, even Abby was smiling now.

                Jade slept through the entire flight, still not dreaming about anything except black. She was used to it now. It had been two months since the dreams had stopped. She wasn’t even depressed about it anymore. At least she thought she wasn’t, but her friends had noticed she had calmed down a lot more and there were days where she avoided listening to anything UKISS related. Shelby and Keji didn’t want to say anything but they were both worried about what would happen when she saw Eli in person.

                There was only an hour left in the flight and the stewards were handing out the meals to those who ordered them. Ryan had given Keji his Asian style breakfast and Cyrus got the same thing. Cyrus looked confused. “Ummm… I ordered the American style breakfast…” He said quietly, since Abby had fallen asleep next to him. Ryan smiled at him. “I’m sorry but we ran out of that option.” He said as he walked away. Keji laughed when he saw someone in the seat behind Jade getting handed the American style breakfast. He opened his chopsticks and ate a piece off of Cyrus’s plate. “Eat up. We are in Asia so just eat this one.” Cyrus poked at the weird looking fruit with his spoon.

                The flight landed and the seven of them were waiting at baggage claim. Cyrus flinched when he saw one of his equipment bags flip as it came down the conveyor belt. Abby and Cyrus quickly ran over to grab the equipment and didn’t hesitate to check the cameras in the airport. Jade stared out the window and smiled. It was the first time that she had been outside of America and she was excited.

                Elle suddenly grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the window. “We found the person here to pick us up! Let’s go check out our hotel.”

                At the hotel, they had to separate into 3 rooms. The hotel staff insisted that the two boys room together, so Keji and Cyrus had a room. Abby stayed with Elle and Lizzie and Shelby and Jade had the final room. Keji automatically went into Jades room as soon as he got his stuff unpacked. He had already changed into his swim trunks and a tank top. He grinned at Jade and Shelby. “Let’s go check out the pool and find y boys to creep on!”

                Shelby just looked at him funny. “I have a girlfriend already. I can look but I can’t creep.” Keji laughed and opened Jade’s suitcase and threw her swimsuit at her, the same one she had worn for the photo shoot a couple months ago. “Put this on and let the boys stare. They won’t stare at me so I need you to get their attention.” Jade burst out laughing and nodded. “Ok, ok, I get it. You are lucky I slept on the plane.”  He laughed. “No, I’m lucky that you are half nocturnal.” She threw a towel at him as she went to the bathroom to change.

                Jade quickly got changed and looked around for her contact case. “Shelby!! Did I forget my contacts?!” She asked panicking. Shelby and Keji both laughed and helped search her stuff. She did forget them. She groaned, “I’m going to be blind at the pool now…” Keji smirked and handed her a pair of neon green sunglasses. “That’s ok. I don’t need you to see the boys, I just need them to see you.” Jade laughed and punched him on the shoulder. “They will probably think we are dating and won’t talk to us.” Keji groaned. “God damn it…”

                Shelby changed into her swimsuit and didn’t put a t-shirt over it. “Now they will see two girls and one guy. They will talk to us now.” Keji grinned. Jade tied her hair up into a pony tail and put on the sunglasses. She smirked and looked over at her friends “Do you think they will think I’m a celebrity or something?” she said joking around. Keji smiled “You are a model you know… A published one, someone obviously saw you in order to invite us here. It was the article about us, remember? You were the headliner. Someone will recognize you at some point.” Jade nodded and they headed out to the pool, she held onto Shelby’s arm the whole way since everything was blurry.

                They found some empty chairs near the pool and laid out on them. Jade immediately started putting sunblock on everywhere. Keji laughed at her. “You can’t tan with all that sun block.” She looked at him over the top of her glasses. “That’s the point. I need to stay pale. Katie made me promise.” She started counting on her fingers as she listed the things Katie told her not to do in Asia. “I can’t tan or get any piercings. No tattoos or haircuts. I have to make sure to keep my face taken care of. I am not allowed to have some fling with a random Asian boy, unless they are famous.” The three of them laughed. “I made her edit that rule.” She said as she continued putting on her sun block.

                Shelby grinned. “That’s a good thing then, in case the email really was sent by AJ.” Keji suddenly froze, causing both girls to look at him and then where he was looking. “What?” Jade asked confused. She couldn’t see properly past like 10 feet. “I think… I think I just saw Hoon and Eli walk past that window…” Both girls looked at the large picture window showing the pool from the lobby. Jade took off the sunglasses and squinted really hard. “Ughhhh!! I can’t see!!” Shelby shrugged. “I don’t see any UKISS members… Are we even staying in the same hotel?”

                Keji shook his head and laid back on his chair. “I must be seeing things…” Jade shrugged and put the sunglasses back on as Shelby was texting Alyssa on her phone. Keji kept randomly pointing out random boys to Jade but she obviously couldn’t see them very well.

                A while later, Keji did a familiar creeper laugh that all fangirls and fan boys knew very well. He leaned over to Jade. “Really hot boy and he’s looking at you. Do some modeling poses or something to lure him over here!” She laughed and sat a bit straighter and put her arms over her head and composed her face. Keji smiled. “He’s whispering to his friend! He noticed you! Do something quick!” Shelby was laughing much harder than she expected. Jade was trying not to laugh and her lips, giving fan service to whatever boy Keji was using her as bait for. She couldn’t see that far.

                Suddenly there was someone’s shadow over Jade’s face. She looked up to see who was leaning over her chair and about choked on air when she saw AJ grinning down at her. Shelby dropped her phone and Keji let out a squeak. He smiled. “Are you Jade?” he asked as he tried not to laugh at their reactions. Jade just nodded slowly and covered herself slowly with her hands.

                AJ stood up straight. “Well, it’s good to see you got my email. I’m looking forwards to seeing you at the concert tomorrow. I think it will be very interesting.” He turned and walked back into the hotel.

                Jade looked at Shelby and Keji and flailed around and covered her face. “I’M IN A SWIMSUIT!! THAT WAS HOW I MET MY FIRST IDOL!!! WHAT THE HECK!! THIS ISNT FAIR!!” she yelled, still flailing, ignoring the looks the people around gave her.

                She stood up and put her towel over her head and closed it under her chin, like she was trying to hide herself. Keji and Shelby had to chase her back into the hotel. Jade almost ran into a glass door but Keji yelled “Door!!”

                They made it back to the hotel room safely. Jade plopped down on the bed and screamed into a pillow. Keji and Shelby were laughing. She stopped and turned to look at them. “Why did AJ recognize me?!” She asked frustrated. Keji sighed and sat on the bed. “I told you earlier, you are a model and will eventually be recognized. Just so happens that the first to recognize you is AJ.” Shelby sat there for a moment and suddenly stared at them. “What did he mean that it will be interesting to see us tomorrow?”