8

Another Chance at Love

Hyuna stretched out on her bed smiling big. She just got home and despite her initial fears she had a lot of fun. The boys were actually really nice and funny. They've never made her feel uncomfortable and they've acted like they were old friends. She enjoyed seeing the other side of GD. Not the idol, but the human. This made her admire him even more. And while she was admitting things, she had to add another thing to the list, the fact that she enjoyed seeing him without a shirt. The fangirl inside her, was still dancing and squealing around.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket waking her up from her fantasy. She took it out and looked at it seeing that she had a text from Jun Hyung.

That was unexpected. Taking a deep breath she opened it and read it. He was asking her to come outside, in the small park behind the apartment building they were living. She wasn't sure she was ready to face him, but she knew that they needed to talk. Stuffing the phone back into her pocket, she stood up and left her room. Walking onto her tiptoes she made her way silently towards the front door. She put on her shoes quickly before walking out.

She found Jun Hyung already there sitting on a bench. She sat down as far from him as the bench allowed.

"Do you know the time? I think this could have waited until morning." Hyuna told him.

Jun Hyung let out a bitter chuckle. "I remember a time when you didn't care that it was late when I called you out. You always came happily."

"Things changed, and not because of me," Hyuna replied. "Now, are you going to tell me, why did you asked me to come here? It's late and I want to sleep."

"If you were that tired you should have come home earlier, instead of staying out so late."

"Excuse me?"

"Hyun Seung just got home, and since you were together I suppose you just came home too." Jun hyung pointed out.

Hyuna couldn't believe her ears. "Your point?"

"You should be careful of the things you do. What if word comes out that you spent a day in an apartment full of boys?"

Hyuna rolled her eyes. "I wasn't alone. Hyun Seung oppa was with me. And I've spent a lot of days in your apartment. You're guys too."

"It's different."

"How? Do they have something that you guys lack? Look if you called me to give me lectures, I'll pass."

"I've called you, because we need to set things straight between us." Jun Hyung told her.

"Great. Start talking. To be honest, I'm really curious on when you started laughing behind my back." Hyuna crossed her arms and waited.

"We never laughed."

"Sure... When did you guys started talking with each other?"

"Last year when Kara and Beast were invited to sing at the Christmas Special, we've exchanged phone numbers."

"That was a few days after I've introduced you two. And how come you've never mentioned that you've exchanged phone numbers." Hyuna asked with a bitter smile.

"It never came up." Jun Hyung said simply.

"It never came up?" Hyuna asked disbelieving.

Jun Hyung ran a hand through his hair frustrated. "Look, I know I screwed up. I should've told you from the beginning that I was keeping contact with her. But at first it wasn't something that I thought it was important. I've been keeping contact with a lot of members from girl groups, and you know it. She was just one of the others."

"And why didn't you told me when things started to change? She was the reason you suggested to take a break before taking a decision regarding our relationship?"

"No. The reason I've suggested to take a break wasn't her. I've talked with the president once about you and I. He asked if we are dating and I've told him that at that time no, but that our relationship was heading that way. He told me that we should be completely sure about our feelings before taking that step, because if it doesn't work things in the company might turn awkward. Remember how strained things were last year when Yoseob and Gayoon fought and broke up."

"And how did you end up with Hara?"

"When the paparazzi caught us on that supposed date, it was actually the first time we went out. She called me and told me that she was bored and asked if I want to join her for a walk. Since I was bored, I said yes. We spent the day together and in the end things blew up out of proportions. I have my hands tight for the moment. If we say that actually we're not together things will get worse. Kissing her was a mistake."

"Do you like her?" Hyuna asked.

"She's beautiful and a nice girl."

"So you do..." Hyuna sighed. "Thank you for clearing things up. One day we might be as good friends as before, but right now I need time, so I'll be grateful if you'll keep your distance."

"I don't want to be just friends" he told her

"And what do you want? Despite not being your intention, you already have a girlfriend. I don't want to be anyone's second."

Jun Hyung bit his lip not knowing what to say.

"If this is all, I'm going upstairs. I'm tired and I want to sleep." She stood up and started walking away.

Jun Hyung stood up too and grabbed her wrist before she passed by him, spinning her around and kissing her.

 

Hope you've like it.

Don't forget to subscribe and comment.

Oh...and ignore the mistakes.