21

Another Chance at Love

"Yah!" Yongbae threw a pillow at Jiyong hitting him straight in the face.

Jiyong scowled "What the hell?!"

"I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes. What the hell is going on with you?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"You've been acting weird since that night you spent with Hyuna at your apartment. What happened then?"

"Nothing," Jiyong denied immediately.

Youngbae narrowed his eyes. He had a suspicion about what happened that night but he appreciated that Jiyong didn't say anything even if he was his bestfriend. "Take care of her. You know how your fans are. If you're not serious then don't risk her reputation."

Jiyong sighed. Of course he knew how his fans were. Everytime he was spotted with a female friend the fans made everything in their power to ruin her. Of course not all were like this but it was enough.

"That's the problem Youngbae. I'm serious about her."

"How can it be a problem? She's a great girl. I think she's good for you," Youngbae frowned not understanding Jiyong's train of thought.

"When we met she was in love with somebody else. I'm sure she still has feelings for that person. I don't know where I stand." Jiyong explained.

"You're in love with her." It wasn't a question but a statement. Youngbae knew him well.

 

***

 

Yoseob sat down on the couch next to Doojoon. He had a bad feeling about this. Gayoon's worried expression was scaring him.

"What is it? What did you want to talk about?" Yoseob asked after a few moments of silence.

Gayoon was gripping her shaking hands onto her lap.

"Do you want me to talk?" Doojoon asked her. Yoseob turned a questioning look towards his leader but Doojoon was looking at Gayoon.

She shook her head. "Do you remember when we fought and broke up for a while?" she asked Yoseob in a voice barely above whisper. He nodded.

She rubbed a hand over her face "I don't know how to say this... Do you remember that at the New Year's Eve party I left early?" again Yoseob nodded. "Doojoon oppa drove me here so I won't come home  alone and we talked and... we... we had ."

"What?!" he roared and sprung to his feet.

"I'm sorry," Gayoon said in a broken whisper.

"H-how? Why?" There were so many questions passing through Yoseob's head but he couldn't turn them into words.

Doojoon stood up "It was my fault. I've been in love with Gayoon since forever, but I stood back since you two got together. When you two broke up I thought I'm going to have a chance. That night she needed comfort and I gave it to her," he tried to explain.

Before he could stop himself Yoseob punched Doojoon. Gayoon screamed while the other man stumbled back but didn't say anything.

"Leave!" Yoseob ordered his leader. "I need to speak with her alone."

Doojoon looked at Gayoon who nodded "I'm sorry," he told Yoseob and left.

"You cheated on me," Yoseob accused.

"I'm sorry. That night-"

"I'm not talking about that night. It hurts like ing hell what happened but we weren't together so technically it wasn't cheating. I'm talking about after we made up."

"Nothing happened after we made up. I've avoided him since then," Gayoon tried to explain.

"Cheating isn't only physical."

"I-"

"Do you love him?"

"No! I'm attracted to him and I have feelings for him but I don't know if it's just physical or..." she tried to be as honest as she could with Yoseob.

"Then why did you stayed with me?"

"Because I love you,"

Yoseob scoffed "You say you love me yet you lied to me."

"I was scared. Please forgive me"

"I don't know if I can," he said sadly before he left the apartment.

 

***

 

It has been a few days since Gayoon talked with Yoseob. Hyuna remembered coming home and finding her friend crying hysterically. It took her hours to calm  her down, then make her tell what happened. While now Gayoon smiled and laughed Hyuna knew it was just a pretense. They were in 4minute's cabin getting ready to leave. They finished performing earlier and thankfully they didn't have any schedules for the rest of the day.

A knock on the door snapped Hyuna out of her thoughts. Jihyun opened the door. A big smiled appeared on Hyuna's face when she saw Jiyong. She wanted to jump and kiss him but she refrained since their manager was around.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I came to check if you girls have other schedules for the day?"

"We're free why?"

"Then me and the rest of my members would like to invite you girls to go out and eat something. What do you say?" he looked at the girls who all nodded "Great," he smiled "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes," Hyuna and the rest of the girls grabbed their things.

Before they could leave Junhyung walked in "Can we talk?" he asked Hyuna.