2

Another Chance at Love

"Where is she?" Ji Hyun looked at the clock worried.

Gayoon dialed Hyuna's number again.

"Where could she be? She left the house before us." Ji Yoon scratched her head confused.

"She's still not answering?" So Hyun looked at Gayoon who was dialing Hyuna's number again.

"Finally," Gayoon exclaimed when Hyuna answered her phone. "Where are you?"

"Start rehearsing without me." Hyuna told her with a faint voice.

"Why? When are you coming here?"

"I'm not coming today."

"What? Why? What happened?" Gayoon asked worried. Hyuna never missed rehearsals especially when their comeback was in a few days.

"Nothing. I'm not in the mood for rehearsals. I'm sorry. Bye." Hyuna hung up the phone before Gayoon could reply.

Gayoon tried to call Hyuna again but her voice mail picked up. She sighed "She's not coming."

"Why?" Ji Hyun turned a questioning look on Gayoon. The five of them were best friends but Gayoon and Hyuna grew up together and because of that they were more comfortable with each other. If someone knew what was wrong with Hyuna, that was Gayoon.

Gayoon shrugged. She didn't have any idea what was wrong with Hyuna. When she left in the morning, she was as joyful as always.

Ji Hyun sighed. "Ok, today we'll rehearse without Hyuna. She'll tell us what happened when she's ready."

They took their assigned places and started dancing. It was a bit confusing without Hyuna but they managed to finish without any incidents.

*****

Gayoon walked into the practice room where the boys were rehearsing. They were working on their comeback too.

"Hey baby," she gave Yoseob a light kiss on the lips before taking a seat next to him. "How is everything going?"

"Ok. What about you girls?" he smiled at her.

"Fine. We're ready for out comeback." she told him excited.

"Great."

She looked around the practice room but she didn't spotted the one she was looking for.

"Where's Jun oppa?" she asked Yoseob.

"He left earlier today."

"He did? Why?"

"He went to see Hara." Yoseob frowned. The news of Junhyung and Hara took everyone by surprise.

"Hara? Why?" Gayoon looked at Yoseob confused.

He picked up the magazine from the floor and handed it to Gayoon. She took it, her eyes widening at the picture on the cover. Now she understood why Hyuna missed rehearsals.

"Crap!" Gayoon exclaimed. "Oppa, I have to go. See you later?"

"Sure. I'll call you when I finish here." He grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her for quick kiss.

"Arrasso." she smiled and stood up. Taking her phone out and looking for Hyuna's phone number she didn't see the person in front of her until she bumped into him.

"Oh, mianhe, oppa." she apologized.

Doo Joon smiled down at her. "It's ok. Leaving already?"

"Yeah..uhm, bye." She practically ran out the room, cursing her traitorous body.

*****

"Mind if I sit next to you?"

Hyuna looked up at Gayoon and frowned "How did you find me?"

"You forget that we grew up together. I know that whenever you want to think you come here." Gayoon sat down with a smile.

"Right, I should find another place."

Gayoon sighed. "What are you going to do?"

Knowing exactly what was Gayoon talking about Hyuna let out a long sigh. "I don't know. My mind is blank right now. My friend betrayed me. She knew that I liked him, yet that didn't stop her. He asked for time and look for what he needed that time.  I'm furious and hurt. What angers me the most is that they didn't have the guts to tell me. They've let me ramble like an idiot and none of them uttered a single word. How much they must have laughed behind my back. I am so stupid!!!"

Gayoon wrapped her arm around Hyuna's shoulders and pulled her close until Hyuna's head rested onto her shoulder. She didn't say anything. Her friend didn't need empty words like, time makes everything better, or things like that. She comforted her by holding her close and letting her know that she was there.

 

ehh... not very pleased with how this chapter turned out in the end.

Some things may be confusing now but you'll understand better, later in the story.

Hope you'll enjoy this.

don't forget to comment and tell me your opinion.