Your Second Answer

Your Second Answer

Hyejin’s POV

“Ugh!” Daehyun groaned when his side hit the floor.

“Ahh~” I groaned as well. I wasn’t lucky this time because I fell on the hard floor instead of on Daehyun like before.

“AHH!” We saw my suitcase fall right above us. Daehyun tried to rolled away but the suitcase fell right on his back.

“Oh my god!” Daehyun grunted

“Ommo! Are you okay?!” I sat up and quickly pushed the suitcase off of him.

“Ughhh~ Noo~” He groaned.

“Why is it always me?” He cried.

“What then? You wanted me to get hit and landed on?” I said back to him.

“Ughh~ that’s not what I meant.” He sat up rubbing with back.

“Huhh~ where are we?” I looked around. I stood up and dusted myself. My leg was scraped since it rubbed against a rock so it was bleeding a bit. I helped pull Daehyun up onto his feet.

“Are you okay?” I asked him.

“Yes. Are you?” He said looking at my wound.

“Yes. We can take care of it later. Just where are we?” I said looking around. I then saw a big paved road.

“OH-oh! I think we made it back.” I jumped happily and pointed to the paved road. Just then Daehyun patted my head. I turned to look at him and saw that he was fixing my hair. When he noticed that I was staring he stopped and looked around.

“Oh this place!” Daehyun seems to know where we were.

‘Oh that’s right if we’re close to where we were before then Daehyun should know since he lives here.’ I said in my head.

“We’re not that far from my house.” He said dusting himself.

“Oh.” I said shyly before picking up my suitcase.

“If we follow that road down that way we should get there pretty quick.” Daehyun told me as he picked up his own suitcase.

“Let’s go.” He said leading the way. I followed him back still a bit shy from our contact earlier.

‘Why am I feeling like this?’ I wondered as I touched my chest. My heart was racing and I felt so warm.

‘Am I really falling in love with him?’ I wondered. As we continued walking I saw houses and buildings. We were in the future now but is it the time period that we left? I wasn’t sure.

“Are you okay?” Daehyun asked me.

“Yes, I’m fine.” I said taking a deep breath.

“Don’t be worried.” He said leading the way.

“Let me carry that” He said offering to hold my suitcase.

“It’s fine. It’s not heavy.”

“What are you saying it almost broke my spine! Just let me carry it.” He grabbed the suitcase out of my hands. Our hands touched briefly and I was a bit shy. Good thing he didn’t notice because if he did he would have made fun of me again. As we were walking I saw some houses from afar along the shore.

‘We really have arrived back home’ I smiled

“There it is!” We both saw the big house in front of us. We were both happy and ran over to the entrance. We rushed right in since there was no one around and the front door was open.  I saw that he had set our luggage aside before entering the house. When we came in we saw that my umma and Auntie Jung siting in the living room. I quickly rushed over to her with Daehyun behind me.

“Umma!” I shouted and ran over and gave her a hug as I sat down beside her on the couch.

“Oh Hyejin! Daehyun! Just in time.” She said making me confused.

“W-what?” I looked at her and then to the others. Daehyun, who was standing beside the couch, was surprised as well.

“What are you talking about?” Daehyun asked them

‘Why are they like this? We’ve been away for more than a month and they’re not worried or anything?’ I was confused.

“See I was right Hyunae. Don’t they make a great couple?!” My umma said to Auntie Jung.

“U-umma…” I was surprised.

‘Why.. What?! Did she just say couple? Wait this seems familiar.’ Just then I realized that this was the same moment when I came into the living room that day. Umma and Auntie Jung was talking about Daehyun and I. They asked us to try dating  and we both refused and left the house.

“Ah Hyejin, let umma explain to you.” She said patting my hand. I slowly let go of my embraces as I thought about it. I glanced over to Daehyun who was still in shocked as well.

‘Well if this is happening again then that means that we came back to the time period  that we left right before we left the house. That’s why they’re not surprised or even noticed that we’re gone.’ I said in my head.

“So Hyejin-ah~?” Umma said making me snap out of it.

“W-what?” I asked her.

“Look at you spacing out. I asked if you would want to try dating Daehyun.” She said making me surprised.

‘She asked me that back then as well. It was the reason why I left here in the first place.’ I said in my head. I kept quiet since I was still confused. I didn’t know how to respond since it was the second time she’s asking me. I wanted to say no but I couldn’t for some reason.

“Ummm…”

“Daehyun what do you think?” Auntie Jung asked Daehyun. I looked over to him and saw him looking nervous.

“Um, yes I think we should give it a try.” He said making me widen my eyes.

“What did you just say?!” I shot up immediately.

‘He just… How could he.. In front of my mother and his mother?...’ I was shocked. It did hit me that he does like me and confessed to me already but agreeing to date me in front of our mothers was too much.

“H-he’s just joking!” I said immediately making him look at me surprise.

“No I’m not joking.” He said straight at me. When he said that my cheeks felt warm and I was so flustered.

“Ommo, Daehyun~” Our mothers gasp from his sudden words.

“A-Are you crazy?” I walked over and said to him softly.

“No I’m not crazy. I would really want to try dating you Kim Hyejin. Is that okay Mrs. Kim?” Daehyun looked over to my mother. I was still so surprised and embarrassed right now.

“O-of course, I would love it if you two could try it out. You know give it test since you two seem to be a good match.” My umma said to him.

“Umma~!!! He’s-” I tried to stop everything immediately but Daehyun cut me off.

“Thank you Mrs. Kim. I’ll take good care of her.” He said bluntly. I was just lost for words and blown away.

“Since when was my son so manly like this?” Auntie Jung said smiling widely.

“Wait a second I-“

“If you’ll excuse us. We would like to have a talk to each other.” Daehyun said grabbing my hand.

“Ah-what’s wrong with you?!” I shouted but he just dragged me away.

“Oh they are so cute.” I heard my umma say before Daehyun dragged me outside.

“Let go!” I said pulling my hand away. He eventually let go when we were outside.

“What… What did you just do?!” I asked him madly

“Something that I actually wanted to do.”

“Are you in your right mind?”

“Kim Hyejin I’m in my right mind but you are not.” He said making me surprised.

‘W-what? Is he mad at me now? I should be the only that’s mad not him?!’ I said in my head.

“I said I liked you. I said I loved you. I said I needed you. I said I wanted you. I said I wanted to date you… And remember… I said I’ll be waiting for your answer.” He said the last part softly making me heart beat faster.

“T-then why did you bluntly say that to our mothers?” I said with my head down.

“Because that my true feelings… even back then.” He said making me look up at him.

“But back then you…“

“That’s because you answered them first and it seemed like you really hated the idea of us dating so my answer went along with yours…” He said looking so sad.

“Now that I had the chance of answering them again my second answer would be me true answer.”

“Your second answer…” I was so nervous right now. I’ve had guys confessed to me before but I’ve never felt this way.

“Yes, I will date you.”

“That’s only you though. You know that both parties have to agree in order to date.” I said shyly.

“Of course I know.” He giggled.

“So what’s your second answer?” He asked me. I just looked elsewhere and thought about it.

“Actually I’m curious as to what you were going to answer to them earlier.”

“Earlier?... I-I was going to say the same thing I did before.” I said immediately with a straight face.

“Really? Do you even remember what you said last time?” He said getting closer to me.

“W-well I-I said something along the lines of… no..” I said backing up as I purposely not looked into his eyes. 

“That’s disappointing.” He said as he continued making me back up. I then stopped when my back was against the wall.

“What is you’re REAL second answer then?” He asked me again.

“I-I just told you.” I kept on stuttering. He then pinched my chin and made me look at him.

“That was what you thought but it wasn’t the real answer.” He said with such close distance between us.

“W-what are you doing?!” I pushed away with all my might and steadied my breathing. He just laughed as he rubbed his chest. Maybe I was a bit too rough on him but who cares. He’s a man.

“Y-you want my second answer?” I asked him strongly. He just smiled and nodded.

“Well… you’ll have to wait!” I said a bit uneasy.

‘Did I say it right? Did I make right choice?’ I panicked in the inside.

“Wait?” He raised his brows.

“Yes, I’m still thinking about it!” I said loudly and awkwardly crossed my arms with my chin up.

“You-“ Daehyun was going to say something but he was cut off.

“There you two are.” We were interrupted by Yongguk oppa.

‘It’s been a while Yongguk oppa!’ I smiled. I kind of missed seeing him like this. Of course I couldn’t help but remember the magistrate’s son.

“Oh Yongguk oppa!” I smiled widely. I rushed over to hug him but Daehyun beat me to him.

“Hyung~!” Daehyun said hugging him tightly.

“What’s wrong with you?” Yongguk oppa was surprised.

“Let go!” I shoved Daehyun aside and hugged Yongguk oppa.

“Oh Hyejin-ah” He was so awkward. The two of us then hugged him together.

“What’s up with you two?” He was probably so confused.

“I missed you.” Daehyun and I said in unison. I glared at Daehyun and he stuck a tongue out at me.

“What you mean? I just saw you a few minutes ago.” He said before pushing us aside.

“Are you ready to go to the beach?” Yongguk oppa asked me.

“The beach? Ahhh~ the beach!” I recalled that I wanted to go to the beach.

“Yes~ YES!” I nodded happily.

“Since you’re done changing let’s go. You Daehyun? You coming?” Yongguk oppa asked him

“Huh? Oh umm I’ll be there in a bit. I’ll go change.” Daehyun said walking away. He then turn back and grabbed our suitcases.

“I’ll put this in your room.” He said and walked away quickly.

“What’s with the suitcase?” Yongguk asked

“Nothing oppa. Let’s go!” I said pulling him towards the beach. I glanced back to Daehyun and saw his back for a second before he went up the stairs.

‘I’m sorry but just suffer a bit oppa~’ I smiled. At this point I knew that I did like Daehyun but I was just to stubborn and embarrassed to admit it out loud.

“Really though, what’s up with the two of you?” Yongguk oppa asked me again.

“Huh? Uhhh… Umm~…” I didn’t know what to say.

‘Should I tell him the truth? Yes? No? If not then what should I say?’ I wondered.

“Daehyun and I were just playing around. W-we made a bet to see who was better in acting!” I quickly made something up.

“Acting? Why?” Yongguk was confused.

“E-Exactly! Why? It’s all Daehyun’s idea.” I pushed everything onto Daehyun.

“Ha~ that kid.” Yongguk snickered.

‘Well that’s settled.’ I smiled.

“Hey Hyejin, since when did you get tan?” Yongguk asked me.

“Hmm? Oh uh…It’s summer so I just got tan..” I said awkwardly.

“Really? Were you tan like this ever since you got here?” He asked me

“Y-yes! You didn’t notice? Ah-oppa~ at least pay attention to how I look!” I pretended to be mad and whined.

“Ah, I’m sorry Hyejin.” He apologized. I just secretly smiled at him. We continued walking as I examined around.

‘Huhh~ it’s so good to be back.’ I took in a deep breath.

‘Back to our old lives… But with something new aka maybe a relationship.’ I felt so happy in the inside that I was surprised of myself. I never knew that I could be so anxious and happy to be in a relationship. It feels good.


Finally where the title of this fanfic is mentioned.

Anyways thanks for reading and supporting this fanfic till now.

Only a few more chapters left and that's it. ^-^