Successful Deal

Your Second Answer

 

Hyejin’s POV

“Oh! Who are you?” He asked me.

“My name is Kim Hyejin and I’m….” I looked over to Yongguk’s doppelganger.

“Can I have some time alone with your father?” I asked him.

“Of course.” He smiled to me.

“I’ll take my leave then.” He said and walked out. Once I was sure that he was out I continued talking.

“Let me start all over. Huhhh how am I going to say it.” I was frustrated. I looked over to him to see that he was looking at me weird.

“I’m not a bad person so you don’t have to scared.” I said to him.

“Why should I believe in you. Not just anyone can meet me just like that. Did you threatened my son or something?” He asked me.

“No I didn’t. He offered to take me to you. To tell you the truth I sneaked in here myself and planned on meeting you but your son saw me accidently and so he helped me.” I explained.

“Oh-ho just who are you to speak like that?” He stared at me.

“Well don’t get to confuse okay. I’m from the future.” I leaned in and said softly.

“What do you mean? Do you think you can fool around with me?” He said madly.

“I’m not fooling around. I’m really serious!” I said strongly.

“So you’re saying you are from the future? That’s impossible!”

“I thought so too until it actually happened...” I said back.

“Well believe or not I am from the future. Future as in hundred years later. And guess what I have evidence.” I took out Daehyun’s cellphone from my belt.

“What is that?” He stared at it.

“I’ll tell you in a bit but as for now I’ll tell you why I’m here. I’m here because my friend is in jail and I need to help him. You know that person with the yellow hair.

“Oh the monster?” He said making mad.

“He’s not a monster and his name is Daehyun.” I said back madly.

“His hair is yellow”

“Why are you so ignorant? Old people’s hair turn gray so what’s so strange seeing yellow hair. It’s just different color.” I raged.

“But how did he manage to make his hair yellow?” He asked me

“He put bleach…. It’s a thing from the future. Like a dye” I didn’t know how to explain it.

“Dye? Like dye for clothing?” He pointed to his sleeve.

“Yes, like that but in the future it’s also possible to dye hair.”

“That’s very strange. What’s the purpose for having different colored hair?” He asked me.

“They just want to look different. People treat it as if it’s clothes and change the color from time to time. Oh if you asked me that then you believe in me don’t you.

“Well… I was just going along.” He was obviously lying.

“Ehh really? Then I guess you don’t want to know what this is.” I showed him the cell phone.

“I thought you said you wanted to save your friend? That thing in your hand does seem like a good evidence.” He said to me.

“Just say that you want to know what it does since you want to.” I said to him.

“How dare you talk to me like that?!” He shouted.

“Ah sorry. It’s just I’m not use to talking like the people in this time.” I scratched my head.

“For a young lady you talk so impolite.”

“Ajusshi I’m in a rush so just excuse my impoliteness. I gave him a smile.

“So about this. It’s a cellphone and it is only from the future.”

“I want to show you some thing. Daehyun’s brother looks exactly the same as your son. Here look.” I showed him a picture of Yongguk.

“Eh that….” He seemed speechless.

“He looks just like your son doesn’t he?”

“Y-yes. Uh. May I have a closer look?” He extended his hand.

“Yes but hold it like this.” I showed him.

“His clothes and his hair are so different. Just like that Daehyun friend of yours.” He said as he looked at the screen closely.

“That’s because that’s the future clothes and type of hair. Do you believe me now?”

“Uh this could be some sort of foreign object” he pretended to not be interested. He flipped the phone over to see the back and flipped it back to see the screen change.

“Oh, what happened!” He was shocked.

“Isn’t this the friend of yours?”

“Yes. This little thing can do a lot more.” I said back.

“What else does it do? Why does it look so real?” He gave the cellphone back to me.

“Ah this we use to call other people. It’s really usefully and it was invented way later in the future. As for the picture it’s taken right at that moment. Like a painting but instantly.” I said enthusiastically.

“Calling people. Instant painting. This little thing can do a lot.”

“Yes here I’ll show you.” I said taking a step back. I turned the camera on and held it up.

“Smile.” I said to him.

“What are you going to do?” He asked me.

“You’ll see.” I said and took a picture of him. I then rushed over beside him and showed him his picture.

“Oh t-that’s me.” He was surprise.

“Isn’t this amazing?” I asked him.

“Yes very interesting. Can I try it?” He extended his hand.

“Uh actually why don’t we make a deal?” I smiled.

“A d-deal?”

“If I let you see this and use it then you let Daehyun out of jail.”

“I will have to think about it.” He retracted his hand.

“It’s a really good deal.” I said tempting him.

“I suppose I can.” He touched his beard.

“I guess I can release him. However he will be cause a lot of gossiping in the village.”

“You can just say that he has some sort of illness. They’ll believe you.”

“So I shouldn’t tell them that you two are from the future?”

“No don’t ever. That will pull more attention don’t you think?”

“That’s true.” He nodded.

“Also it could possibly change the future. That’s way I only wanted to tell you.” I said more in a polite tone.

“This all is so unbelievable yet it has to.” He shook his head.

“Also Daehyun has a brother who happens to look just like your son so just so you know you should spare him. He could be your future relative.” I leaning and said softly.

“Future relative? Do you think so?”

“There’s a possibility.” I smiled.

‘Yes I tricked him.’ I said in my head with a smirk.

“What is his family name?” He asked me.

“Jung. Jung Daehyun.” I said. His mouth then gapped opened.

‘What? Don’t tell me that’s his family name too.’

“My family name is Jung too.” He said with side eyes.

“Woah… freaky. Could it be?” I was shocked.

“Now that we mentioned it he does have some resemblance with me.”

‘What is he talking about? They have no resemblance.’ I said in my head.

“So Daehyun is safe right?” I asked him.

“Yes, I will let him go immediately. To repay the hardship he had in jail I will offer something great for you two as well an official statement about Daehyun’s strange appearance.”

“Really. Thank you so much.” I gave a big bow.

“Uhh about that thing.” He pointed over to the cell phone.

“Oh umm I would let you play with it but truthfully it’s Daehyun. I believe people during tis period also know that it’s rude to use other peoples things without asking.” I smiled.

“Oh-ho you used it before. I just want to see it for brief moment.” He was a bit mad.

“Hmmm. Okay, here.” I gave it to him. He was so happy when he received. It stared at it and then to me.

“How does it work?”

“I promise to let you use it. I didn’t promise to teach you.” I smiled.

“How do you expect me to know how it works?” He complained.

“Huhhh okay but only for a few minutes.” I said.

“Few minutes? What does that mean?” He asked me.

“Umm it means just for a bit. Can I sit down beside to so that I can show you? I’m really tired of standing.” I pouted.

“Yes- yes. Quickly.” He motioned his hand. I first showed him how to turn the screen on and off. With just that he was already fascinated. Afterwards I showed him all the apps.

“This little cell phone can do a lot of things.”

“Yes it can also has music. I said as I went into Daehyun’s playlist and looked around.

“Uhhh let’s see. How about we listen to Secret’s song Yoohoo.” I said and pressed play.

“Chinguroman boideon niga

Gwiyeopgeman boideon niga

Don’t know why i don’t know why

Neoege kkeullyeo gago isseo”

“Oh-oh amazing! whose voice is this?”

“They are famous singers. They’re not in the cellphone of course it’s just their voice is recorded. It’s very conveniently since you can listen to it whenever you want.” I explained.

“Oh ~ Neoreul saranghana bwa Yoo-Hoo~” I sang and dance along. This part of the song was so catchy and fun.

“What are you doing?” He asked me.

“Singing and dancing along.” I said as I continued.

“The future language sure is different.” He said.

“Yes it’s very different. Oh I have something else to show you.” I said as I turned the video camera on. I pointed over to him and began recording.

“Say something.” I told him.

“Me? What should I say?” He asked me.

“Anything.”

“Uhhh, Have you ate breakfast yet?” He ended up asking me a question. Just hearing the word breakfast my stomach grumbled. I turned the phone around and began recording myself.

“No I have. I’m starving right now ajusshi!” I shouted. I stopped the recording and the scooted over to him.

“A-ajusshi. Me?” He was surprised.

“Yes you look like an ajusshi.” I smiled.

“No one has ever called me ajusshi before.” He said back.

“Well I can be the first person then.”  I giggled. I then click on the video and showed him.

“Say something” The video was playing.

“Oh that me and you just now. How did we get in there?” Again he was astonished.

“You can’t expect me to explain everything to you.” I pouted. He then continued watching amazed.

“Well I guess that’s it for now.” I said turning the cell phone off.

“Ah-hem, that cell phone is really something amazing.” He chuckled.

“And this is the only thing you’ve. Wait until you see all the things from the future.” I said as I placed the cell back in between my belt and my wait.

“But I’m curious as to how did you two travelled back into the past? Was it just you two?” He asked.

“Yes it just us two and I have no idea how. There was a huge bubble that appeared in front of us. The next thing we knew it we landed in a field in this village.” I pouted.

“You poor children; all alone.” He sighed

“That reminds I have to return back to the family that’s been taking care of Daehyun and I. They must be worried sick. Oh and Daehyun. You said you’ll release him immediately. We’ve been talking for almost an hour.” I just realized. I got up on my feet and walked around the table.

“Oh that’s right. It is no longer early morning.” He got up after me.

‘And I am really hungry. I want to eat aunt’s cooking.’ I said in my head.

“Will it take long to get Daehyun out?” I asked him.

“It wouldn’t take long. All that need to be done is to release him.”

“That’s goo then. We have to hurry. First you will come with me to the jail to get Daehyun out. Afterwards we split up and go eat breakfast. Then later on you will make the official notice sign thing for Daehyun. Okay with that?” I said a bit quickly.

“I could quite understood everything you said but I suppose everything you said was correct.”

“Okay let’s go. I rushed over to the door. Opened it up to be greeted but the bright sunlight.

“Ughhh. Sunglasses would be helpful.” I groaned. Just then some guards came over.

“Who are you?” They asked me.

“Uhhhh….”

“She’s my guest. I have something important to do right now. I’ll be back soon.” The magistrate said and led the way out. I just followed behind him quietly.

“Where are you going your magistrate?” One of his workers asked him.

“To the jail.”   Just then I saw Yongguk’s doppelganger.

“Hey!” I waved to him to get his attention. He turned around and gave me a smile.

‘I haven’t noticed it but its awkward seeing Yongguk in a hanbok and a topknot.’ I said in my head and giggled. He then strode over to us.

“Father, how was the conversation?” He asked him.

“Everything went well didn’t Hyejin-sshi.”

“Yes. We are starting to get to know each other well.” I smiled happily.

“That’s good to hear. Where are you two going now?” He asked.

“I have to go visit the jail myself and free her friend out. It was all just a big mistake and so I owe her friend, Daehyun, alot.”

“Is that so. May I join along?” He asked.

“Sure. Uh let’s hurry.” I said rushing ahead. I ran over to the doors and waited for the workers to open it. I was so anxious and so I rushed outside only to see Himchan standing there with an unhappy face. Well more like mad….

“H-Himchan….” I froze.

“Who is he? A friend of yours?” The magistrate asked me.

“Uhhh yeah. His family is taking of Daehyun and I.” I kept my head low.

“So you even took my clothes.” Himchan said with a poker face.

“Himchan I can explain everything uhhh~ later. We have to go get Daehyun.” I changed the subject and cling onto his arm.

“Don’t know if I should be happy or not.” He said not looking at me.

“Of course you have to be happy. This all worked out because of me.” I said happily.  Himchan then looked down where our arms were linked.

“A lady shouldn’t be touching a man in broad daylight. A lot of people are watching. He said turning his head away. I looked over to the magistrate and his son.

“Oh. Sorry. I’m just too happy.” I said and let go.

“Well come on lets go get Daehyun.” I said out loud.