Lemon Candy Delivery

Your Second Answer

 

Hyejin’s POV

I turned around and saw that it was Daehyun.

“Why the long face?” He asked as he went beside me and sat down.

“Trying to figure what kind of reality this is.” I sighed.

“If there was a way here there will be a way back.” He said trying to cheer me up.

“I hope so but when will we be able to go back? Umma and appa are probably worried sick.”

“You were going to run away either way.” He said back.

“But I was planning on giving them a call when I reached the airport. Now I can’t give them a call even if I want to.” I frowned. I really wanted to cry but I tried my best to hold it in otherwise Daehyun would laugh at me.

“Are you crying?” Daehyun asked as he stared at my face.

“O-of course not!” I looked away.

“I’ll lend you my shoulder.” He said making me a bit surprise.

“I said I wasn’t going to cry.” I pouted.

“Fine but here you’ll need this.” He handed me a piece of candy.

“Where did you get this?” I asked as I grabbed it.

“I keep a few in my pocket just in case someone~ needs it.” He said looking elsewhere.

“I’ll kindly accept this.” I gave a small smile.

‘Lemon candy? Is it a coincidence or does he know that I like eating lemon candy whenever I’m sad?’ I said in my head. I just pushed it aside and ate the candy.

“Oh, it’s so sour~” I scrunched my face.

“Wait this candy seems familiar. It’s like the one that I used to eat when I was little.” I was surprised.

“Maybe because it is.” Daehyun glanced over at me.

“Really? Ahh~” my jaws were hurting from the sourness.

“Yeah, who do you think gave it to you?” He asked me.

“You?” my jaw dropped. The piece of candy was getting sweeter which is my favorite part.

“It can’t be. Why would you give me candy? All that I know was that you always picked on me and made me cry.” I said back.

“That’s why I gave you a piece of candy. Truthfully I didn’t mean to make you cry. I just wanted to play with you but you know I’m a boy and you're a girl so the chemistry doesn’t work so well. And so you always ended up crying. I wanted to cheer you up so I secretly gave you a piece of lemon candy.” He explained.

“Why secretly?” I question him.

“Because if I gave it to you, you wouldn’t accept it. Plus if Auntie saw me then she would yell at me for giving you candy. It’s better for you to take care of it yourself.” He smiled.

“Ehhh~ scared for your life.” I hissed.

“Oh-ho you don’t know how scary she can get.” I chuckled.

“Hmm but you still seem mean to me.” I stared at his side view.

“I know you do. I don’t plan on changing it.” He smirked before poking me on my forehead.

“Ahh~” I tumbled backwards.

“Yah!” I shouted but he already got up and left.

“Aish! Why do I have to stay here with you?!” I complained as I got up. I then realized that it was very dark.

‘Wait, this is the wild right?’ I said in my head as I looked around scared.

“Hyejin-sshi” I heard making me jump.

“Oh, Himchan. Ah you scared me.” I sighed.

“I’m sorry, let’s go inside. There are lots of bugs out at night.”

“Really. Well let’s go.” I grabbed on to his arm and led the way back but Himchan didn’t move.

“What’s the matter?” I asked him

“It’s not proper for a man and a woman to be in contact.” He said making me let go of him.

“Ah, sorry I forgot.” I gave a shy smile. We then walked back into the house with some distance between us. When we came back into the house everyone was discussing on where we were going to sleep.

“What should we do, there’s only two bedrooms?” Ajumma looked over ajusshi

“Well I’ll move to Himchan’s room so that you three ladies can sleep together. As for him.” He looked at Daehyun

“Ah, outside would be nice.” He smiled.

“Are you crazy?” Daehyun was shocked.

“He is just joking. You can also go sleep in Himchan’s room.” Ajumma said back.

“I wasn’t joking. Himchan’s room isn’t big for three people.” Ajusshi said with a serious face.

“You three can squeeze in just fine. Now go prepare the bed sheets.”  Ajumma said to them before leaving. The three of us went to wash up.

“Do you brush your teeth?” I asked them.

“Brush our teeth?” They were confused.

“I guess not. What do you use to clean your teeth?”

“Water and this.” Mincha showed me a stick.

“Seriously?” I was surprised.

“Hold on let me go get something.” I ran off to find my backpack.

“Tooth brush where are you.” I said to myself as I dug into my bag.

“Ah here it is. Thank goodness I brought it.” I smiled brightly. I then ran back to the back of the house where they were washing up for bed.

“This is what the people in future use to clean their teeth.” I showed them. I then explained and demonstrated the process to them. After wards I let them tried toothpaste on their own toothbrush stick. They said it taste refreshing and almost swallowed it.

“Yah Hyejin, you brought toothpaste right? Let me have some, I can’t bare just brushing my teeth with just a stick and water.” Daehyun ran over to me.

“No, it’s mine.” I was being selfish.

“Come on just a little.” Daehyun was persistent.

“Okay. Just a little okay. I need for the rest of our time here.” I pouted as I squeezed a pea size for him. Afterwards we went to our room and set up the bed sheets.

“Is it fine for you Hyejin?” Ajumma asked me.

“Yeah, it’s fine.” I said although the floor was pretty hard. I knew it was the only way so I bared with it.

“Good night ajumma, good night Mincha.” I said and then they said back to me as well. I wasn’t quite use to it but I was tired so I fell asleep fine. When morning came it was really bright. No only that but a the rooster was really loud.

‘Oh nature’s alarm how I despise you.’ I said in my head.

“Huuhhh~” I gave a big yawn as I opened my eyes. I saw that Mincha and ajumma was already awake.

“Oh, you’re already awake?” I got up.

“Yes, this is usually the time we start the day.”

“Really? It seems still pretty early. In the future a lot of people sleep in all the way till afternoon if they don’t have a job. It’s usually kids.” I told them.

“Then they’ll be really lazy. If I wake up early I get to do more things.” Mincha said happily.

“Yes, people are lazier in the future.” I giggled.

‘Aigoo~ my back’ I said in my head as I patted my back. We all then changed our clothes for the new day. I’ve only gotten here yesterday but I was already use to it. Maybe because it’s not much different from my usual life. Maybe visually it is but there’s lots of similarities and common sense.

“Good morning.” I said to the men.

“Huhhh~ good morning.” Daehyun yawned loudly.

“Good morning.” Himchan said with a straight face.

‘How can he look the same every hour? Is he not tired. I bet my dark circles are so low right now.’ I said in my head.

“How did you sleep last night Daehyun?” Ajumma asked him.

“He was  sleep great in fact he was snoring very loudly.” Ajusshi complain.

“What? I do not snore! In fact the one snoring was you!” Daehyun said back.

“Don’t lie, Himchan he was snoring last night wasn’t he?” Ajusshi asked Himchan.

“I’m not sure, I didn’t know who it was coming from.” He said cleanly.

‘Does he really don’t or is he pretending so that he wouldn’t get involved?’ I stared at Himchan.

“Well someone was snoring.” Daehyun glared at the ajusshi.

“Maybe it was both of you.” I spoke up.

“I agree with unnie.” Mincha hugged me. The two of them then turned to look at us.

“Well enough with the arguments. Would anyone want to help me with breakfast?” Ajumma asked us.

“I’ll help.” I went over to her along with Mincha.

“They just can’t sit still and not compete.” I whispered to ajumma.

“Yes, the house will get more noisier.” She giggled.