It's Time

Your Second Answer

Daehyun’s POV

“Appearance….” I said to myself I continued walking.

“Ahh~” I heard Hyejin say but I didn’t look at her. It seemed like she wanted me to open my mouth.

“Ahh~” I opened my mouth and she shoved something into my mouth.

‘What’s this?’ I finally snapped out of thinking and looked at her. It turns out that she was feeding me a piece of bread. I chewed on it before holding the rest since she shoved a huge piece into my mouth.

“What are you doing?” I was a bit flustered.

“You’ll need lots of nutrients in order to think properly. So… I’m feeding you.” She said a bit shy before turning away.

“Ooohhh~ Hyejin-ah~ Thank you~” I chuckled.

‘Well it seems like she likes me too.’ I smiled happily.

“Don’t over think it.” She pouted as she went to buy more food.

“What do you want me to think of it?’ I asked her with a big smile. She just gave me a glare making me swallow down hard.

‘She can get pretty scary sometimes.’ I said in my head.

“So what can you think of so far?” She asked me before holding out the snack to me.

“Ahhh~” I opened my mouth wide happily.

“Get it yourself.” She pouted.

“You fed me before.” I pouted.

“Ahh, forget it then. This is fried food. Not good for your sensitive throat.” She turned away.

“Ohh! Now you’re worried for me.” I giggled.

“DON’T OVER THINK IT!” she threw a fit. She then got all embarrassed because some people were looking at her

Cute~’ I smiled

“Okay. But still let me have some. It looks good.” I walked over to her and took a small piece of the snack.

“So far I could only think of based off of ‘appearance’ is our clothing.” I said as I chewed on the snack.

“Tsk~ I got that too. Just what were you thinking the entire time?” She hissed.

“Just let me finish. If it’s our clothing then what I was thinking was that we should change back into our future clothing and perhaps walk around and wait.”

“Are you sure that walking around and waiting would work?” She asked me.

“Well that's how we got here not that we were wishing to. Did you wish you travel back in time?” I asked here suspiciously.

“Of course not. Why would I want to travel back in time?” she said back.

“Well we could always try it.”

“What if someone else sees us walking around in weird clothing?”

“We probably won’t have to walk far. Besides Himchan and his family live in an isolated area.” I said to her.

“I wonder how our family members would react.” She said looking a bit sad.

“Well… either they’re panicking or that nothing has change. I mean we traveled back in time so when we travel back we could be in any other time period.” I said a bit concerned.

“Oh then what if we don’t go back to the right time?” She was worried.

“Then…. We’ll try again and again until we get it right. There’s always a way back.” I said but she stayed quiet and looked down to the ground.

“Please don’t forget that I’m still with you.” I said to her softly.

“Yes… remember that. I see that as a promise.” She said with a shy smile.

“I’ll keep my promise.” I giggled. I stared at her and examined her worried sad look. I then took a piece of candy from my behind my belt and held in my hand secretly. Right when we were walking into the crowd of people. I reached my hand towards her and held her hand with the piece of candy in between our hands.

“What are you…?” She was surprised but then was flustered.

“I don’t want to lose you.” I said not looking at her. Guess I was trying to look cool. She just dropped her head as she followed me.

“Is it a lemon candy again?” she asked me faintly.

“Yes.”

“How many do you have with you?” She asked me.

“It’s my last one with me. Looks like we have to get back soon” I said looking at her.

“Going back just for lemon candy?” She pouted.

“I can’t stand seeing you sad. Lemon candy does the trick so I’ll do anything for it.” I said whatever was on my mind.

“You idiot.” She pouted. We then passed the crowd but I didn’t want to let go of her hand. However I knew better than to continue holding her hand so I held out hand up with my hand on top. I slowly let go so that the piece of candy was sitting in the middle of her palm.

“Eat it and show your smile.” I said to her.

“So you are really the one that’s been giving me the candies since we were little.” She said softly before eating the piece of candy.

“You didn’t believe me?” I asked her

“Not really since you were always the one that made me cry.” She said smiling.

‘Looks like the candy is already doing it’s job.’ I smiled.

“Hyejin-sshi!” We heard Himchan’s voice. At the corner we saw Himchan and Mincha.

“Oppa~ Let’s go shopping over here.” Mincha grabbed onto my arm and pulled me away. I looked back to Hyejin to see her pouting and turned away.

‘What? Jealous?’ I smirked. Mincha just dragged me here and there around the village.

“Mincha, do you like oppa?” I asked her.

“O-oppa, what are you saying.” She was all shy.

“You do don’t you.” I moved my face closer to her.

“Y-yes. I kind of like oppa.” She said shyly.

“Oh, what to do~ Oppa will have to leave soon.” I said to her making her pout.

“Ah~ don’t leave. We’ll let you and Hyejin unnie live with us forever and we can live as a big family just like we’ve been doing.”

“Mincha..” I patted her head.

“I like that idea but we can’t stay here. We don’t belong here remember?” I said to her softly.

“Oppa~”

“Oppa likes Mincha too but as a younger sister.” I said hoping that she wouldn’t fall too hard for me.

“Sister?” She pouted.

“Oppa is too old to be your lover don’t you think so?” I said trying to make a good a excuse.

“You’re not that much older. But I understand. Oppa must really miss your family and friends.” She said smiling.

“Yeah. Hyejin unnie too. We don’t know when we’ll leave so just prepare yourself.” She just pouted and hugged onto me.

“Come on it’s getting late. We should head back home.” I said leading her home.

“Oppa, can you give me a piggy back ride?”

“Sure. Get on” I crouched down and let her climbed on. I ten stood up and began walking. We met up with Hyejin and Himchan at the bottom of the hill.

“Oh Mincha, what are you doing?” Himchan seemed a bit unhappy that I was carrying her.

“Oppa said it was fine.” She pouted.

“Yes, I said I’ll carry her. She’s not that heavy.” I said back before looking over to Hyejin. I just gave her a smile but he turned her head.

“I’ll carry her.” Himchan offered.

“Nooo~” Mincha whined.

“It’s okay. I’ll carry her until we get back. Afterwards we might try to leave.”

“OPPA~!” Mincha lifted her head in surprised.

“We’re leaving already?” Hyejin was surprised as well.

“The sooner the better don’t you think?” I said to her.

“I don’t want you to leave yet.” Mincha pouted.

“She’s so attached to you.” Hyejin said making me look at her.

“And you’re okay with it?” I asked her softly.

“Watch where you’re going” Hyejin said before walking ahead of me with Himchan. The two of them began talking as Mincha snuggled against my back.

‘I wonder what they are talking about’ I said in my head. We all walked up the hill and back to the house within 20 minutes. Most of the time I was just curious as to what Hyejin and Himchan was talking about. When I was I was just thinking about having to leave this place. Although there isn’t any Internet or transportation it was a fun experience. We get to live the life of the past and made new friends. When we arrived at the house I let Mincha down and she just gave me a hug.

“So are we leaving right away?” Hyejin asked me.

“Ummm.”

“How about a meal before laving.” Himchan suggested.

“That sounds great.”

“I’ll go tell my mother to make a special meal.”

“Uh, you don’t have to really. Every meal that we’ve had with your family has been special already. I wouldn’t want to bother your mother even more than we have already.” Hyejin said making me smile.

“She’s right.”

“Still. I’ll go tell her. Perhaps we could all help with the meal today before we send off.”

“Yes, oppa. I’ll cook something for oppa and oppa can cook something as well.” Mincha said wiping her tears away.

“Okay. Come on.” I said and we all went inside.

‘Well… It’s almost time’ I said in my head. I may look fine on the outside but in the inside I felt really stuffy and heavy. How long have we been here? A month or two. Time sure flies. This place felt like home to me and now we had to leave.

‘If I feel like this imagine Hyejin.’ I looked over to her and saw her looking blank. She must be hiding her emotions right now.  When we met Ajumma and Ajusshi we told them about us leaving. Of course like the rest of us they were pretty sad but also happy that we’re going to get back home. We briefly told them about out plan before we all dispersed to prepare for our last dinner together. I always kept my eyes on Hyejin though. She looked fine but I know she wasn’t. I was worried. When she was cutting the onions she was slowly changing. Her eyes were getting red and I know that it wasn’t because of the onions. She sniffled and looked up to see me looking right back at her. She turned away hiding her face.

‘Just let it out. You’ll feel better’ I wanted to tell her that.

“I’m… going to wash my face. Cutting the onions made my eyes sting.” She said and rushed out.

“Poor thing. She must have not been able to hold it in anymore.” Ajumma said

 “She’s trying too hard to be strong.” I said softly. I wanted to check on here but I knew she wanted some time alone.