Just The Beginning

Your Second Answer

Hyejin’s POV

‘What is he saying?’ I was surprised.

“Let me check your head? Is there a specific spot that hurts?” I said leaned over and grabbed his head.

“Hyejin-ah” He held onto my wrists and pulled my hands away.

“I’m okay. How should I prove it to you that I am serious? Should I kiss you?” He said straightforwardly.

“What are you saying?” I was shocked. I couldn’t help but laugh nervously at him as I sat back down.

“Do you want to die?” I tried to threaten him but my voice shaken a bit. Hopefully he didn’t notice.

‘Could it be that he really mean it? Why now? Why me?’ I was confused.

“I know this is sudden but I just wanted to tell you since we’re alone and who knows what will happen to us later.” He said

“What are you trying to say? Don’t jinx it.” I said as I rethink about what he said before.

“Sorry. I’m just saying whatever is on my mind” he said back.

‘He.. Daehyun oppa likes me? It can’t be. He hates me so how can he like me?’ I said in my head as I looked over to him. He was looking down at the ground.

‘This is so weird. He just confessed to me and now he’s doing nothing?’ I said in my head.

“Yah” I said getting his attention.

“Did you just say ‘yah’ to the person that just confessed to you?” He said back.

‘Ah seriously he always argues with me. How can he actually like me.’ I sighed.

“So now what?” I asked him awkwardly.

“I’m waiting for your answer.” He said making me even more nervous. My heart was racing and I was getting antsy.

“So..?” He spoken.

“I don’t know.” I pouted.

‘Do I like him? I mean I barely consider him as a friend. Right?’ I was confused. I sat there thinking to myself and realized that I do have some kind of feeling for him.

‘Is it love? But he always gets on my nerves.’ I said to myself.

“You.. don’t have to give me an answer right away.”

“Do you really like me?” I asked him just to be sure

“I believe so. I know it’s hard to accept but I do have some kind of feelings for you.”

“Me too.” I said abruptly.

“I mean… I also have some kind of feelings for you too but I’m not sure what kind of feelings.” I said shyly.

“But..” I decided to change the situation a bit.

“You are always arguing with me even when we were little. How can you possible like me” I said madly.

“Don’t you know that’s also a way to express love?” He said making me flustered.

‘Wait so is he saying that he liked me back then as well.’ I was surprised.

“Like I said it’s probably hard to accept all of this. I’m just putting it out there and I… I’m sincere about this.” He said with a stern voice.

“What? So you want to.. date me?” I pointed to myself surprised. I really couldn’t imagine us dating

“Well I want to hear your answer first and then we can worry about that afterwards.” He said. I had a lot to think about but really all I had to say was either ‘okay’ or ‘sorry’.

“How do you feel?” I asked him since I was curious about his feelings right now.

“I’m very nervous right now. I mean I just confessed for you. Here want to feel my heart?” He grabbed my hand and placed it on his chest.

“Yah, what are you doing?!” I panicked and tried to pull away but he was really strong. He forced my hand on his chest as he giggled happily. I stopped struggling for a second and could actually feel his heart beat against my palm.

“Can you feel it?” He asked me. I just nodded. My heart raced when I looked up and saw that we were really close to each other.

“W-what are you doing?” I shoved him away lightly and went to sit back down with some distance between us.

“I haven’t given you an answer yet and you already getting touchy” I pouted.

“Sorry I just wanted to prove it to you as well as help you decide.” He said making me look at him.

‘Well my heart is beating really fast. So does that mean I like him too?’ I asked myself.

“I’ll give you an answer some other time.” I said pulling my legs up to my chest.

“Okay, I’ll wait.” He said back.

‘What’s taking Himchan so long? Being alone with him is so…’ I was nervous.

“Hyejin-ah. I want to ask you something. Do you really like Himchan?” He asked me.

“W-why?”

“I just want to know my competitor.” He said bluntly.

“Why are you being so weird right now?!” I said out of frustration.

“How am I being weird? I went through the trouble to confess to you and now you’re taking your frustration on me?” He said back.

‘This is what I don’t like about him. He never backs down for me. I can’t imagine us dating. I mean couples do argue with each other but that rarely happens, right?’ I said in my head.

“Huhh I’m sorry. I’m just very nervous right now and I didn’t know what to say.” He said making me calm down.

‘What’s this? He actually apologized’ I was surprised. This has never happened before. I was actually a bit touched by his actions.

‘I’m actually seeing him in a different light.’ I said to myself.

“I’m the one that should be apologizing. I was a bit frustrated.” I said without even thinking. The two of us sat there quietly as we sorted our thoughts.

“I see him more as an older brother.” I said answering to his previous question.

“Hmm? Really?” He sounded happy. I just gave him a nod whether or not he saw it.

“Are you feeling okay right now?” He changed the topic.

“What do you mean?” I was no longer in the right mind. I had so much to think about and so I wasn’t as sharp like usual.

“Are you scared? Cold?”

“Oh uh, no I’m fine.”

“DAEHYUN!!! HYEJIN-AH!!!” We heard shouts.

“Oh he actually came back for us? “Daehyun was surprised.

“What, did you think he would do?” I said back.

“No, I mean how could he get around in this fog.”

“Well he does live here.” I said back

“Good point. WE’RE DOWN HERE!!” Daehyun shouted. After a few minutes of trying to locate each other through our voices they finally found us. Ajusshi and Himchan came back with a long rope to pull us out of the ditch.

“You first.” Daehyun said to me.

“Oh.” I said nervously and got in front of the rope. I nervously held onto the rope and tried to think of what to do next.

“You sneaked into the magistrates place, don’t tell me that you don’t know what to do.” Daehyun said making me snap.

“Well why did you confessed to me in the first place. It’s not my fault that my mind is all jumbled up.” I said to him madly.

“What are you two arguing about? Hurry up before wild boars come.” Ajusshi shouted.

“Aish.” I hissed before I grabbed onto the rope. I wrapped it around my waist before walking up the steep slope.

“Be careful.” Daehyun said below me.

“I know.” I said back.

‘Earlier he was yelling at me and now he’s worried? Is he really in love with me or is this a joke.’ I said in my head. I was still not able to accept that all of this was real. I mean after all these years no one like me and if they do then they always changed their mind later on. I’ve given up on love already and now I have to worry about it again with Daehyun of all people.

“Are you hurt anywhere?” Himchan asked me.

“No. I’m fine.” I then remembered that Daehyun’s hand was injured.

“Oh OPPA. How are you going to get up? Your hand is injured.” I shouted. I didn’t realize it but I was quite worried for him.

“It’s okay. I have can still get up.” I heard Daehyun grunt right afterwards and the rope tighten.

‘Oh what to do? He must be in a lot of pain having to use his injured hand.’ The rope shook as Daehyun continued grunted. I was finally able to see him appear out of the hole.

“Daehyun.” I was glad to see him almost out of the ditch.

“I really think that my luck here isn’t that good.” He groaned before he was pulled out by ajusshi.

“No joke. Looks like you two should go home soon before it gets worse.” Ajusshi giggled.

‘Home? That's right. We still have to go home too.’ I remembered.

“How’s your hand?” I said taking a glimpse at it. The piece of ribbon that I wrapped around his hand was drenched in blood.

“I’ll take care of it when we get back.” He said to me.

“I told you not to wander off.” Himchan said to me madly. I was a bit surprised from his sudden lecture.

“I’m sorry.” I pouted.

“It’s not her fault. Let’s go.” Daehyun said. We all then began walking back home and I just followed them from behind.

“Just so you’d know. Wherever we are I will still be waiting for your answer.” Daehyun said to he softly before walking ahead with the others.

‘He said he’s going to be waiting. What about me? Just when can I give him an answer? What is my answer?’ I wondered. I felt bad for not giving him an answer immediately but I don’t know what to say since I don’t even know my own feelings.