What to do?

Your Second Answer

 

Hyejin’s POV

“Daehyun! Daehyun! Jung Daehyun!” I shouted as I pushed myself through the crowd”

“What are you going to do? Let me go!” Daehyun struggled.

“Oh, what do I do?!” I panicked.

“He has yellow hair so he must be a monster.” The ajummas around me murmured.

“Just because his hair color is different doesn’t mean he’s a monster! How old are you and you’re still thinking like a child!”  I said back to them.

“Ommo, ommo just who are you miss?” They stared at me.

“I’m sorry.” Himchan said and pulled me away.

“What are you doing?! Why would you apologize when I did nothing wrong?” I said to him madly.

“They think differently than you so you shouldn’t get mad at them.” He explained.

‘I do understand but it’s hard to accept’ I said in my head.

“But-….” I was mad and anxious and nervous.

“For now the only way left is to let them take Daehyun. Afterwards we’ll think of a plan to get him out.”

“Take him? You mean to jail? That’s horrible.” I looked over to Daehyun who was being pulled away.

‘We’re not that close but still he doesn’t deserve this and he must feel so lost.’ I thought sadly.

“Hyejin, follow me.” Himchan held onto my hand and pulled me along.

“Mincha, you need to stay next to me.” I heard Himchan said to his sister. I just kept my eyes on Daehyun’s back.

“Hyejin-ah!” Daehyun shouted.

‘He needs help. He needs me but I don’t know what to do.’ I was frustrated.

“Excuse me. What’s going on?” Himchan asked the guard.

“Can’t you see already? That monster kid has yellow hair. He’s going to be locked up before he causes trouble.” He said back to Himchan. I then went and asked another guard.

“Excuse me. Excuse me! What are you going to do to him?” I shouted over the loud crowd but he didn’t even look at me.

“Don’t you know that if someone ask you a question then you answer back?!” I shouted.

“Miss. What do you think they’ll do to him? He is a monster of course he’ll be executed in the public for our safety.” He finally answered me.

“W-What? E-Executed? But he didn’t do anything! How can you kill someone innocent?!” I said back.

“Innocent or not he is a monster! Who knows what he’s done already?!” The guard was making me annoyed.

“He hasn’t done anything!” I argued but the guard ignored me again. Just then Daehyun fell over.

“Oh, oh Daehyun!” The guards then dragged him away. He was too far to hear me though.

“Ah, don’t drag him like that!” I was on the verge of crying.

‘How can they be so cruel?!’ I was aggravated.

“Oppa, we have to safe Daehyun oppa.” I heard Mincha crying.

“I know but I’m not sure what we can do. We can try to prove that he’s not a monster but we need proof. Proof that they’ll believe.” Himchan said to her.

“Excuse me but how long will they keep him in jail?” I asked the guard.

“Who know maybe a few days since we need to get to know it first.” He said back lazily.

“It? Don’t refer to him as an object!” I was mad.  I tried calming down as I pulled myself through the crowd so that I can keep my eye on Daehyun.

“Himchan, do you think they’ll accept that he dyed his hair?” I asked him.

“I don’t think so.” Himchan said back.

“Ehhh, why do people just suspect that anyone different is a monster’ I was very irritated about the people’s thinking in this time period.

“Oh, oh they’re taking him inside.” I jumped up and down worried.

“That’s the jail. No one is allowed to go in there.” Himchan explained. I looked down to see Mincha crying.

“It’s okay Mincha. We’ll get him out no matter what. Stop crying, you’re eyes are going to get all swollen.” I leaned down and wiped her tears away.

“Y-yes.” She sniffed softly. I then took the courage and walked over to the jails entrance.

“Excuse me but the person you just took in is my friend. He’s not a monster.” I said. I wasn’t expecting an easy answer from them.

“Friend? He’s a monster! You just want to go in and see him yourself don’t you miss.” He said to me.

“No. I’m serious. His hair is just dyes, that’s why it’s like that. You know dye like for clothing. He tried it on his hair and it stay like that.” I said the truth with a little twist.

“It’s not for you to decided. Now go no one is allowed to visit him!”

“No one? We can’t even bring food for him?”

“We’ll take care of that now leave.” He said not looking at me.

“What’s so dangerous about having yellow hair? It’s just like old people getting white hair. Can’t you just let him go?” I refused to leave.

“I already said it’s not up to you. Leave!” He said loudly.

“Aish.” I hissed.

“Sorry Daehyun but you’ll have to stay in there for a while!” I shouted hopefully he could hear me.

“WHAT?! HURRY UP AND GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!” Daehyun shouted back.

“Oh he could hear me!” I was happy.

“Leave miss!” The guards were mad at me.

“OKAY!” I shouted back before walking away back to Himchan.

“Okay so explaining doesn’t work.” I glared back at the guards.  Just then someone walked by catching my attention.

“Y-Yongguk?” I was surprised when I saw that person.

“That can’t be.” I quickly ran after the person.

“Hyejin, where are you going?” Himchan shouted. I then ran right over and stood in front of him.

“It is you.” I said softly as I stared at his face.

“You what do you think you’re doing?” the guy beside him said to me.

‘He looks exactly like Yongguk.’ I said in my head.

“Move aside!” The other guy yelled.

“It’s alright” Eokman He said to the guy beside him.

“Is there something you want miss?” He asked me.

‘Even his voice is deep like Yongguk’s’ I was astonished.

“Miss?” He asked me again.

“Hyejin!” Himchan ran over and pulled me aside.

“They’re exactly the same.” I said to myself.

“What are you doing?” Himchan said to me softly but I was confused.

“We’re sorry. We’ll take out leave.” Himchan said to him and pulled me away.

“W-wait a second. That was… Who was that?” I asked Himchan.

“He’s the magistrate’s eldest son”

“Magistrate’s son?”

‘Who would have thought that Yongguk’s past life was the magistrate’s son.’ I said in my head.

“Wait, magistrate? Isn’t the magistrate in charge of decided whether or not someone should be executed?” I asked Himchan.

“Yeah.” Himchan nodded.

“Then we can just talk to him.” I was going to go after him but Himchan stopped me.

“Hyejin, I don’t think that’ll work.” Himchan said to me.

“We won’t know for unless we try.” I said back.

“He’s already gone.” Himchan said to me. I turned around and saw that he was indeed gone.

‘Fine I’ll just talk to the magistrate tomorrow then.’ I thought as if it was nothing hard.

 “If you’re thinking in talking to him then the possibility is almost impossible.” Himchan knew my plan immediately.

“I haven’t started planning yet but just so you know nothing is impossible for me.” I said to Himchan I then turned away and began thinking.

‘At this rate the only way that could save Daehyun is to say that we’re from the future. I could also say that that guy that looks like Yongguk is Daehyun’s brother in the future. He’ll bound to soften his heart since his son is Daehyun’s future brother. Sounds a bit confusing but it makes sense. Oh but we need evidence.’ I wondered. I then looked back to see Himchan and Mincha sitting down  on some boulders.

“What are you two doing?” I asked.

“Unnie we are waiting for you to finish thinking so that we can head home.”

“Huh? Ah you should have said so. I tend to drift off when I’m thinking.” I said back.

“We didn’t want to bother you since you must be very troubled.” Himchan said to me.

“Yes.” I said as I looked down to the ground.

“It’s okay though. Let that guy suffer a bit since he’s so mean to me.” I said. Himchan then giggle at my statement.

‘Eh, he’s pretty cute when he giggles.’ I said in my head.

“Daehyun oppa  seems nice to me.”

“Yes, to you but not me” I touched her nose.

‘His destiny shouldn’t be that bad. He’ll be saved soon. I will only return to the future with Daehyun since we came here together.’ I said in my head.

“Let’s get back. We can talk about it to your umma and appa. Perhaps they’ll know what to do since they’re more wise.” I said to Mincha.

“Then Daehyun will have to stay over night in jail?” She asked me.

“We’ll try to get him out today if not tomorrow. Any time long would be troublesome.” I said as we walked back home.

‘Now back to where I was. Evidence. Oh the things from my bag can be evidence of the future. A cellphone is just the right thing! Wait Daehyun’s cellphone might have some pictures of Yongguk. If I showed that to them he should believe in me.’ I said in my head.

“Himchan where does the magistrate stay most of the time?”

“Why?”

“Just tell me.” I pouted.

“You see that big house guarded with all those men?’ Himchan motion over  ahead.

“Yes, that’s his house?” I asked him.

“Yes, most of the time he’s there since he does his work in there as well. Occasionally he’ll leave  to go else where.” Himchan told me.

“Okay, I have a plan. As of now I need to rush back home to get something!” I said and began running.

“Hyejin, don’t run!” Himchan shouted.

“Now is not the time to be talking about being lady like!” I pouted to him.

“Just watch your step. There’s lots of rocks so be careful.” He said.

“Then I can run? I’ll watch where I’m going.” I said smiling. He gave me a small smile and a nod.

“Ha-ha~” I giggled as I ran back to the house.

‘There’s no time to be walking around. I have to do whatever I can and as soon as possible.’ I said in my head.

“Wait for me!” Mincha shouted as she ran right behind me.

“Mincha! You shouldn’t run!” Himchan shouted. In the end the three of us ran back to the house.