Getting Back

Your Second Answer

 

Hyejin’s POV

After preparing the meal we all sat down quietly and started to eat.

“Before we eat I would like to say a few things for Hyejin and Daehyun.” Ajumma spoke up.

“You two had came by unexpected and had lived with us for a very long time however it was our pleasure. I believe that everyone was happy when you two have stayed with us. We all know that you have to go back your home and it is a shame because I would love it if you two could stay here forever. I see you as my own children and it’s disappointing that you two can’t stay longer.” She said holding onto my hand with sad eye but with a smile.

“Aju- Auntie.” I wanted to be closer to her for the last time.

“Auntie, I’m… We’re really thankful of this family for taking us in when we were complete strangers. I too thought of you as a second mother of mine.” I said with teary eyes.

“Don’t cry anymore, let’s be happy for our last moments together.” She said giving me a hug.

“Ah-hem, I guess I’ll say something too.” Uncle cleared his throat.

“Hyejin…you are a young lady with a very loud voice…”

‘Ayyy~ what’s he saying now.’ I said in my head .I was expecting a good goodbye but this.

“However, you are a very good young lady that’s very strong and persistent. I would want Mincha to grow up just like you.” He said making me smile.

“Thank you uncle for the compliment.” I smiled at him. He was all shy but he tried to be all-strong like his usual self.

“Daehyun, you’re going in a right path… I would love it if you grow up to be like Himchan.”

“?...” He said making all of us surprise before giggling.

“Yeobo!” Auntie nudged her husband.

“What? Daehyun is younger than Himchan so he’s the one growing to become-.”

“How can you say that to another person’s child?!” Auntie said madly

“Daehyun don’t mind him. He just wants a big laugh.” She said smiling

“Ah, yes. It’s fine. I’m already used to his jokes.” Daehyun giggled.

“Himchan do you have anything to say?” Auntie asked him.

“I apologized on behalf of everyone for being so harsh and not understanding you two since we are from different time periods.” He said all serious making the mood tense.

“You don’t have to apologize. We know that already. Everyone misunderstood Daehyun because of his hair and I know I/m not so feminine most of the time.” I giggled.

“Well then. I hope you two get back safely and remember us at least.” He said making me so emotional.

“Of course we’ll remember you. Ah that’s right my phone probably still has some battery in it. We should take a photo together.”

“Really?” My phone died completely since Mincha kept on using it.

“It’s because I’m smart.” I said proudly.

“If only I brought my portable printer.” I sighed.

“Ah~ seriously.” Daehyun eyed me.

“What?” I asked back at him.

“If only I brought my entire house with me~” He mimicked me.

“Yah~!” I hissed at him.

“Oh Himchan did you have to say anything else?” I asked him.

“It was fun having you two here.”

“Himchan oppa has gotten a lot more talkative and outgoing.” Mincha said making all of us smile.

“She’s right. Himchan used to be so quiet and stays at home all the time before you two came here.” Auntie said smiling widely.

“Looks like he can get married soon.” Uncle said making him flustered.

“Yup he’s husband material. I would definitely marry someone like him.” I said happily as I glanced over to Daehyun. He just stared at me and laughed along.

“And I will marry someone just like Daehyun oppa~” Mincha said. And I glanced at her.

‘What am I doing? No way am I getting jealous.’ I said in my head.

“Me too~ I need to find someone like Mincha when I get back.” Daehyun said as he glanced at me.

‘It’s not working~. I’m not jealous~’ I sang in my head.

“Let’s hurry and eat as we talk before the food get’s cold.” I said. Everyone agreed and we started eating. Today was probably the most that we’ve talked together ever since we came here. We were no longer awkward with each other and we joked with each other like we were a family. After eating and talking we helped clean up and we took a photo together on my phone. I handed my phone to Daehyun so that he could take it since his arms were longer.

“1-2-3 cheese~! ” I said happily

“W-what?” Uncle was confused.

“Oh I forgot that you don’t know what that means. We paused the photo session briefly.

“Uh…. Cheese is a type of fo-“

“Ah you don’t have to go into it that deep.” Daehyun hissed at me.

“Well they don’t know what it is.” I said back.

“People say ‘cheese’ when they take a photo because when you say ‘cheese’ a smile naturally forms.” Daehyun explained it for me.

‘Tsk~ acting all smart.’ I pouted.

“C-cheez-uh~?” Auntie tried saying it.

“Cheese” I showed as I smiled. After practicing for a bit we all finally got it.

“Ready?” Daehyun asked as we all huddled together.

“Yes!” We said in unison.

“Okay. 1-2-3 cheese~”

“Cheese!” We all said and Daehyun took the photo. Everyone then circled around the phone to see the photo.

“Amazing~” Uncle was still astonished by the technology.

“If only we could give a copy for you.” I was a bit disappointed.

“It’s okay, we saw it and we’ll remember it forever. Besides something like this shouldn’t be here.” Auntie said to me.

“Yes, if you leave an object from the future here then the next… future... world… is that right? How does it work?” Uncle was a bit confused when he spoke.

“We don’t really know either.” Daehyun and I shook our heads.

“Umm well the future would change. There could be a big war and civilization would be completely different.” Uncle said all dramatically.

“Abeoji, I think they know.” Himchan said

“Yes, we know. But we can leave the less technological stuff right?” I patted the rabbit doll that I gave to Mincha. She was holding onto it tightly.

“Well, perhaps.” Uncle  seemed alright with it.

“Unnie, here. Since something from the past won’t change the future right?” Mincha handed me a handkerchief.

“Oh thank you Mincha. Didn’t we do this together?” I asked her. I remember that this was the one she did when we were learning embroidery from Auntie together. She made a little pink flower near the corner.

“Yes” She nodded.

“Then here you keep mine.” I handed mines to her. We were both on the same level since I was my first time doing embroidery as well. I tried making a butterfly but it not that well done. We finally decided that it was the time to get ready to leave. Daehyun and I went to change back into our ‘future’ clothes and packed up. It was a while since I wore these clothes again. It felt a bit weird. Also looking at Daehyun dressed that way looked pretty funny. Green dress shirt, with a mixed jacket, and bleached spotted jeans… so not matching.

“I don’t know how long the trip would be so I made you some snacks.” Auntie handed it to us.

“Uh the trip doesn’t really take that long but finding it might be. Thank you Auntie.” Daehyun accepted the snacks. After giving everyone a hug and one last chat with each other we finally decided to leave before it get really dark since the sun was already setting. We both carried our suitcase and walked off.

“Good bye~” I waved to them as I walked away with Daehyun.

“Daehyun what if it doesn’t work?” Uncle asked us

“If it doesn’t work out we might have to come back and stay with you.” Daehyun giggled.

“Good bye~!”

“We’ll miss you!”

“We will too!”

“Take care~!” We kept on yelling to each other back and forth not wanting to leave. At last Daehyun and I turned away and walked down the rocky path. Right now no one was crying. Most of us had already cried earlier and so now it was just a heart warming good bye.

“What if it really doesn’t work?” I asked him

 “We can try again tomorrow and if it doesn’t work then we go to that crazy grandmother at the market and tell her it’s not working.” Daehyun said with a straight face.

“She didn’t even say it was this. We guessed it on our own.” I pouted. I wanted to look back but I didn’t know if I should.

“I..I want to look back.” I said softly

“Okay but if you do then just cry after wards. Both of my shoulders are available.” He said coolly.

“Whatever!” I pouted. I turned back and saw that they we already head back into the house except Mincha and Himchan. I gave them a big smile before turn back around. I really wanted to cry but I held it in.

‘It’s not something bad. We’re going back home. It’s all good!’ I reminded my self and smiled.

“Are you sad?” I asked him.

“Yeah, a bit but we made good memories together.” He said smiling.

“H-ha~ Do you still remember the day we came here? You were crying.” I giggled trying to lighten up

“I wasn’t crying. I was just... panicking.” Daehyun denied.

“On the verge of crying.” I giggled.

“We were asking, ‘Where are we’, ‘I want to go home’  and now… I want to stay here. It feels like a real home.” I said smiling remembering the past.

“We’ve changed a lot.” Daehyun said softly

“Mentally and physically look at you. You’re all tan and you’re hair has grown out quiet a bit.” I said glancing at his hair.

“You too. I can see the freckles on your cheeks.”

“Really?!” I was surprised. I quickly touched my cheeks and frowned.

“Don’t worry. It makes you look cute.” He said making me flustered

“How can freckles be cute?” I pouted

“On you they can.” He said making me turn away embarrassed.

‘If we get back would he confess to me again? Oh will he just wait for my answer’ I wondered. I peeked back and saw the house was no longer in sight because of the grass fields. I took a deep breath and thought of the future. I’ll be home, lying comfortable on my bed, talking to friends, getting manicures and pedicures, going shopping, eating cakes and ice cream… The old life once again. After thinking about it I kind of got sad. Just thinking how much the future has changed from the past. Family use to rely on each other so much in this time period but in the future we just... There’s a whole different type of communication and not… you know warm and natural.  I pushed that thought aside as we continued walking.

“So now what?” I asked Daehyun.

“I don’t know. Should we make a confession?”

“WHAT?!” I was surprised when he said that. He just looked at me confused.

“W-what kind of confession?” I stuttered.

“Confession of wanting to go home. What were you thinking?“ he asked me with a strange look.

“Could it be that you were…” He was smirking.

“W-what? I-I was just confused. Don’t! Stop looking at me like that. Stop smiling!” I shoved his face away from me.

“Seeing you this fluster you probably thought of ‘that~’” He giggled.

“Ah-hem~ I want to go home!’ I said loudly as my confession.

“Ayy~ you call that a confession? It’s like saying I want you Hyejin-ah~” He said making me flustered again.

“Yah, stop joking around!” I pushed him.

“I’m not joking. Anyways it’s so bland just hearing that I want you right? I need to explain myself.” He said unembarrassed.

“I want Kim Hyejin because she is-“

“YAH!!!” I exploded.

“Stop it. I get it already.” I said madly but in fact was very shy and embarrassed by his confession.

“Okay~” He giggled.

“I really want to go home because I miss my parents friends. My parents must be really worried about us and we don’t belong here so we have to get back home.” I said and waited but nothing happened.

“Ahh~ so embarrassing!” I hissed.

“Well that didn’t work. Try the ‘other’ confession.” He giggled.

“Other confes-…” I was flustered again.

“No comment.” I said and marched ahead. Just then a gust of wind blew right at us.

“Ahhh~!” I shrieked from the sudden strong wind.

“Hyejin!” Daehyun quickly went right over to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“What? It really worked?!” I shouted and I tried to anchor myself down to the ground and let the wind past us.

‘It happened just like this in the past’ I was a bit happy and still was a bit scared. Just then the wind stopped.

“Huhh~.” Daehyun sighed. I opened my eyes and  saw that it was back to normal.

“It’s over~” I sighed as well.

“It’s not over yet.  It barely started.” Daehyun said. He was right. We still had to find that big bubble. I then realized that he was hugging me.

“What are you doing?” I shoved him away.

“I was protecting you that’s what.” He said back madly.

“More like taking advantage- oh there it is.” I saw the big bubble ahead of us.” I quickly ran over to it with my suitcase.

“Wait Hyejin-ah~!” Daehyun whined as he followed me.

“Come on.” I said and unknowingly held out my hand.

“Now you want me to hold your hand?” He raised a brow at me. I just looked at my hand a bit embarrassed.

“It’s the real thing now.” I said trying to keep calm.

“Okay but don’t be calling it ual harassment later on.” He said holding my hand. I placed my suit case down when we were near the bubble. I raised a finger and was going to touch it. I looked over to Daehyun who was holding onto my hand tightly.

‘He’s scared isn’t he.’ I smiled. I took a deep breath and touched bubbled tightly.

“Woah~!” Just like before the bubble got bigger and us in immediately.

“AHHH! I really can’t go through this again!” Daehyun shouted as we were picked up from our feet.

“Oh? You’re scared of heights?!” I shouted with a smile.

“YES I AM! WHY ARE YOU SMILING LIKE THAT?! WE COULD DIE YOU KNOW!” He shouted and panicked.

“I LIKE THIS THOUGH! AHHH~!!” I yelled as I cling onto him.

“YOU LIKE THIS?!?!?! YOU”RE INSANE!” He shouted at the top of his lungs. I just hugged him tightly and closed my eyes. I do like amusement park rides but this… It was a bit scary since it’s not an entertainment ride. Our life depended on this. I was worried whether or not we would get back safely and correctly.  Just then the wind stopped and we realized that we were in mid air.

“NOT THIS AGAIN!” Daehyun and I quickly dropped down to the ground like magnets attracting to each other.


Finally they are going back!

Oh the next few chapters are going to be interesting~

Also a quick spoiler I guess.

This fanfic will be ending soon so if there's anything you want to tell me then go ahead. Ideas/anything is welcome.

Thanks for reading!