Daring Young Lady

Your Second Answer

 

Hyejin’s POV

After telling ajumma and ajusshi about what happened to Daehyun we all began thinking of a way to save him.

“It’s not as simple as you think. It’s not just his hair that's the problem. He’s also a stranger here. No one knows him and everyone thinks he’s a monster.” Ajusshi said softly.

“I’ll find a way.” I said and went into the room. I then looked for Daehyun’s phone and began looking through his pictures.

“Oh there’s Yongguk.” I was happy.

‘If I showed the magistrate this we might have a chance to save you. But….’ My hand gripped onto the phone tighter.

‘Would it affect the future?’ I was worried. I closed my eyes and began thinking for a bit.

“Okay I’ll do it.” I said confidently.

“Hey, Mincha doesn’t this person look like the magistrate’s son?” I showed Mincha.

“Oh yes. He looks just like him. Oh but he also has yellow hair like Daehyun.”

“Yes.” I then placed the phone in my sleeve and ran out of the house.

“U-unni, where are you going?” She asked me.

“I’m going to save Daehyun.” I said and ran down the road. I was going to run past Himchan when he grabbed onto my arm.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He said looking right into my eyes.

“What do you think?” I said back.

“Are you really going to tell them the truth?” He asked me

“The truth always wins does it not?” I said.

“I thought the rule was to keep it a secret in case of changing the future?” He said making me hesitate.

“As of now, saving a life is more important than a little change to the future.” I pulled my arm away and continued running down the path. I ran as fast as I could and finally reached in front of the gates. I stood there to catch my breath before stepping forward.

“I’m here to see the magistrate.” I said to the guards.

“You can’t, the magistrate is busy.” The guard said with a straight face.

“But I have to say something to him. My friends life is depending on it!” I said back. They didn’t give any reply back and just stood there ignoring me.

“When is the magistrate free?” I asked them.

 “The magistrate is always busy.” He answered shortly.

‘What do I do now?’ I said in my head. I then sat down on the floor.

“W-what do you think you are doing?” the guards were shocked.

“I will sit here until I see the magistrate.” I said.

“Are you crazy?”

“No I am not. I am desperate to meet the magistrate.” I said not looking at them.

“Miss, leave before we hit you.” The threatened.

“You would hit a girl?” I glared at him. He then looked over to the other guard. The both walked over to me and picked me up.

“What are you doing? How dare you touch a lady!?” I shouted. They then tossed me onto the ground.

“Ahhh!” I cried when my body collided to the hard ground.

“Hyejin! Are you okay?” Himchan helped me up.

“I’m fine.” I said sadly.

“I told you it wouldn’t work.” He said softly.

“I’ll find another way.” I dusted myself.

“You can do that tomorrow. It’s getting late and you haven’t even ate yet.”

“I’m.. not really hungry.” I said even though I was hungry.

“You must be really worried. I thought you said you hated Daehyun.” He said with a smile.

“No.. I mean I don’t hate him. I just don’t like him.” I wasn’t sure what to say.

“Isn’t that hate?” He raised a brow.

“No it’s not. They are totally different.” I said before looking back at the guards.

“Let’s go back.” Looking at them makes me feel annoyed. We then went back home together.

“If you had listened to me we would have wasted our time trying.” He said to me.

“At least I tried. Better than doing nothing at all.” I said back.

‘I’m not going to sit around and wait. If they’re not letting me in then I’ll climb in. I’m an expert in sneaking in and out.’ I said in my head. I then looked down at my hanbok.

‘These are too…’ I held out my arms  and looked at the skirt.

“These are not the right clothes.” I  said to myself softly.  I then glance over to Himchan.

‘His clothes seems fitted for the task.’ I smirked. When we got home I sneaked into Himchan’s room and ‘borrowed’ some of his clothes. After gathering everything I needed form him I went back into the room I was staying and hid them for now. I plan on leaving early morning so that I could leave by myself. I didn’t want Himchan coming along since it will be a burden. Also the more people the easier it is to get caught.

‘This plan cannot fail.’ I said in my head as I closed my eyes.

-the next morning-

I woke up early and went to change my clothes quietly.

‘This is my first time wearing men’s clothing. Cross-dressing?’ I wondered. On my way out ajumma saw me.

“H-Hejin.” She was surprised.

“Aju. I mean aunt.” I smiled. Ajumma sounded too old for her.

“I’m going to try to save Daehyun.” I said softly so that Mincha can continue sleeping.

“What? By yourself?” She asked.

“Yes. I plan on sneaking into the magistrates place.” I told her the truth.

“W-what? You can’t do that.” She was surprised as expected.

“You don’t have to worry I may look weak but I know how to fight.” I smiled.

“I’m not sure fighting would help you. If they caught you then you’ll also be put in jail. That place is filled with guards.”

“Aunt I will be careful so you don’t have to worry. Once I’m inside it will be finished in no time.” I gave her a reassuring smile.

“No I can’t let you go alone. I should tell Himchan to go with you.”

“No. I don’t want to drag him into this. This is Daehyun and my problem.”

“You are such a brave young lady.”

“Yes, I’m very daring.” I chuckled.

“Do you know how you’re going to convince the magistrate?” She asked me.

“Yes, I have something to show him that will perhaps help out a lot.”

“Okay, I’m going to have faith in you.” She finally smiled.

“Thank you aunt.”

“But I don’t think I’ll be able to stop Himchan from finding you. It’s been a short time since you're here but her worries for you a lot. If he knew that you went into there alone he will be so surprised.”

“I’ll finish it quickly and come back.” After talking to aunt I started to head off. It was still pretty early but I believe most of the people are starting to wake up. I sneaked to the back wall of the magistrate’s place where no one was around.

“So glad that they didn’t make walls high back then.” I said to myself as I climbed up the tree. I grabbed onto the branch and pulled myself up.

‘This is just like the historic dramas.’ I smiled. When I jumped down I landed right in front of someone who walk out from behind the tree.

“Oh!” I fell backwards on my . I looked up and saw it was the person that looked like Yongguk.

‘Aish so embarrassing.’ I said in my head.

“You!” I hissed as I got up.

“Have we met?” He said before skimming my body.

“You are a lady?” He asked me.

‘Is it not obvious?’ I looked down to my chest.

“Uh, yes. And we met for a bit yesterday. Uhhh, about what’s going on right now. You can just pretend you didn’t see me. I’m in a rush so please excuse me.” I said before  looking around. I walked along side with the wall to see where I should go.

“I then looked back to see the Yongguk doppelganger looking at me.

“Oh I have one question. Do you have a younger brother?” I asked him.

“No I don’t”

“Ah. How about older twin?” I asked. I was curious if he was exactly the same as Yongguk.

“I thought you said you only had one question?” He said back.

“Fine, don’t answer than! It’s not like I needed to know.” I turned away.

‘This place is so big. It’ll take a while to search it all.’ I sighed.

Based off of my knowledge the main house should be upfront and in the center.’ I said in my head.

“No I don’t have a twin.” He said making me stop and look at him.

“Okay.” I said shortly.

“In return may I ask you two questions.”

“No you may not. I am very busy!” I said as I looked around.

“Why are you here?”

“I thought I said no questions.” I said softly.  I then remembered that he was the magistrate’s son. I let out a smirk.

“Aish Idiot.” I hit myself in the head.

“You! In return for the answer you will have to take me to the magistrate. Will you take the offer?” I asked him

“Depends on your answer first.” He was being annoying.

“Your answer is either a yes or a no.” I said back.

“You seem like a nice person so I will say yes.” He said back. I then let out a smirk.

“Okay well here’s my answer.” I took a step towards him.

“I’m here to see the magistrate.” I smirked after the whisper. He then chuckled.

“I’ve been fooled haven’t I?” I laughed.

“Keep your promise.” I said and took a few steps back into the shade.

“Of course. It’s this way.” He actually led me the way.

‘Is he really taking me to his father just like that?’ I wondered. Guards we walking by so I quickly hid behind the wall.

‘Does he not know that I’m an outsider? If I get caught they’ll toss me in jail. Is that his plan?’ I said in my head madly. After the guards had walked by I then continued following him.

“Do you trust me?” I asked him.

“Yes.” He said casually without much thinking.

“Or perhaps you’re trying to make me get caught and toss me out?” I asked.

“You don’t seem like a bad person so whatever you need to do must have a good reason.” He said making me surprise.

“You don’t have to hide just think that you are my guest.” He said making me more surprised.

“You are too nice.” I said as I looked at the back of his head.

“And you are very daring; coming in here all by yourself.”

“I learned some martial arts when I was younger so I’m not an easy person.” I said back.

“For lady you know how to fight?”

“Of course.” I said proudly. The place then got quiet.

“Umm. If you are still curious then I’ll tell you more. I’m here because I need to save a friend.” I said feeling a bit bad since he was so kind to me.

“If he hadn’t done anything wrong that I believe my father would spare him.” He said proudly.

‘I just hope his father isn’t the type that’s evil in the inside like in the dramas.’ I said in my head.

“He should be in here. I’ll go in first.” He said and walked up to the door. I then saw some workers looking at me. The nervousness then hit me.

“Father. May I come in?” He asked. When the door opened I walked inside right behind him. As he walked in further to talk to his father I waited by the door.

“Father, there’s someone that wants to talk to you.”

“Who is it?”

“I’m not so sure.” He said before looking over to me. I then walked forward to see him

“Good morning magistrate.” I gave a big bow.

“Oh! Who are you?” He asked me.