Theres a Good and a Bad

Your Second Answer

 

Hyejin’s POV

“Why don’t the four of you go to the market?’ ajumma asked us when we finished breakfast.

“Yay!” I said jumped happily.

“Oh Hyejin, you should jump in this. It might slip off.” Ajumma said to me.

“Ah~ I forgot.” I pulled the hanbok up.

“Tsk, so unladylike.” I heard Daehyun said behind me. I turned around and glared at him. He quickly dodged me eyes and looked over to ajumma.

“That’s a good idea. I wanted some fresh air.” Daehyun said and walked away.

“Hmph, at least your scared of me.” I said softly.

“It’s safer to stay here kid.” Ajusshi said to him.

“Why? I want to go see what’s out there!” Daehyun said back.

“If you get caught by the villagers. Don’t be crying, got it?” Ajusshi said not caring.

“Okay, I won’t be begging for you help.” Daehyun began wrapping his head with a piece of cloth.

“Ha-ha. What are you doing? You looked as if you fell down the stairs and hit your head.” I giggled.

“Yah I need to do something to cover this up! The hat only covers the top!” He pointed to his head. After finishing wrapping he put on the hat.

“Ajumma, do you need us to buy anything for you?” I asked her.

“No it’s fine. I’m going to go to the market later myself for the foods.”

“Oh, so we’re just going first for the clothes?” I said.

“Yes, also you two wanted to go see the market so just take your time looking around.” She smiled.

“Umma, appa, we’ll be leaving now. We’ll be back soon.” Mincha shouted and was leaving already.

“Mincha, wait for me!” I ran to here.

“Hyejin, be careful!” She shouted to me.

“Have a safe trip children,” ajumma said to all of us.

“Himchan, you’re the eldest, take care of them.” I heard her say to Himchan.

“Why is he our babysitter?” Daehyun pouted.

“At least he’s more reliable than you.” I hissed at him.

“Why do you have to say something back to bite me?” Daehyun asked me.

“I don’t know~” I turned away.

“Daehyun oppa, you really handsome.” Mincha said to him. I turned around and stared at them.

‘Is she serious?’ I asking in my head.

“Oh, thanks Mincha. Sure have the right taste.” Daehyun smiled and stared at me.

“Don’t get to happy, she’s just a child!” I said back.

“Let’s go.” Himchan led the way. We left the house and walked down the path beside the fields. I walked right next to Himchan and Mincha was walking next to Daehyun.

‘Does she like him or something?’ I wondered.

‘She must not know him very well. I prefer someone way better.’ I said in my head as I looked at Himchan.

‘Someone like Himchan is okay. He’s kindof strict at times but that’s because we’re from different time periods.’ I continued thinking.

“Do I have something on my face?” Himchan asked me making me snap out of it.

“Uh. N-no. so how far is the market?” I asked him.

“It’s just pass that hill over there.” Himchan pointed.

“Oh and is that a village?” I asked him. Here seems to be an area with houses clustered together.

“Yes, that’s one of the nearest village to us.”

“Excuse me Himchan but why is your house separated from the village.

“It’s because the house was passed down each generation and the field belong to our family so we have to live there. It’s not that far from the village and market.” Himchan explained.

“Oh, I have another question.” I raised my hand as if I was in class. It’s a habit of mines.

“Do you know martial arts? Like swinging your sword like a professional?” I asked him. He let out a giggled which surprised me.

“I know how to use it but I wasn’t taught how to use it.” He said to me.

“Then how did you learn it?” I asked him since I was curious.

“With my eyes, ears, body, and mind.” He gave me an answer I wasn’t expecting.

“Guess you don’t want to tell me since you gave me that answer.” I pouted.

“Here Mincha for you.” I heard Daehyun behind me. I turned around and saw Daehyun holding a small flower.

“Thanks Daehyun oppa.” She accepted it happily.

“Psh” I looked away.

‘Flirting with a little girl, so not cool.’ I said unconsciously.

‘Although it’s kindof cute.’ I changed my thought.

“I wonder what it’s going to be like. Will it be just like the movie?” I said excited.

“Most likely. I mean the movies need to use some kind of reference.” Daehyun said.

“I guess so but maybe this market might be different.” I was anxious.

“It’s really crowd at the market and they sell all sorts of things. It’s always fun going to the market.” Mincha said to me. We are now near the village and passed the hill.

“Oh we’re here!” My eyes widen at the sight. There were stalls on each side with people walking up and down the street.

 “Woah, it’s just like the movies Daehyun.” I was so excited that I was holding onto him. I looked over to Daehyun who was staring at me.

‘Ah, why am I being so close to him when all he does is make me mad.’ I said in my head as I let go of him.

“Mincha, let’s go look around.” I went ahead as I dragged her along.

“Mincha, be careful, it’s your first time here.” Himchan said tome.

“Oppa, I’ll take care of her.” Mincha said proudly. I raised a brow at her and smiled.

“Yes, I’ll listen to her.” I nodded. After Himchan gave us a nod the two of us ran down the street of the market. Just about everything was there just like those historical dramas. There was foods, snacks, tools, accessories, and all sorts of things.

“Oh, it’s makeup. Oh is this candy? Hand-made handkerchiefs.” I saw so many things.

“Oh, hair pins.” I ran over with Mincha.

“Oh, Mincha you’re out shopping  today. Who is this pretty young lady with you?” The ajumma said looking at me. Mincha turned to me  and I gave her a nod meaning I’ll take care of it.

“Hello, my name is Kim Hyejin. I’m a distant cousin of Mincha and I arrived here yesterday. I’m going to be staying here for a while so I hope you get to know you better.” I said as politely as possible.

“Ahh~ So pretty and polite. An almost perfect young lady I would say. Would you like to buy anything?”

“They’re so pretty. What do you think Mincha?” I showed her one.

“Yes. Oh this one would look great on unnie.” She smiled.

“Perhaps but I like pink more.” I picked up another one.

“Oh young lady why are your nails yellow?” The ajumma asked me.

“Huh? Oh uh.” I retreated my hand.

“They’re yellow because… I painted them. I made this kind of paint at home and it’s for the nails.” I lied.

“Ah, but why would you want to paint you nails? It is a pretty color though.” She stared at my nails.

“I just wanted to try something new.” I giggled. I then changed the topic quickly.

“Oh, the hair pins are so pretty but I didn’t bring any money. Himchan-sshi has all the money.” I slowly glance over to Himchan who was at the stall beside us.

“Himchan, do you have any feelings for Hyejin? She’s so pretty and she’s around your age too.” Ajumma asked him.

“I only see her as a family member.” He said coldly.

“Just a family member?” She asked him.

“Like a sister.” He answered.

“Then buy both of your sisters a present. I’ll give you a discount.” Ajumma said to him.

“Sorry ajumma, I only brought enough to buy the things that we needed.” He said.

“Ehh there should be extra money.” Ajumma was trying to convince him.

‘Actually I shouldn’t be buying things since I don’t have money. I’m so used to buying whatever I want’ I pouted.

“It’s fine ajumma, we’ll come by and buy it next time.” I placed the hairpin down.

“And who is this person?” She pointed to Daehyun.

“He’s her brother.” Himchan told her.

‘I don’t want to have a brother like him.’ I said in my head.

“Hello, I’m Ju- Kim Daehyun.” Daehyun greeted the ajumma.

“You two don’t look much alike. But the strange thing is that you two look different than the people here.” She said getting suspicious.

“They’re from a far away place so they may seem a bit different.” Himchan explained.

‘If she blows our cover, I don’t know what will happen to us.’ I said in my head.

 “Uh. Let’s go buy some clothing.” I walked away quickly before she get’s even more curious and something bad happens. We then walked by some food stalls and I could keep my eyes off of them.

‘I should probably find a job and earn some money before going back to the future. Well if we do go back anyways. I want to try everything here and perhaps get a souvenir.’ I said in my head.

“Hello.” Himchan shouted into a house.

“Yes, just come in.” We heard a voice.

“Good morning, I’ve brought some of my relative here to buy some clothing can you measure them?”

“Of course, send them in.” I heard her. Himchan then called both Daehyun and I inside.

“Hello.” I greeted her.

“Hello.” Daehyun came in after.

“A young lady and a young man.” The lady looked at us.

“Yes, he’s the same age as me but our bodies are different. Each of them would need about 3 pairs.” Himchan said.

“It’s okay. I’ll take their measurements and then make their clothing right away. It’ll be done in 3 days.”

“Oh excuse me but do you have any that’s already made that could possibly fit us?” I asked her.

“No  I don’t have any. Each person’s body is different therefore it has to be specially made to fit you body. The hanbok you are wear is too big making it look al loose on your body.” She said politely.

“Oh then we’re sorry to bother you.” I gave a small bow.

“This is my job, now who should I measure first?” She asked us.

“Measure Daehyun first so that we can go see the market.” Mincha said out loud.

“Just you two?” Himchan asked her.

“Yes, I know my way around.” She smiled. After the lady measured Daehyun’s body Mincha quickly got up and left with him.

‘She must really like him.’ I said in my head once again.

“Young lady you’re next.” She uses a rope to measure my body.

“Miss Hyejin, You’re not from around here are you?” She said making me surprised.

‘Does she know the truth?’ I was surprised.

“I’ve never seen you around before.” She continue.

“Ah, yes. My brother and I are from a far away place. The man you just saw now was him.” I said awkwardly.

“No wonder. Why would you come to this small village?” She asked.

“We’re visiting our family members. Uh, Himchan-sshi and his family.” I said politely.

‘Always to add -sshi at the end of someone’s name’ I reminded myself. After getting measured we were about to leave when we heard shouting.

“Himchan oppa! Hyejin unnie!” We heard a familiar voice shouting. We looked outside and saw Mincha running with a scared face.

“What is it Mincha?” Himchan dashed over to her worried.

“D-Daehyun oppa…” She was out of breath.

“What happened to him?” Himchan asked as he looked down the street.

“The constables took Daehyun away saying that he’s a monster!” She shouted on the brim of crying.

“WHAT?!’ both Himchan and I were shocked.