Accepting it

Your Second Answer

Blue words = English

Hyejin’s POV

When we got back the two of us didn’t even spoke to each other and we barely had a glimpse of each other because we felt so awkward. Everyone was worried for us but since we’re back safe and sound they were happy. We just went and washed up before going to bed as if nothing had happened. It’s not like I have never been proposed to before but this time it’s really awkward. There’s this feeling inside of me that keeps on lingering. I don’t know about him but I couldn’t sleep last night. I did eventually because I was so tired but it felt so short and made me even more tired in the morning. I woke up along with Mincha and Auntie. I got up and did the same thing like every morning for the past weeks.

‘Has it been a month yet?’ I always wondered. At first time seems to be going by slowly but not time just flies by. Maybe because I’m actually doing something now instead of just lying around doing nothing but shopping, eating, and squeezing in school. Anyways morning came and we ended up seeing each other again. How awkward… I still couldn’t believe that he actually confessed to me. And so I decided to call him out and have a talk even though I didn’t want to. It was more like I had to, to get things straight.

“Daehyun, I want to have talk with you.” I said to him softly before walking to silent area of the house.

“I haven’t heard your voice all morning and now you just pop up and say you want to have a talk with me. Should I be worried?” He said making me roll my eyes.

“You sure are talkative this morning. Save it for later.” I said as I continued walking outside. When we arrived in a quiet in the back of the house we stopped and faced each other so that we could talk.

“Huh, let’s talk in English. I don’t want the others hearing.” I suggested

“Wouldn’t that cause a bigger scene?” He asked me

-English –

“No” I said and crossed my arms.

“Alright then. What is it that you wanted to talk about?” He asked me

“Do you really like me?” I asked him

“Yes.” He said without hesitant.

“Are you okay? Are you crazy? Are you out of your mind?” I was panicking

“What? Is it wrong you love someone?” He smiled

“But ME. Why me?” I asked

“Because... it’s you.” He said softly which made my heart skip a beat.

“Just what do you like about me?” I asked him a bit curious. I mean all I know is that many guys don’t like once they get to know me. I don’t blame them but I don’t like them either.

“You’re beautiful.” He smirked.

“Ha-ha~ that’s what all guys think before knowing me.” I said in sarcastic voice.

“Well that’s not the only thing about you. You’re also kind, loving, brave, and fun to be with. You may cause trouble but it’s fine for me. A little bit of a short temper but I can handle it. Did you understand everything I said?” He smirked at me

“Yes. Are you trying to imply that I’m stupid?” I was surprised by his question.

“No, you’re smart. That’s another good side.” He said happily.

“Tsk~” shoved him.

“Strong too.” He giggled.

“Oh shut up. You are so cheesy.” I hissed.

“What? You don’t like it?” He raises a brow.

“No I don’t. Okay?” I said without thinking. Maybe I do like it but it’s just too awkward to accept it.

“Anyways to sum everything up… I enjoy being with you.”

“Well that’s because we’re stuck together in this time period.”

“Maybe but it just makes it even better.”

“You just think we’re going to stay here for a long time and just need companionship. We’ll get back soon and if we don’t... not saying that we wont. Please don’t be a jinx. But there are many young ladies out there for you. You don’t have to chose me.” I said quickly without even thinking much about it.

“What do you think I a player? I said I like YOU. I enjoy being with you.”

“We haven’t even done much together.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Well what makes you say that we’ve done a lot together?” I asked back at him.

“We have though. From when we were little, to the time we met at that café, and arriving here. A lot of things had happen and I remember every single bit. Can’t say that they were all happy times but it was memorable.” He said making me speechless.

“Really?” I was a bit taken back.

“You’re just denying everything because you don’t know how I feel aren’t you?” He said making me even more speechless.

“Uhh..”

“All your little actions make me feel happy. We have this bond that maybe you don’t see it but I do. If it’s not love then what is?” He said touchingly.

“Huhh~” I sighed and bit down on my bottom lip as I began to think.

“Huh~. What if I said I liked Yongguk?” I asked him. I don’t know why but I wanted to see how he would answer my questions.

“Then he is my rival.”

“Really?” I widen my eyes.

‘Would he really go against his older brother?’ I wondered.

“Yes.”

“What if I said that I only like you as an older brother?” I asked him another question.

“Then I will do whatever it takes to make you change your mind.” Said confidently.

‘Would that be a good answer?’ I wondered.

“Are you that persistent?” I asked him.

“Yes. Can’t you consider that a good point about me?”

“Good points…. You’re too talkative. Especially for having a sensitive throat.” I said back to him

“Because it’s you I’m talking to.”

“Tsk~ again with the cheesiness.” I was flustered in a mad and shy way.

“I really like you Hyejin. I wish you would accept my feelings.” He said softly.

‘What should I say? I-I think I like him too.’ I said in my head.

“What are you two talking about?” We heard a voice. I turned around and saw Mincha peeked out at us.

“Uhh, nothing Mincha. How long were you there?” I asked her.

“I’ve been here for a while. What kind of language was that?” She asked me with a big smile.

“Umm it was English, y-you don’t have to know.” I said to her.

“Oppa, what did you two talk about?” She asked Daehyun sweetly.

“You don’t have to know Mincha. It’s… between the two of us.” Daehyun looked at me. I blushed a bit from nervousness.

“Come on let’s go eat breakfast.” Daehyun pushed her out.

“But breakfast isn’t ready yet.” She said back.

“Well we’ll go and help.” He said before looking back at me.

“What?” I asked him

“So you’re answer?” He asked me in English.

“A-answer?...” I panicked.

“I-I’ll tell you when we get back home.” I smiled nervously.

“Well I can’t wait to get back home.” He giggled.

“Why are you two talking so secretive? I want to know.” She insisted.

“It’s nothing concerning you Mincha. P-Perhaps later I could teach you a word or two in English.” I tried bribing her.

“Yes, please. I want to learn this English language. It sounds so fascinating.” She giggled.

“Okay I’ll teach you later.” I said as we walked into the house.

‘Oh why did I say that to him? Will I be able to answer him then? What will the two of us be right now then? Friends? Soon to be dating?’ I wondered. Afterwards we all helped out preparing breakfast. That talk between the two of us made somewhat of a difference. I now was not that frustrated and confused. I-I actually felt happy that someone... well he likes me and doesn’t think bad of me. Not so sure about loving me but I felt lighter after seeing how faithful he was to me.

‘You know what it might not be bad to date him.’ I said in my head as I watched him eating.

“Hyejin. Why do you keep on looking at Daehyun like that?” Aunt asked me

“Huh? Oh nothing. You’re hair is really growing out fast.” I said something quickly.

‘Soon to be a doctor, kind, looks after others, doesn’t look that bad, and is pretty faithful. We could try dating.’ I thought positively.

“What are you thinking about?” Daehyun asked me making me snap out of my thoughts.

“Umm just thinking that we should go for a stroll around the village after eating. I-it’s been a while since we’ve taken a look around.

“Can I go too?” Mincha asked.

“Of course. We should all go. It could be a date for your parents.” I said. They all just looked at me confused except Daehyun who smiled widely.

“What’s a date?” Himchan asked me.

“Oh a date is when two people who love each other go out and have fun.” I tried explaining.

“So unnie. You’re suggesting… they should go out and have fun together?” Mincha looked at her parents with a big grin.

“Oh stop it. We’re too old to act like a young couple.” Auntie said to us.

“It doesn’t seem like a bad idea.” Uncle said making auntie surprised. As planned we all went for a walk in the village. I didn’t know what happened but we ended up splitting in pairs and I ended up with Daehyun.

“I think you purposely planned on sticking to me.” I said to Daehyun softly.

“I didn’t plan it. It just went the way I wanted it.” He giggled.

“Yeah right.” I sneered.

“Daehyun do you living in this period or our own?” I asked him.

“Call me oppa and I’ll answer you.”

“It’s not like I needed an answer.” I said as I looked elsewhere.

‘Want me to call you oppa. Please~ don’t even think about it. I’ll call you oppa whenever I want to.’ I said in my head.

“Fine, of course I like our time period better but here it’s fine. A bit dusty but the people are really friendly and interactive.

“I completely agree.” I said back. We continued walking down the path and passed by little house. You know those little cozy homes with big families. You would never feel lonely living here. We were walking past a household with a grandma sitting at the porch when she stared at us.

“You two..” She said looking at Daehyun and I.

“Us?” I was surprised.

“Yes you two.” She called us over to her.

“Yes ajumma?” I asked her. Daehyun elbowed me.

“Uh, halmoni.” I said formally.

“… has brought you two together.”

“What did she say?” I asked Daehyun. Her accent was very thick and so I couldn’t grasp onto what she was saying.

“She said fate has brought us together.” Daehyun said happily.

“Is that what she really said?” I doubted him.

“Yes”

“Halmoni, you have very good eyes.” Daehyun said to her.

“You two don’t belong here. You must go back home.”

“Oh halmoni, how did you know?” that sentence I understood.

“I can see it all. Now you must go home.” She said again

“We would like to go back home but we can’t” Daehyun said to her.

“You two are never going to go back home if you don’t try hard enough. You must have the will. The passion-”

“Oh my, I am so sorry my grandmother is getting really old. She is talking nonsense. I’m sorry.” A lady came out and pulled her grandmother inside.

“Y-you two. You must go home. The appearance… the way back.” She shouted before going inside.

“Well she does make some sense.” Daehyun said to me.

“But what did she say at the end. S-something about appearance?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe she is a bit not in the right mind.”

“Who knows she might have psychic powers and could show us the way back?” I smirked.

“If that’s the case then I would like to have a word with her.” Daehyun said all formally.

“That or your can try to figure out what she said.”

“Even better. I know it has something to do with our appearance.”

“Well good luck with that.”

“Why don’t you help me? Don’t you want to go back home?” He asked me.

‘I do but that means I have to give you an answer.’ I said in my head.

“I’ll suggest whatever I can think of.” I said as I wandered off ahead of him.