The Encounter With A Stranger

Your Second Answer

 

Hyejin’s POV

“Aigoo~ my back is so stiff.” I groaned as I stretched my limbs.

“We’ve only been on the plane for a few hours and yet you’re already complaining.” Appa shook his head at me.

“I-I’m not complaining I’m just saying how I am feeling right now.” I said back softly.

“Why do you always talk back?” Appa stared at me with wide eyes.

“I’m sorry appa.” I kept my head down.

“Honey, at least her future husband won’t pick on her.” Umma said to him.

“I’m just scared it’s the other way around, then I don’t know how to face the other family.” Appa shook his head. When we exited the airport the van that we rented was already there waiting for us. It then took us to the place where we were going to stay at. We took off in the unfamiliar street I was amazed by so many store and restaurant on the streets and I really want to go take a look but appa seems like he wants to get there as soon as possible.

“Huhhh~” I let out a sigh.

‘Wait for me my stores, I’ll come back later.’ I said in my head as I look outside sadly.

“Oh, such pretty clothes!” I was eager to go shopping now. My eyes didn’t want to look away from such beautiful clothes on the mannequin in the glass window.

“Umma, appa, can I go take a look around~?” I pleaded them. I could suppress my shopping temptation.

“We’re almost there, just wait for a little bit.” Appa said to me.

“Honey, why don’t we stop for a break I’m kind of thirsty too.” Umma helped me out.

“Ah, these two mother and daughter. Alright but hurry up.” He sighed before talking to the driver.

“Thanks umma~” I mouthed to her secretly. Umma, appa, and the workers stayed at a restaurant and I went on a shopping expedition. I quickly went back to the previous store and bought some clothes.

“Not bad, I was able to buy 3 shirts and a dress.” I said happily as I swung the shopping bags by my sides. When I felt that it was long enough shopping I started heading back before appa yelled at me again. I couldn’t help but get distracted by this lovely café at the corner so I went to take a look. When I walked into the café it was very crowded and noisy. I really don’t like people pushing me or even just get close to me, it gets too stuffy. I still insisted in going in to see what they have that captured such a large crowd. Just then a guy blonde hair walked by and step on my foot.

“Ah~! What was that~?!” I shouted but the person just continued walking away without saying sorry.

‘What kind of person is that?’ I said madly as I hopped on one foot because the other was in slight pain. I accidently bumped into another person in which I apologized to like a polite person. One of the things that I dislike is people who don’t apologize after doing something wrong. I decided that I should go tell him since maybe he didn’t know. I was not hard finding someone with blonde hair. I saw that he was now sitting down at a small table reading a book. I began approaching him with plans of yelling at him but since I don’t know him I shouldn’t.

“Excuse me, but you stepped on my foot and dirtied my shoe!” I yelled at him.

“I already apologized” He said not looking at me.

“When did you apologized?” I was surprised.

“Just a while ago, you just didn’t hear it.” He said taking a sip of his warm drink since I saw steam coming up from it.

“Can you say it again this time louder so that I can hear you?” I asked to him. I guess my temper wasn’t that great right at this moment since I’ve been sitting on the plane all morning.

“Nope, there’s no reason for me to apologize twice.” He was so stubborn.

‘Ah, what’s with him? Can’t he just say it once more? What a stingy guy!’ I shouted in my head.

“What kind of man are you, stepping on a girls feet?!” I slammed his book down on the table so that he can look at me when he’s talking. He finally looked up to me this time.

“You were in my way and it was an accident, plus I apologized already. What kind of woman are you, rudely interrupting someone who is concentrated on reading their book?” He said pulling his book out from under my hand and continued reading.

“Rude?” I was surprised that he ended up yelling back at me.

“What kind of person are you?!” I said under my breath. I was going to continue arguing back but then I began thinking.

‘Hmmm, I should get back at you somehow rather than just having an argument.’ I thought. I glanced to see that he was almost done with his drink. A lovely plan popped into my mind right at that moment.

“Humph~” I hissed as I turned away from him. I glared at his back as I walked away and sat down at another table.

‘Don’t think that I’m done with you.’ I said in my head.

“Excuse me.” I called out to the waitress.

“Yes?”

“Can I get the same thing that he is drinking?” I whispered to her.

“That would be milk tea correct?” She said to me.

“Uh yeah.” I said not caring. I sat there and waited for the drink.

‘Such an arrogant guy, I have to teach him a lesson.’ I said in my head.

“Here you go miss.” She placed the hot cup of milk tea down on the table in front of me.

“Thank you~” I smirked.

“Oh I’ll pay for it now.” I said taking my wallet out of my purse.

‘I’m going to leave right after I’m done with him.’ I said in my head. After paying for the drink I continued on with my plan.

‘I should go redeem myself for yelling at him earlier.’ I said in my head as I smirked.

‘Of course it needs a bit more sincerity.’ I thought as I reached for the saltshaker. I began pouring a load of salt into the cup. Afterwards I mixed everything up nicely and cleaned all the evidence. I got up from my seat with the drink as I headed over to him. I also grabbed my shopping backs too so don’t have to turn back later.

“Ah-hem~” I cleared my throat as I stood beside him. He actually looked at me without me forcing him.

“About early, I guess I was a bit demanding.” I said as if I mean it.

“A bit?” he raised an eyebrow

‘Aish~ just listen when I’m talking.’ I shouted in my head.

“Kind of demanding, okay?” I said with a force smile. He just looked at me with a non-expressional face.

“And well I want to apologize with this cup of milk tea. Y-you finished yours.” I said pointing to the empty cup in front of him as I gave an angelic smile.

“No thanks, you can drink it yourself miss.” He said turning away.

“Come on, just drink it so that I feel more at ease. I was bothering your reading earlier so I feel bad.” I lied

“You’re bothering me right now miss.” He said not looking at me.

‘What do I have to do to make you drink this?!’ I wanted to shout.

“Fine I will keep on bothering you until you drink this.” I said setting the cup down in front of him as I stood there.

“Why are you so demanding? I’ll accept your apology now leave me alone.” He said as he turned the page of his book.

“That is how I was raised okay, and no you have to drink this!” I said back. I stood there for a while and he still didn’t bother drinking it.

‘Maybe I should give up.’ I said in my head. His hand then reached out for the cup.

‘Yes, go ahead and drink it.’ I smiled as I waited. He brought the cup up to his lips and tilted it making the tea flow into his mouth. Within that second he quick jerked forward as he spat the warm tea out.

“Hahaha~!” I laughed out loud. That look on his face was priceless.

‘Oh~ you should have drank more.’ I said in my head as I covered my mouth to muffle my laughing.

“You!” He shot up from his chair before grabbing a bunch of paper towels and wiped his mouth as well as his tongue to get rid of the salty taste. I could tell that he was really mad but all I cared was that I got my revenge and that is it.

“What? You surprised. Did you really think I would redeem myself?” I giggled.

“Do you know that my throat is very delicate?! How could you make me drink this?!” He said in a hoarse voice and a sour face.

“No I don’t, and I don’t need to know. It was your fault for not apologizing when I asked you to! Bye-bye.” I said walking away happily.

“Yah you, where do you think you’re going?!” He shouted in a horsy voice.

‘I don’t have to listen to you. You should just take care of that ‘delicate’ throat of yours’ I thought as I continued to the exit.

“Waitress, can you get me a glass of water?!” I heard him shout before going outside.

“Let’s just hope I wont see him again” I said out loud as I walked back to the restaurant that umma and appa were waiting at.
“So what did you buy this time~?” Appa asked un-amused.

“Just a couple of shirts and a dress.” I answered but I think it was a rhetorical question since he didn’t really paid attention to me when I answered.

“How much clothes do you need? Although we have money, you shouldn’t just go buy everything you want.” He gave me the lecture again.

“Honey, she’s a girl and girls love to go shopping.” Umma said helping me.

“I actually didn’t buy a lot this time appa. There could have been more but I stopped and came back. And appa, look I bought this tie for you. When I saw it I knew that it would suit appa perfectly.” I said taking it out of the shopping bag and showing it to him.

‘I knew he was going to give me a lecture so I bought him something to soothe him’ I said in my head.

“It’s lovely dear. Honey our daughter is very thoughtful to you.” Umma said happily.

“I’ll let it slide this time since you bought something for me.” He said happily as he held the box with the tie inside.

“But~… does purple really suit me?” Appa said holding it up in front of him.

“Yes, appa very much. It’s also the latest color trend.” I smiled. Our family then went back into the van to continue our way to the destination.

“Oh appa, are we staying a resort or a hotel?” I forgot to ask him before.

“Uhhh~, resort.” He said after a long trail of thought.

‘What was there to think about?’ I wondered. When we arrived at the huge resort I saw that it was huge. I was kind of confused since there were cars and workers around.

‘Did appa made arrangement before hand with all these workers?’ I wondered. When the van parked in front of the resort we all got down and was greeted by the workers.

 “Hello Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, and Miss Hyejin. We welcome you to this resort” I believe he was one of the butlers that worked here.

“Our boss is currently busy right now so they told me to the guest to their rooms first.” He said to us in a low voice.

‘He’s pretty good looking.’ I thought trying to take a better view of his face but then I realize what he had said.

‘Our boss is currently busy?’ I repeated in my head.

“Wait umma, this resort belongs to someone else?” I asked umma softly.

“Yes darling. We didn’t tell you beforehand because we were scared that you didn’t agree to it.” She said to me.

‘Of course I won’t agree! We have enough money to have our own resort!’ I wanted to tell her that but I didn’t.

“This way to the rooms.” The worker said and walked into the house.

‘I hope nothing else surprised me.’ I said in my head. We made our way into the house but then he stopped us abruptly.

“You your comfort, you can change into these indoor slippers.” He said as the maids places slippers in front of us.

“Oh, thank you.” I said to the maid. She just gave me a smile and a small nod before stepping aside with the other. We then continued inside the house and up the stairs.

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim, this will be your room.” He said to us.

“The young lady’s room will be this one over here.” He pointed to the room across from my parent’s room.

“Our boss’s rooms are located on the other side of this hallway in the west wing.” He said

“Thank you, you are such a kind handsome worker.” Umma said as she went in her room with a big smile. Appa just followed after her followed by two butlers carrying their suitcase.

“Thank you.” I said as I went inside the room. The room was pure white from the desks to the curtains.

“Ohh~ maybe I should design my room like this next time.” I said to myself. I walked over to the glass wall and saw that my room was facing the blue ocean. It was very pretty and soothing.

~knock- knock~ there was a knock on the door. I went over and opened it to the butler from before with my suitcase.

“Miss Hyejin, your suitcase.” He said.

“Oh thank you.” I said as I carried the suitcase inside the room.

“Would you like a maid to help unpack your suitcase?” He asked.

“Uh no it’s fine, I better if I do it so that I’ll know where everything is.” I said back.

“Then is there anything else that you need?” He asked me before smiling.

“No, I don’t need anything right now. Umm can I ask for your name?” I asked him.

“My name is unworthy for you to cal. Just call me Gum-smile Butler.” He said before giving me his gum-smile.

“You really do have a gum-smile.” I giggled.

“If you need anything I will be out here. Please take you time getting use to the room.” He said giving me a small bow.

“Okay.” I said before closing the door.

“Gum-smile Butler sure has a sweet mouth.” I smiled. I then dragged my suitcase over beside the bed and began unpacking. Once I was done I decided to take a quick shower since I wanted to see the rest of this house. I changed into a pair of fresh new clothes and went out to the hallway to see that there were only some maids.

‘I thought he said he will be waiting out here?’ I wondered before giving a frown. I decided to go visit my parent’s room. I knocked on their door before entering freely.

“Ohhh~ this room is nice too~” I looked around at the white room with hints of different shades of gray.

“This place is lovely. Does your room satisfy your taste?” Umma asked me.

“Yes, it’s very pretty and pure white.” I said walking over to their glass wall to see that it was facing the sandy beach.

“Once appa is finished showering we can head downstairs and greet the other’s family.” Umma said to me.

“Who is appa’s friend?” I pouted.

“You’ve met him when you were young so you probably don’t remember him. Mr. Jung, his name rings a bell?” Umma asked me.


 

Gum-smile Butler? Hmm who could that person be??? Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading the first chapter. I hope you will continue supporting.