The Past

I'm Loving You

    Maybe she was going to wake up, but with the brain, you never know. Jiyong never expected to feel this attatched to anyone, after Dara. He thought that he would only ever trust s, he thought that he wouldn't pay attention to anything else. When did this girl enter his world? He was supposed to the the cold-hearted man, the one people would stay away from, but he couldn't stay away from this sleeping girl.

     "Appa..." Sohee whispered again and again. It was going on for about thirty minutes. He didn't know what to do, and his doctor said that anything that had to do with the brain wasn't normal. Everything would work out on it's own right?

     "Yah, Ahn Sohee, wake up, or stop worring people. I thought Yubin said that you cared for others, but you just keep worrying them. If you really cared, you wouldn't be in this state, would you?" Jiyong thought that things wouldn't have changed, but they did.

 

     It was the next morning. Sohee finally stopped calling for her dad. Yubin and Jiyong both had to go to school that day, so Jiyong called Youngbae, Seungri, Daesung, and TOP over to look after Sohee.

     Her father wouldn't be home at all because he was visiting his son in America. He left the night before, telling Yubin that his mother had just died, and since Sohee couldn't get up because she was sick, he decided to go by himself. He felt terrible, but since his mother died, he felt that it was the only thing to do. He hadn't seen his son in ten years, and he wanted to ask if his son and his father if they wanted to go back to Korea with him, just so that he could support them. He had recently gotten a promotion in his job, he was now the vice president of the second largest oil company in Korea, and that meant a larger income that could support all of them. He wanted his family to be together, not spereated like before.

     The boys showed up to the house and was met by a hurried Yubin at the door.

     "Are you guys Jiyong's friends?" Yubin rushed to the door and spoke as she opened it.

      "Ne." Youngbae glanced at the other boys, suprised by her hastiness.

      "I'm Yubin," Yubin mumbled while she rushed them through the door. She was going to be late to school, but she had to make sure that they knew where everything was. She rushed them through the house, giving them a mini tour. Jiyong said that she could trust them. She trusted Jiyong, so she decided to trust them as well. She took them to Sohee's room. "I guess you all have seen her before. She was at your apartment when she was beaten." Yubin explained to them what happened and she explained that they only had to hydrate and monitor Sohee and she left right afterwards. She needed to get to school, or her GPA would go down.

      "That was quick." TOP was looking at the girl as he sat down. Yubin said to make themselves at home, but that made it even more awkward after she left. They never had to 'babysit' before. TOP noticed that the girl looked very familiar. She looked at her pictures and he reconginzed her father...who was she?

     "Hyung, what are you thinking?" Youngbae asked quietly. Daesung and Seungri were exploring the home. It was a fairly big house. It had two floors and a little back yard. This house was much like a European styled home with a cozy, warm feeling. As for the girl's room, TOP felt like it suited her. It was chic, but girly.

     "I feel as if I've met her before." TOP looked at Youngbae and smiled. He looked around the room and his eyes landed on a picture on her nightstand. There were two boys, a little girl, and two adults. He remembered her then.

  

Thirteen Years ago:

      "Jaebeom-ah! Wait! I'm not athletic like you!" Seung-hyun chases after his best friend, Park Jaebeom. Jaebeom had a little sister, Ahn Sohee. Jaebeom took his mother's last name, while Sohee took her father's name. Their parents had gotten married when Sohee was three and Jaebeom was eight. They were now five and ten. Seung-hyun looked at his best friend and his pesky sister. She was always following him because she got attatched to her new older brother. Though he was annoyed, he was happy that Jaebeom finally had a good family. 

     "OPPA~! ME TOO! I WANT TO GO TOO!" Sohee called for Jay and Jay finally turned back around and picked up his sister.

      "Araso, Sohee, where do you want to go?" Jay was happy that his family was finally one that he could count on. He loved his new dad and his new grandparents, esspecially Sohee, the little booger. He loved calling her that. Even she didn't mind, not one bit. She loved it, actually. She always defended Jay when his mom would yell at him for bullying Sohee.

       "I want to go with you and Seunghyun oppa!" Sohee reached for her oppa's hand and dragged him over to Seunghyun. "Oppa!" Seunghyun was surprised that she jumped on him. She was always with Jay. "Oppa! Why are you so handsom today?"

       "I am?" Seunghyun was charmed instantly.

       "YAH! I'm your oppa!" Jay loved his sister more than anything

       "You're both my oppas! I love you both!" Sohee jumped in between them and took their hand and dragged them to the park.

      

       "Oppa! I want ice cream!" Sohee was the most spoiled little girl. She was the jewel in everyone's eyes, and she knew that they were in love with her.

       "Araso! We'll go get you ice cream!" Jay piggy backed her all the way to the nearest ice cream shop and they sat down.

        "Oppa! I want vanilla!" Sohee smiled and pointed at her favorite flavor.

        "Araso, Sohee-ya." Jay patted her head and looked at his best friend. "Seunghyun, what do you want?"

         "Just chocolate." Seunghyun ordered for them, a Rocky Road for Jay, vanilla for Sohee, and chocolate for himself.

 

         "Oppas! It's so nice outside!" Sohee pulled on their arms, but stopped when she saw her father approaching them with a sorrowful look on his face. "Appa?" Jay looked up and stopped what her was talking about with Seunghyun.

          "Appa? What are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Jay was worried.

          "Mm..Jaebeom-ah...your ohma...you knew she was sick for a while right?" He looked at the kids and just wanted to leave and go back to the hospital.

          "Ne...what's worng?" Jay knew that something was up with her when he talked to her in the morning.

          "She had another seizure. She's in the hospital." After that, they all went to the hospital, including Seunghyun.

          

          "Ohma...why are you doing this?! Wake up! You said you would never leave me!" Jay grabbed his mother's hand and held it to his face. He had tears dropping and he just wanted her to wake up and hold him.

          "Jaebeom, I'll be outside with your sister and Seunghyun." Sohee's dad didn't want to watch the sad moment.

 

          "Appa! Why is Jay-oppa so sad?" Sohee looked up at her father and held his hand. He bent down in front of her and told her that her mother was very sick. "Chincha? Appa! Let's go make ohma so soup!" Sohee misunderstood, though, her father did not want to correct her.

         "Araso. Seunghyun, can you take Sohee and make soup at home?" Seunghyun was surprised because he didn't know what he should have done in the situation.

         "Ne. Come on, Sohee. Let's go make soup and get you ready for bed, mhm?" Seunghyun grabbed her hand and led her out of the hospital.

         

          "Oppa...chincha-yo...what's wrong with Jay oppa?" Sohee has always been older than her age. She knew that something was up once she saw her father after they got ice cream. That surprised Seunghyun when they first met. She and Jay were always together because they were finally a family and Sohee didn't have to take care of her dad anymore. Right when she saw him at the park, she turnedten times her age. At this age, she was always supportive of her father.

         "Sohee-ya. Jaebeom's mom has an illness and it took over her body. I don't think she'll wake up, this time." Seunghyun was always honest with this girl. She was like his own little sister. He spent more time with her and Jay than he should, more than he would with his own family. Jay told him everything. His mom's refusal for kemo got the better of her, and he knew it. Jay told him that they found the cancer early, but being her stubborn self, she refused to suffer any treatment. She found the love of her life shortly after, and met his little angel. They got married and became a great family. She didn't tell her love that she was dying. She still had life in her, it was her decision to live it to the fullest extent that she could.

        "Ohma is going to die?" Sohee was just five. She was five but she understood the loss that came with losing her mother. She understood and she didn't want it to happen again.

         "Mhm. Mianae, Sohee-ya. Be strong for Jay oppa and your appa, araso? They need you now more than ever."

 

Funeral(1 week later):

         "OHMA! OHMA! Don't take her away from me!" Jay held onto the casket and tears kept falling. "Ohma! You said you wouldn't leave! Ohma....ohma! Ohma! Ohma!" Everyone watching was crying, they were crying from the loss and the tears her son shed. Their hearts clenched and they all just wanted to keep their distance. Seunhyun could not watch his friend trying so desprately for his mom. He stayed with Sohee and watch while trying to keep his tears back.

         "Jaebeom-ah..." Sohee's father hugged him as they watched the casket being dragged away.

         "Appa...my ohma's gone....ohma's gone...ohma's gone..." Jay held his dad and he felt like his world was broken down. He stepped away from his dad and took the picture of his mom on the stand. He held the picture like it was his life. His tears fell on her picture and they blurred his vision. Jay wiped his eyes and wiped the picture. He lifted his eyes and saw people wiping their tears. It was then when he decided that what he did was wrong. She wouldn't want him to mourn; she would want him to celebrate the life that she had, she would want him and everyone there to celebrate the life they still had left.

        Jay held the picture and with his fingers, he drew a smile on her face and that caused him to smile. Sohee, who was still sheding tears, noticed that Jay was now smiling at the picture.

       "Oppa...why are you smiling? Aren't you sad?" Sohee tugged at her brother's hand. He looked down at her and gave her a saddened but warm smile and shook his head.

        "Oppa was wrong. Ohma would be sad right now if she saw us crying, kkeuchi(right)?" Sohee nodded and wiped her tears.

        "Oppa...I'll miss ohma." Sohee whispered to Jay, knowing that everyone was watching.

        "Anyone will." Jay smiled at the picture again and hugged Sohee. Seunghyun, Sohee's dad, and everyone else watched the beautiful scene and wiped their tears as well.

 

A few months later:

         Jay was leaving for America. Sohee's dad couldn't take care of him due to the financial loss after his wife died. Jay really didn't want to leave, but he knew that it was better that way. The plus side to this was that his grandparents loved him, and they really wanted him to keep them company. The down side? Having to leave his dad and sister. He loved them as if he were their blood. 

         "Oppa! Call me a lot!" Sohee held onto Jay's hand as they entered the airport.

         "Mhm, I will. Take care of appa, arachi(alright)?" Jay knew that it hurt his dad a lot, and he didn't want to send Jay away, but in the time, it was the only thing they could do. Jay knew it would kill his dad if he had more financial abilities.

         "Appa! Don't let Sohee sleep late anymore!" Jay always scolded his dad because his dad always let Sohee do whatever she wanted.

         "Araso. Jaebeom-ah, be safe and take care of your grandparents, okay? They love you very much." Sohee's dad patted Jay's back and smiled at the boy who was his son.

         "Seunghyun...don't leave my Sohee alone, okay?" Jay looked to his best friend and smiled.

         "Mhm, and in return, take care of yourself." 

 

Back to now:

        In the end, Seunghyun and his family moved to Busan and Seunghyun couldn't keep his promise. He turned into TOP and lost touch with Sohee's family. 

        "Hyung, you didn't recognize her?" Youngbae listened to his story and felt so bad.

        "Nani, not until I saw the picture on her nightstand."    

         

        "Seunghyun oppa?" TOP looked at the girl who was now staring at him with a realization.

        "You're awake?" TOP whispered to the girl.

 

 

A/N:

Sorry this took a long time! I know I said I would try to update often, but for right now, the updates will be very irregular. I'm having writer's block along with finals that are coming up in a few weeks, so I am trying very hard to keep up and improve my grade and that requires my full attention. I hope you understand! I write when I get ideas, and tonight I had a bunch, so I hope you enjoyed it!

Hopefully you can understand a little more of Sohee's background. :)

I changed the background and the main photo(that I made) to fit the darker story better. I hope you don't mind!

 

 

xoxo,

Jaime T.