Thanks, Oppa

I'm Loving You

 

Sohee glanced up at the sky and smiled. She was content with her life. It was about two years after the accident, and it was now Sohee’s second year in university. She wasn’t completely over the accident, but she moved on.

She realized that she was the only person holding herself back from the world.

Jay was quite successful in running the club and 2PM for Jiyong, and he allowed Sohee to come to the club when she was stressed.

Sohee’s father and grandfather were happy to see Sohee and Jay become independent. They were so elated and proud. But they were depressed for months after Sohee and Jay both decided to move out. It was too lonely without them.

Sohee lives in Hongdae in a small, comfortable apartment, while Jay lived with the guys. He let them meet Sohee and she was now like their little sister. They knew to keep the word ‘accident’ out of conversations, and they knew almost everything about her.

Sunye and James got married, and they now reside in both Haiti and Canada, visiting Korea, every few months. YeEun was an aspiring lawyer who was an apprentice to the most prestigious lawyer in Korea. Sunmi and Lim were working together in a children’s daycare as part-time care takers, along with school.

 

 

“Oppa! Just keep still!” Sohee tapped the cotton ball on her oppa’s lip, and wiped the blood off. She laughed at his childish behavior and sighed. “Who knew that the scariest gang leader in all of Korea couldn’t handle a bit of rubbing alcohol?”

“Yah, I was just messing…see?” Jiyong winced at her touch. It stung. Not only his lip stung, but the fact that she was still treating him as just a brother.

“Hey, who told you to go and be a notorious gang leader? You’re a target for everyone, oppa.”

“Well, who told you to be so kind to this notorious leader?”

“Not Jay oppa, that’s for sure.” She laughed. When she had first become close to Jiyong, Jay went into brother bear mode. She laughed at the memory.

 

“Yah! Since when did you two become so close?!” Jay stomped into the living room to find Jiyong and Sohee still watching television.

“Oppa, calm down.”

“Yeah, hyung. We were just watching Flower Boys Next Door. No need to worry.”

“Fine!” Jay stomped over and sat himself right in between Sohee and Jiyong.

“Oppa, what are you doing?”

“I do not want my baby sister in the hands of a notorious gangster.”

Jiyong gave Jay a weird look and turned to look at Sohee. With that, they all burst out laughing.

*This is where I want to be. I wanted to be in a happy place for so long, and I am here. My family and friends are at my side. But…Myungsoo-ah, I still miss you.*

Sohee had these thoughts many times. She was not in a good spot in her life. She was very close to the Kim’s, who still treated her as if she was their daughter. She was treasured by her friends and family, and she knew that she wasn’t alone.

 

“OPPA! I MEAN IT! STOP MOVING!”

“Yah! It hurts!”

“Ohh, look at the big bad gangster who can withhold against fifty other men, but cannot stand a little rubbing alcohol!” Sohee laughed while Jiyong pouted at her. She watched as he closed his eyes and fell silent. After she was done, Jiyong peeked through his lashes secretly watching her movements.

“Oppa, you can open your eyes now.” She giggles, and his heart fluttered.

“You know, you can’t be mean to a patient.”

“You aren’t a patient. You’re an oppa, who carried me out of my hell. I’m more like your patient.”

“It’s late. You have class tomorrow.” He stood up and she watched, her heartstrings tugging a bit. Why are you feeling this way? He always leaves…

“Oh…okay…” She sighed.

Come on, Sohee, tell me to stay…

“Oppa…”

“Hm?”

“Uhm…would you like to…uh…stay here?” His eyes widened.

“What?”

“I mean…it’s getting really late, not to mention cold…” Sohee didn’t know why she felt so nervous. She hung her head and said, “I mean, you don’t have to…I just-”

“Okay.”

“What??”

“I said I would stay.” He watched her eyes widen in surprise and softly chuckled.

“You get the couch?” Sohee smiled at Jiyong and he nodded. She went to go get extra blankets and pillows, and he waited. His heart beat, even if it didn’t mean anything.

 

“Sohee! Wake up! You have to get to class!” Jiyong jumped on her bed, disturbing her dreams.

“Oppa, just let me have five more minutes!” Sohee threw the covers back over her head and her side.

“Yah! I made breakfast and everything!”

“Breakfast can wait…” Sohee fell back to sleep, leaving Jiyong to sigh and get up.

“If you’re late to class, don’t blame anyone but yourself.”

“Ahhh….alright!” Sohee reluctantly got up and gave a little glare to Jiyong.

“What? You’re the college student!” Jiyong raised his hands up in defense. Sohee burst into fits of giggles and Jiyong’s heart warmed. “Y-yah! Hurry up and get ready!” He walked out of her room and shook his head. She isn’t ready. Stop over thinking.

Sohee came out to find her apartment empty, with a little note next to her American styled breakfast.

 

Went to Jay’s club. Get to school, and eat your breakfast!

Love,

Jiyong Oppa~

 

 

Thanks, oppa. Sohee smiled, and her heart thumped.

Maybe it’s time I act on my feelings…

Jiyong was Sohee’s best friend. He was the one who took care of her since the accident, and she knew of his feelings since the incident of the accidental kiss. She knew, but she wasn’t in love with him. She had a boyfriend who she cared for. But he’s gone now, and she moved on.

Myungsoo-ah, what should I do?

Myungsoo was a big part of her life, and everyone knew it. Everyone hoped they would get married. Everyone hoped they would live together happily. It was going to happen, until he passed.

Jiyong picked up the pieces of Sohee’s heart that was shattered and left alone. He picked it up and showed that it was still there. He taught her that Myungsoo would always be her first love, but she had to move on.

Sohee was torn. Part of her didn’t want to let go of Myungsoo, but the other part wanted to break free of the horrendous past.

Sohee sighed and ate slowly, immersed in these thoughts.

 

 

“Oppa! What are you doing here?” Sohee smiled at her older brother who was standing in front of the building that her literature class was in.

“Yah! You don’t want me to come?” Jay smiled back and patted her head.

“I didn’t know you would.”

“My baby sister is going to college. She never visits me and my boys, so I decided to take the initiative and come. Is that so bad?”

“No! Oppa! Thank you!” Sohee giggled and hugged him.

“Well, head on off to class, and we can have lunch.”

“Thanks, oppa.”