Tragedy

I'm Loving You

       "Myungsoo! Hurry up!" Sohee waited as Myungsoo took his time walking across the street.

       "Yah! You better be careful! You might trip!" Myungsoo reached Sohee and took her hand in his. "The guys wanted to hang out with us today."

       "Who? Infinite?" Sohee was excited. Although she never really hung out with them before, she was welcomed by them right away.

       "Mhm. Is that okay?" 

       "Of course."

 

 

       "Sohee!" The guys were excited.

       "Noona!" Sungjong was the closest to Sohee next to Myungsoo, because they went to the same school, whereas all the guys were in university.

       "Annyong!" Sohee waved with her free and Myungsoo laughed.

       "Nice to see they still care about me." Sohee looked at he boyrfiend and laughed with him.

       The guys and Sohee were all hanging out around town, going to the mall, or going to Myungsoo's house to play video games while Sohee got to know the guys more. Sunggyu was an old grandpa, who just wanted to sleep, while Dongwoo was energetic all the time. Woohyun was playful and even greasier than all the guys. Hoya was extremely quiet but loved to joke with the guys, and if Sohee wasn't there, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were the closest. Sungjong was Sohee's favorite, aside from Myungsoo. He was adorable, but very, very caring. 

        It was getting late and Myungsoo wanted to be alone with Sohee. The guys had left a few hours early, due to Myungsoo pretending that he was sick. 

        "Myungsoo...are you sure you're sick? I could leave if you--"

        "Sohee, I am not sick."

        "Then why--"

        "I just want to spend time with my Mandu." Sohee flushed and smiled at his comment.

         "Oh..."

         "Let's go to our cafe, okay?" Sohee nodded and off they went.

          

 

         "Mmm, I love the smell when I walk in." Sohee sighed at the warm scent, but it still couldn't beat the fresh clean scent of her boyfriend.

         "Me too." Myungsoo loved the guys, but for some reason, his gut told him that something was going to make Sohee sad. He didn't welcome the feeling, but it consumed him. "Let's sit." 

         They were enjoying each other's company, not wanting the night to end; however, it came the time when Sohee just wanted to sleep. Myungsoo hesitantly agreed to let her go home, so he walked her. He stood there under the front porch and Sohee turned and smiled. 

        "We're here! Good night, Myungsoo." Sohee turned to she could go in, but Myungsoo grabbed her wrist.

         "Wait, Sohee." Sohee turned back and faced Myungsoo, tilting her head. Myungsoo lightly pecked her lips, leaving them to linger for a bit longer. She could feel his sincerity, and his love coming from that small kiss, so she pulled away, and hugged him. They held each other for who knows how long, and she lightly kissed his cheek.

         "Good night, Myungie. I'll see you in school tomorrow," Sohee whispered in his ear.

          "I love you." Myungsoo held her tighter, the feeling consuming him again.

         "I love you too."

         "Well, you'll never know how much. You mean the world to me." 

         "Where is all this coming from?" Sohee felt as if he was saying goodbye.

          "Nowhere. Just remember that, okay? Get a good sleep, and remember, you are the most beautiful girl in the world, arachi?" Myungsoo didn't want to part.

          "Mhm. Good night, I love you." With that, Sohee pulled away and walked into her house. The strange feeling of goodbye overtook her body and she fell to the ground. Why am I feeling this way? Why are tears coming out, when I will see him tomorrow?

 

   

         "SOHEE! Myungsoo...he's been hit by a car!" Sohee picked up to the frantic mother of Myungsoo. 

         "Ne?! What did you say?!" Sohee's heart dropped, and she needed to hear the words again.

         "He's in surgery! He was hit and the doctors called me and Myungsoo's father! He was on his way home! Why...WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE MY SON?!" Myungsoo's mother was going insane. She was going out of her mind, wondering if her son would make it.

          "Omonim...which hospital are you at?" Sohee had no strength to use her voice.

          "Seoul National Hospital! Oh, hurry, hurry..."

          "Ne, Omonim, I'll be there as fast as I can." Sohee rushed around her room, throwing a sweat shirt and sweat pants on as fast as she could while hanging up. What happened exactly? I just saw him a few hours ago! Why did...I should have just stayed with him! I should have just skipped tomorrow, and I should have....

 

 

           Sohee took a taxi to the hospital. She sped through all the people, looking at her strangely. She didn't know which direction the ward was in so she eventually had to stop and ask a nurse. The nurse gave her a strange look, but pointed her in the direction, causeing her to walk as fast as she could to the waiting area. She greeted his parents and they looked at her and hugged her. Myungsoo's father was on the phone with their youngest son who was studying in Daegu with his grandparents. She sat down feeling defeated, and tears started to form again.

           Nothing was supposed to happen. I was supposed to spend my life with this guy. I already realized too late...I love him...Was it that feeling I felt earlier? Why...why did this happen to my boyfriend? I was supposed to take him to Lotte World in the summer...I was supposed to go on a road trip with him..I was supposed to have a perfect life with him...Now what? 

 

  

       "SOHEE!" Sohee's head snapped up and she didn't realized that his parents were rushing toward a doctor.

       "Doctor...how is he?" Myungsoo's father held the doctor's hand tightly. The doctor had a serious expression on his face and Sohee could already tell that this was bad.

       "We tried everything we could. He had a chipped scalp, causing a lot of bleeding. He also had a fractured frontal skull, causing that part  his brain to swell, and even bursting because of the immense space that was left there. We tried--" The doctor wanted to explain everything so that they could understand that he was already a loss cause when he came in; however, they weren't listening. All three of them only heard We tried everything we could.

      We tried everything we could.

      We tried everything we could.

     We tried everything we could.

     We tried everything we could.

      "I just lost my son? ... I lost my son? ... I lost my son...  I lost my son!" Myungsoo's mother felt her heart rip in two, and she couldn't even stand. She fell to the ground, holding onto her heart.

      Sohee stood frozen. She did not know what to think. She was emotionless, and her heart just broke.

      Myungsoo's father stepped away from all of them, but anyone could tell that he was stepping away from the pain.

      The rest of the night was filled with silence and an overwhelming feeling of depression. Myungsoo's parents could not speak to or look at anyone, but each other and Sohee. They were all feeling like their own lives had been taken, and no one could doubt that these three people had just lost someone very important. Myungsoo's parents urged Sohee to go home and sleep for school the next day, not wanting her to give up her sleep for them, but she refused, knowing her dad would understand. She stayed with them until they were ready to leave the hospital. 

       Sohee took a taxi home. It was almost four in the morning. She stepped into her dark house and her father appeared. He knew what had happened. He took one good look at her face and walked over to her and buried her head in his chest. Right then, she knew it was over. She knew she had just lost her love, and her chest heaved one big breath before her sobs filled the quiet house. Her father held onto her as she cried and cried. She felt her father walk them up to her room, and they sat on her bed. Her sobs woke up her brother and grandfather. They both had heard about the accident, and her sobs confirmed their fear. The house was filled with sorrow, and was drowned with one heart broken girl's sobs. 

      She eventually fell asleep to the sound of her tears and she was dreamless the whole night.

 

 

A/N:

This was a VERY sad chapter. T-T It had to be done. I'm sorry. This was not my favorite to write, but hopefully you understand.

I've been losing subbies, but that's okay, as long as there are readers, there is a story. Again, I love anyone who actually clicked on my story. :) 

I am also human, so I can't update all the time. I can't tell you much, but my life was hectic, and it just hasn't been the best lately. Plus I was sick for a LONG time, like two weeks! I hated it. BUT thank you for still reading! 
 

I LOVE YOU!

 

xoxo,

Jaime T.