Thankful

I'm Loving You

They went without seeing each other for about a week. They knew that if they saw each other, it would be over. They would fall in love. But the only problem was that they both didn’t know if they would be ready.

Would they be ready? Ready for the love that they have been waiting for?

No. No one ever is.

Sohee laid in her bed for that week, thinking about the possibilities that would arise if she told him how she felt. She’s known his feelings for her since the day she visited him in his office. But she didn’t know if she was ready.

She was vulnerable. After Myungsoo, she never thought that she would get back up. She never thought that she would be able to smile again.

He helped her tremendously, and she was slowly falling for him.

He fell for her when he took care of the girl who he stumbled upon. He knew that these feelings were foreign to him, but he didn’t know if he was capable of keeping her safe.

People when after him every chance they got, and if they found out that he was in a relationship, he wasn’t sure if they would be heartless enough to go after Sohee. He couldn’t risk that, could he?

Would he have the nerve? No. He would much rather have her as his ‘little sister’ than have her die because of his reputation.

But he couldn’t deny the obvious fact that he loved her. He needed her. He wanted her.

How was this going to happen? He was dumbfounded and he even asked Youngbae for advice.

Youngbae had told him to just confess and maybe she would feel the same way.

“That’s bull. What if she doesn’t? I felt this way for a long time, and I am just not sure if she’ll accept me.”

“Well, if she let you go, it would be her biggest mistake. I doubt that she doesn’t feel the same way though. Don’t doubt yourself. You’re a great guy who loves a great girl. She would be crazy if she didn’t want you.”

“I’m going to count on that.”

“Yeah, you better.”

“But if she doesn’t, I’m going to take it out on you.”

“Fine by me. Just don’t make a fool out of yourself or this gang. We can’t afford it.”

“You think I don’t know that? I’ve been pushed and I have pushed, so don’t talk to me about that.” Jiyong sighed thinking about business. He was in love with Sohee, but he also didn’t want her to be exposed.

“Don’t worry. She’ll be fine. She’s a tough girl.”

“How did you even know what I was thinking?”

“I can read you. I’ve know you since we were so young, you can’t think that I don’t know your habits.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“Shut up and go get your girl.”

“Fine! But you better believe that I will blame you if anything goes wrong!”

“JUST GO ALREADY!” Youngbae pushed Jiyong out the door and slammed the door shut.

Jiyong sighed. He had no choice but to either get his heart broken or to go get the love of his life.

He may be a heartless gang leader, but his heart still beat whenever he thought about her answer to him.

 

“Oppa?” Sohee opened her door to find the man she was avoiding all week. Her heart beat accelerated and her mind froze.

“Hey, can I come in?” Jiyong scratched his head and gave her a little smile.

“Sure,” She whispered as stepped aside and let him through. He looked around and found her textbooks everywhere.

“Are you busy?”

“No…I was just studying. I have midterms this week, before spring break.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Did you need something?”

“No. I just…”Man, what am I supposed to say?

“Oppa? What is it?” Sohee looked at him and touched his shoulder.

“I can’t do this anymore…”

“Do what?”

I can’t hurt her…I can’t do this. I can’t be standing here having a civilized conversation with you, when all I want to do is kiss you. I can’t…not anymore…this has to end…

“Forget it. Forget I came here.” Jiyong turned to leave, when he felt a hand take a hold of his wrist.

“Oppa…don’t go.” Sohee felt like she was exposed. She felt as if her heart was dangling right in front of his eyes, but he refused to see it.

“Sohee, you don’t understand.” Jiyong wanted to rip his wrist out of her grasp, but he turned to face her.

“What don’t I understand?” Sohee wanted to be with this man. Wasn’t this what he was waiting for?

“I can’t stand here and not kiss you. I can’t stand here and let you think that it’s okay if we’re just friends. I can’t be just friends with you, Sohee. I know that you don’t feel the same way but-“

Jiyong’s sentence was cut off by Sohee pulling him in for a hug.

“What? What are you doing?”

“Oppa…don’t you get it?”

“Get what?”

“You…you’re the one I want…”

Jiyong’s eyes widened as he stared down at the girl who was hiding her face.

“What?” He didn’t comprehend.

“I-I love you, oppa. I didn’t know until YeEun unnie started to ask me questions…I was so stupid to not realize it before.”

“You love me?”

“Yes.”

Jiyong then pulled away from her and held her at arm’s length away. He looked her in the eyes and smiled.

“I love you too.”

“I know.”

Then he pulled her in for the kiss they’ve been waiting for. Their lips met and they glided along with a shy passion that was made for each other. They knew, then, that they would never want to let each other go. Everything in the world melted away and all they wanted was to hold each other.

Jiyong smiled when he felt Sohee smiled and they pulled away and hugged.

“I’m glad I listened to Youngbae.”

“What?”

“He gave me the courage to come talk to you.”

“Really? Then, I should be thankful too.”

“Yeah, maybe.” They laughed and they couldn’t get any happier than in that moment.

 

“Oppa! I need to study! Midterms are tomorrow and I haven’t gotten any studying in because of you!” Sohee and Jiyong were watching a movie in their newly found bliss when Sohee finally told him what was on her mind.

“Yah! You agreed! I didn’t force you to watch the movie!” Jiyong pinched her nose and she giggled.

“Well, unless you want to help me study, then I would appreciate if you go on your way.” Sohee huffed and stood up to walk over to her desk.

“We just got together and you’re kicking me out already? Wah, I didn’t know you were like this!” Jiyong joked and looked at the expression on Sohee’s face.

“I am not amused, oppa. I really need to study.” Sohee sat and got out her books. Jiyong shrugged and sat on the chair next to her, content with just watching her.

Sohee started with her philosophy and when two hours passed, she had already gotten psychology and chemistry out of the way. She glanced up at her new boyfriend and smiled. He had fallen asleep and she felt the need to his black hair. It was alluring and she knew that she would have forever to admire his looks.

“Oppa, wake up.” Sohee slightly shook Jiyong. He woke up reluctantly and gave her a small smile. “Oppa, go sleep in my room, or on the couch. This desk may not be the best option for your body.” She smirked at him and he laughed.

“One day and you already want me in your bed? You move so fast, Ahn Sohee.” Jiyong smiled at the blush growing on her face, and he couldn’t help but to touch her plump cheeks.

“Oppa, stop teasing me!” She smacked his hand away and he smiled and laughed.

“I can’t help it. I’m never like this. I’m just too happy.”

“Me too.”

“I’m the luckiest guy in the world. You can’t believe how long I have waited for you.”

“I know, oppa. I know.”

“You do?” Jiyong looked at Sohee questioningly. She nodded and gave him a small, guilty smile.

“I’ve known since that night I visited you. I always knew but I couldn’t bring myself to admit it. I managed to convince myself that you were just confused. I thought that it would be better because I loved Myungsoo, and I knew that if he was still alive, he would be in your place. After he died, I was in a hole. It was the deepest hole that I have even been in since I was born.

“When I was at school, people worried about me finally giving up, and committing a sin that I never even wanted to resort to. At home, I was a hermit in my room, with my family having to check on me every five minutes. I barely talked to my friends. The first person who made me realize that being in that hole would not only push my reality away from me was Cheondung oppa. Ever since then, you came back into my life and you brought a light with you.

“I don’t know what I would be if you weren’t there encouraging me. I know that you weren’t the only person, but somehow, you became the most important. I can’t hide anything from you. I know that you’ve loved me since that one day, and I’m sorry for never acknowledging it. I was never brave enough to feel that feeling again and you made me realize that I can’t hide from it forever.” After her speech, she blushed and risked a glance at Jiyong who had a wide smile on his face.

“I love you.”

“I love you, too, oppa.” Sohee smiled as Jiyong pulled her in for a kiss.