The Inflicted Pain

I'm Loving You

SOHEE POV

    "What are they doing here again?" Jiyong-ssi said.

    "Jiyong-ssi...ottoke?" He pulled me behind him and then was when the Teen Top boys stopped in front of Jiyong-ssi. Jiyong-ssi held me close and my heart started thumping. It was so uncontrollable that I thought he could feel it on his back.

    "Jiyong hyung...You didn't tell TOP hyung, right?" One of the boys said. I couldn't see; I was behind Jiyong-ssi.

    "No." He lied.

    "Cansamimida! Hyung, you won't regret this!" They were so relieved after they left, I felt relieved with them. I look up and see Jiyong-ssi look at me. He smiled and I gave him a shy smile. I handed Jiyong-ssi's phone back to him and he put it in his pocket with a light smile.

     

AUTHOR POV

    "Ignorance is bliss." Jiyong said as he smirked, and right then was when the bus pulled up. He watched as Sohee laugh and bid him goodbye while climbing the stairs on the bus. 

   "Goodbye, Jiyong-ssi!" Sohee smiled and waved as she took a seat on the early bus. The bus took off and Sohee looked back to see Jiyong still staring after the bus. She smiled to herself and dazed off. Jiyong, on the other hand, smiled as the bus went, so he waled back to his apartment, in a good mood.

    "Ji, come on, there's some one that's waiting for you." Youngbae whispered as calmly as he could when Jiyong entered the door.

    "Chincha? Who?" Jiyong never has people who wait for him.

    "You find out. You'll know. She said that she needed to speak with you." Youngbae had a growing look of worry.

    "Don't worry. I'll take care of it. Just go to your room or something." Jiyong took a look at his friend and gave him a reassuring smile. He left to the living room, leaving Youngbae to wonder about this woman...and why she was back.

     "Jiyong!" This strange, but familiar woman was standing in front of him.

     "Dara sunbae...what are you doing here?" Jiyong foze, utterly confused.

     "Jiyong, I know it's been a long time since I've seen you." Dara was Jiyong's reason he created a gang. He wanted to look cool, older...for the woman who broke his heart. They went to school together, though Dara was four years older than he, they were quite fond of each other. It came one day, when Jiyong was 17, where Jiyong and Dara both felt the same attraction to each other that Jiyong had when he first met this older woman. It was the first, and last time someone had really captured his heart. He found out later, that Dara was involved in something he could never imagine. She was involved in a fearful mob of people who created the illegal imports of . They found out about Jiyong, and tried to recruit him, which Dara was always trying to accomplish since he had found out. He later agreed, for the sake of his woman's love. He wanted her approval, thinking that he was the best man in her eyes. He found a group of boys in the same situation, and they all became close, soon to become Big Bang, a five member gang in Busan, that was very powerful, but hid themselves well. Jiyong and the boys never did the drug, they were mainly the ones with the dirty jobs. They were to clean up dead bodies, deal the drugs, and deal with their women who were addicted to it. Apart from Dara, these boys were Jiyong's family.

      Later, when the mob was discovered, most of the group was imprisoned for countless cases of murder, and the rest were sentenced to 300 hours of community service. During the community service, Dara decided that she couldn't be with anyone, not even her three best friends. She decided that she should take time to herself, to figure out who she was without this gang, without this drug. It took her a lot of courage to walk away from that addicting drug, but it took seconds to let her walk away from Jiyong. Jiyong, of course, never really understood her reasoning. He never understood that she never reallly cared for him, and that broke him. He became an alcoholic at the age of 19, and his friends, were there to clean up his mess. He was broken, and there was no way of fixing him, only time could do that.

      But...why is this woman standing in front of him now? She was the one to leave him, and once he was finally getting over that fact, she appears again out of the blue. 

     "What are you doing here?" Jiyong was still in shock, but managed to get this conversation back on track. 

     "I made a mistake back then." Dara looked at him. He was still the same Jiyong she remembered. He still looked youthful, but there was no more innocence to him. The innocence she loved...it was gone. Deep down, she could not get over the fact that she did that to him. She was the one who commited a wrong. She took his innocence because of her own selfishness. She made him see the things he never should have seen, she made him do things he never should have done. 

    "What was that mistake?" Jiyong glances at her. They were standing in the middle of the living room, Jiyong facing the wall, and Dara facing his back. Dara sighed and walked up to him. She hugs him, but he freezes. "Noona, what are you doing?" 

    "I'm fixing my mistake of leaving you." Jiyong turns around and looks at her. 

    "Noona, you left me, and you broke my heart." He whispered while pushing her arms away. 

    "Jiyong-ah, please believe me. I lied to you back then. I led you to believe that I didn't love you because I wanted you to no remember me. I wanted you to forget me. I wanted to believe myself when I told you that I didn't love you, but now I realized that I was lying to myself as well." Dara grabbed his arm, and he looked at her. She had pain in her eyes, and she could sense that he felt as broken as she.

     "Noona, you believe that I would take you back? After everything I went through...you want to believe that I am not hurting?" He felt tears form in his eyes. He looked up to the celing to keep them from falling, and he turned so that he wouldn't have to look at her, and feel all the hurt again.

     "Jiyong. I am hurting as well. Ottokeadwe(What am I supposed to do)? I don't know either. I'm lost now. I don't know what to do with my life...my life was that mob, my life was drugs...now...what qualifications do I have to get a job where I can support myself? I have no qualifications anymore. All I know is where I want to be. Right now, it's you. You're where I want to be." Dara cried while she was talking. She felt all the pain she felt in the past, and some. There was nothing she could do. After she went to rehab, she felt proud that she was able to quit all the substances she was on, however, she felt ashamed knowing that she threw her life away. 

    "Noona, give me time to think." Jiyong whispered. 

    "Araso. Give me an answer." Dara nodded. Jiyong walked her to the door, and with some last second courage, Dara turned around and gave him a peck on the lips and left. Clearly surprised, Jiyong closed the door and walked back to his room. All his memories with Dara flooded back into his mind. It was obvious that she still had a place in his heart, but the only problem was that he did not know if he was ready to be back with her. She was the one thing in his life that he wasn't sure of anymore. 

 

     "Unni! What are you doing here?" Sohee was surprised that Yubin was waiting outside her house.

     "Sohee, why did you lie?" She looked...angry.

     "What are you talking about?" Sohee played dumb. She clearly did not expect this encounter.

     "I know that you lied to SunYe, telling her that you were on your way home. I know you lied to your dad." Yubin is older. She's had a lot of experiences that the rest of the girls did not know about, and they weren't going to find out...at least, not anytime soon. 

      "Unni, I can tell you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone." Sohee gave up. She knew that Yubin had knowledge beyond her years, and she could trust Yubin.

     "Araso. Let's go." Yubin drove them to a small cafe. They ordered some drinks and sat down. "Okay, tell me." 

     "Yesterday, I really did fall asleep on the bus. I asked the bus driver where we were and he told me that we had driven all the way to Busan. I freaked out, and I got off at the next stop. That was when SunYe unni and I talked and she told me that you all were waiting for two hours. Unni told me to go find shelter, because it started to rain. I was wandering for about half an hour when I can across this group of boys. I hadn't seen anyone for the whole time I was walking around, so naturally I go and ask them where I could find some shelter. They started to harrass me and I was trying to escape, but they just kept..." Sohee choked up. She didn't realize that she was looking down the whole time until she glanced at Yubin. 

      "They beat you?" Yubin whispered in shock. She didn't know what to do. She felt like she had just witnessed her baby being hit. She teared up but kept her face. The coffee arrive and the waitress scurried away. 

     "Ne. They beat me so hard that I have bruises all over my face, neck, and cheast. They didn't want to stop, until this guy saved me. He took me back to his apartment and I was unconsious. He took care of me and made sure my face wasn't swollen anymore. He let me stay the night, and he let me wash up in the morning. He walked me to the bus, and watied until I left. I own him my life." Sohee felt tears running down her face and she could feel herself shaking. Her body was reliving what had happened and she knew that her mind was breaking down.

     Yubin moved across the table and sat next to Sohee. She held her close and she tried to stop the trembling that took over Sohee's body. Yubin cried for her silently, and promised that they would be fine, that Sohee was precious, and that she wouldn't say anything to anyone. It was as if there was a secret pact that was created between the two of them. 

    "Sohee-ya. My poor dongseng. It'll be fine. You're a strong girl, and you can make it through." Yubin wasn't sure if she was speaking for Sohee or herself. She wasn't sure what she could do to make the pain go away, but she did know that she would always be there for this girl, her sister.

    "Unni, ottoke? Ottoke?" Sohee asked over and over, and Yubin didn't know what to do.

   "Sohee-ya, unni will always be here for you. I won't get mad, I will listen to whatever you tell me," she whispered. They sat for about two hours, Yubin comforting the younger girl. They were four years apart in age and they were never always the closest, but today...they were sisters, finally. 

    "Unni, will you help me with something?" Sohee asked after, what seemed like, hours.

    "What is it?" Yubin asked, willing to do anything for Sohee.

    "I need you to come home with me. I need you to help me change," Sohee whispered.

    "Sohee, is it this bad? You can't even take off your own clothes?" Sohee nodded and she started to tear up again.

 

     Sohee and Yubin left to Sohee's house. Sohee's father was gone at work. Yubin helped Sohee take off her shirt. She saw the bruises and saw that Sohee was in so much pain, to the exent where Sohee started to yelp in pain. The winces and sound that came out of Sohee's mouth hurt Yubin, to where she just wanted to sit in a corner and cry. She ran a bath and helped Sohee settle into the warm, almost hot, water.  Sohee's body relaxed while Yubin helped clean her. The bruises covered every inch of her body. It was too the point where Yubin had to actually step out into the hallway, and take a few breathers. Seeing Sohee like this...it made her want to kill something.