Trying

I'm Loving You

 

Sohee went back to school with a false smile that could fool anyone. She was back to herself, or so people thought. She smiled showing that she was okay, showing that she was lying to everyone. She sat in class and answered questions, like she would before Myungsoo. She laughed with Sunmi and Lim. She talked to the new Kingka of the school, and everyone thought that she was better. Everyone thought that their beloved Sohee was back. Of course, they were all wrong.

Cheondung visited Sohee a few days after she went to the park, and found that she was sulking.  He knew almost everything about her. Since childhood, she always wanted to make people feel better, even if it meant that her feelings were going to be cast aside.

“You babo, why are you like this?” Cheondung was half joking, knowing she would crack a smile. She did.

“I don’t know, oppa.”

“Yah, if you ever feel depressed, don’t hide it. It would only lead to something worse.”

“Oppa, I am making everyone around me hurt.”

“It doesn’t matter. Focus on you, right now.”

“It’s not that simple.”

“Sohee, everything is not as simple as it seems. Everything happens for a reason.”

“How am I supposed to believe that? How do I believe that when all I’ve ever know was people walking out of my life?”

“What are you saying? Everyone cares for you.”

“Maybe, or not. I don’t understand. My oppa was taken away from me when I was young, and around the same time, we lost our mother. My grandmother died, and I never got to say goodbye. I never talked to my biological mother. All the people I care for, they leave me. Although Jay is back, someone else was taken from me.”

“I know, I know that it doesn’t make sense, but in the end, I know something good will come out of this disaster. I know it may not feel like it now, but something will make you happy.”

“Well, I’m trying, oppa.”

“I know, and sometimes you won’t get to your goal in the short amount of time you set for yourself, but you will eventually get there.”

“How?”

“The only one who is holding you back is yourself.”

“I don’t have a clue what I am supposed to do.”

“You don’t need a clue. All you need is support, which everyone has already given you.”

“I don’t know if I will be the same person…”

“Aish, this girl. When will you get this through your head? You don’t need to be the same person. Hell, you can be a completely different person than before. All the people around you that cares for you want is for you to be happy.”

“I just don’t know how…”

“You don’t need to. Just take your time, and you’ll get there. Slow and steady wins the race.”

He’s right. This was my storm, right? Everything will calm down…

 

 

The pair talks for a bit more. They laugh, and joke, taking Sohee’s mind off of the accident.

“Oppa, let’s go get some ice cream.”

“Sure.”

They walked to the nearest ice cream parlor from Sohee’s school, and Sohee sat while Cheondung ordered.

Oppa, why are you here with this miserable girl? I am going to do nothing but disappoint your heart…

“Sohee!” It was HyunA. Cheondung looked up at the voice and saw that it was one of Sohee’s friends. He smiled. He knew HyunA. She was like a little sister to his friend Joon. They hung out once in a while, but he knew that HyunA knew nothing of the accident, and he got worried.

“Oh, HyunA! What are you doing here?”

“I was just going to get some ice cream for my little cousin.”

“Oh, okay.”

“How have you been?”

“I’ve been okay. What about you?”

“Great!”

“That’s good…”

“Yeah…how are the girls?”

“They’ve been fine.”

“Oh? Oh, Cheondung oppa.” HyunA looked at the approaching figure.

“Hey. Where’s Joon?”

“Oh, he’s with his mom.”

“Well, tell him to come home more.”

“Hah, you two should just be in a relationship then!”

The comment cause the three to burst into fits of giggles.

 

 

Cheondung walked Sohee home and found a strange guy standing in front of her house. Sohee looked surprised. The person turned and Cheondung grew protective.

“Jiyong hyung. What are you doing here?” CHeondung looked at the relief in Sohee’s eyes and he, in turn, felt relief as well.

“Jiyong oppa?”

His eyes met with Sohee’s and he smiled warmly at the both of them.

“I am waiting for you brother to get home.”

“Oh…well. You don’t have to wait out here. It’s cold.”

“I don’t want to bother.”

“It’s not a problem.” Sohee smiled and turned toward Cheondung. “Oppa, thank you for walking me home. I’ll be fine.”

“Alright, but just remember to call if you need anything.”

“I understand.” With that, Cheondung took his leave.

Sohee ushered Jiyong inside and they sat and waited for Jay.

“What do you need with oppa?”

“He…works with me now.” Jiyong was hesitant to tell Sohee.

“You mean…in your gang, with Seunghyun oppa?” Sohee was shocked. Oppa agreed? Why didn’t he tell me?

“He isn’t exactly working with us, but with his own group of guys. They are a good group of guys, and your brother is their leader.”

“Oh…”

“Don’t worry. He won’t be hurt as long as no one starts any trouble.”

“What exactly is he going to do for you?”

“He is the manager of one of my new clubs.” Jiyong didn’t want to tell her this stuff, but this was her brother. What was he supposed to do?

There was a thick air of awkwardness between the two, but none the less, they were content with being in each other’s presence.

“Okay.” Sohee shrugged and gave Jiyong a real smile.

“Okay?” He was stunned by her beauty. Just a little smile from her could brighten his day.

“I will allow oppa to work at the club.”

“Huh?”

“Oppa, you came here to get my permission, right?”

“I- uh—.”

“I gave it to you!” Sohee smiled again, lifting up the mood.

“Thanks…” Right then, Jay walked through the door with six other guys, startling Sohee. Her mood raced downhill again, but she faked a smile at her oppa.

“Sohee? Jiyong?” Jay looked at his sister sitting with Jiyong. The six loud men stopped when they heard their leader speak.

“Oppa, I give you permission.”

“Permission?” Jay looked at Jiyong questioningly.

“I might have told her about your job.” Jiyong shrugged apologetically.

“What?!”

“I gave you my permission, already. No need to be so shocked.” With that little comment, everyone bursts into laughter, bringing Sohee a reason to go upstairs.

 

 

I will try hard to be happy.

 

 

 

A/N

I am sorry for the late update, but I got into an accident two weeks from yesterday, Saturday, and I have recently gained a lot of 'problems' from the accident. I don't want you to worry, but it might be hard for me to update as quickly as I used to.

I hope you all enjoy, and I LOVE YOU!

 

xoxo,

Jaime T.