2

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

“Jaejoong-ssi! Jaejoong-ssi, are you alright? Don’t die!” Kang Hodong joked, which led to an outbreak of laughter. “How do you feel? You managed to affect someone’s life in such a major way, you even managed to change their childhood dream!”

 

“Ah… Wow… This is… “ Jaejoong began awkwardly after he stopped choking. “Woah… It’s an honour, really. I never thought that I would be able to have this kind of effect on people. Thank you so much!” He continued shyly as he turned around to face me.

 

“Wahhhhh… Our Jaejoongie… I have never seen him act like this before!” Yunho joked, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“What, are you jealous, hyung?” Changmin shot at Yunho, which led to the fans screaming wildly and chanting “Yunjae” as loud as possible.

 

Yunho laughed and then responded dramatically, “Yes. Of course I am. How could I not be? My Jaejoong is abandoning me for a girl!”

 

Everyone on set was in fits of laughter because of HoMin’s childish exchange.

 

Then, Jaejoong whined, “Ahhhhhh you guys! We told you before that we’re not like that! Stop imagining things!” This only led to an even greater response from the audience.

 

I giggled again at his tone. He is so cute. God! Why is he so perfect? I was glad that DBSK hadn’t changed and were still friendly jokers. These were the people I spent hundreds of dollars on, buying albums and concert tickets as well as other merchandise.

 

A couple of hours later, everyone was discussing their pre-debut lives when suddenly Kang Hodong looked at me and said, “Oh yes! Jaeki-ssi was on another program once before she became a singer! Another program that I was the MC of as well, right?”

 

Oh dear. I did not want to bring this up. I really hated talking about my past. 

 

I smiled and nodded. “I was on ‘Star King’ when I was twelve-years-old.”

 

“Yes! You danced a Ballet item!” Kang Hodong replied.

 

Suddenly Changmin’s eyes widened. “That was you? I remember that! We watched that years ago and Jaejoong-hyung kept going on about how great a dancer you were!”

 

Jaejoong said what? I grinned widely, completely going into fangirl mode. Jaejoong said I was good!

 

Jaejoong giggled shyly and then covered his face with his hands. “Wah… I can’t believe this… Hahaha small world!”

 

Then, Kang Hodong asked me, “You said you were twelve then right? How old are you now?”

 

“Ah, I’m sixteen this year. I was born in 1996,” I replied softly.

 

I guess nobody knew that I was that young because suddenly everyone was silent, as though in shock. Expecially, Jaejoong. His already larger-than-average eyes widened in disbelief.

 

A split second later, Kang Hodong broke the silence, “Jaejoong-ssi, ten years is still acceptable, okay? It’s not a very big , so you can still make this work! I will support you!”

 

Immediately, everyone burst out laughing while Jaejoong and I flushed crimson. Okay, I cannot believe this. This doesn’t seem real!

 

Somehow, I managed to get through the filming in one piece. As I was getting into my manager’s car, I suddenly realised that I had left my purse in the waiting room. After apologising to my manager, I hurried back to the waiting room, sighing in relief when I found my purse. Then I sprinted back to the car, checking that nothing was missing. Handphone – check. Wallet – check. Lipbalm – check. Glas – Oh!

 

I was paying so much attention to my things that I wasn’t looking where I was running and I bumped into someone. Glancing up, I realised that I had crashed into none other than Kim-freaking-Jaejoong. Oh God.

 

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry! I wasn’t looking where I was going! Sorry!” I apologised repeatedly while blushing wildly. He kind of just stared at me, shocked, so I apologised once more and ran back to the car.

 

Woah, he really is beautiful. Especially up close. My heart was racing and I was doing weird fangirl dances in my head all the way back home.

 

Jaejoong POV

 

That girl… is really… woah.

 

Hey... what's that on the floor? Oh. A handphone. I wonder who dropped it. It must be Jaeki's! She probably dropped it when she bumped into me. I pressed the lock button to check if it was passcode-locked, because if it wasn't, then I could easily find out whether it really was Jaeki's. oh. OH. It IS passcode protected. And the photo on the lock screen is... Me?

End Jaejoong POV