13

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

I was a guest on SuKiRa again tonight, along with Kai from EXO and Taemin from SHINee, and I would like to think that after having been a singer for the past nine months, I’d gotten used to being around celebrities. Unexpectedly, Leeteuk had been really nice and friendly, Eunhyuk as well. I’d met some of the other Super Junior members on other programs and they were all really nice to me. I had my suspicions about Leeteuk though, the way he spoke to me sometimes, it was as if he knew something about me.

 

I didn’t even realize that the song had ended until Jongin, or Kai as he was now known, elbowed me in the ribs.

 

Ow! That hurt… Tch doesn’t he know his own strength?

 

I mock-glared at him and Leeteuk looked at me weirdly before beginning to speak.

 

“And once again, that was Please by Kim Hyunjoong~ Jaeki-ssi, were you daydreaming?” Leeteuk asked with a smile.

 

I laughed awkwardly before replying, “A-ah no, no! I was just thinking about something!”

 

“Ah~ I see. Well, some of our listeners might be a little confused at my sudden question, but when the last song ended and it was time for us to speak, Jaeki didn’t even notice until Kai elbowed her! It seems that you two are quite good friends, right?” He asked us.

 

After both of us nodded, he continued, “Of course! Yes, I was so surprised just now! Taemin-ssi and Kai-ssi arrived here very early this evening, and I was so shocked when Jaeki-ssi arrived! The moment she stepped in, before she even greeted anyone, Kai-ssi screamed, yes screamed, ‘Jae-yah!’ and ran to hug her so tightly I’m sure she had trouble breathing!”

 

I glanced at Jongin and both of our faces flushed scarlet.

 

“Ohhhhhh~ Jongin-ah~” Taemin teased.

 

“Wahhhhh both of them are blushing~” Eunhyuk added, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“No! We’re just friends!” Jongin said immediately, flicking Taemin’s forehead.

 

“Well, I think you guys need to explain, before this becomes a big issue~” Eunhyuk suggested.

 

“Sure! Um… I think a lot of people know that both of us used to do Ballet. A few years ago, the Ballet school I was in was staging Swan Lake, and Jongin- sorry I mean Kai- was one of the guys they called in to dance the male roles. So… We’ve been pretty good friends since then! Except, since we’ve both been busy with our debut this past year, we haven’t really been in contact, especially since we both changed our phone numbers…” I explained while smiling.

 

“We were partners~” Jongin added.

 

“Yahhhh Jongin-ah~ Is that very important? Why do you want people to know that?” Taemin commented.

 

“Hang on, aren’t you guys two years apart? How come Jaeki-ssi calls you by your first name only?” Leeteuk asked Jongin.

 

“Oh it’s just ‘cos we were really close!” Jongin replied.

 

“Sure… Okay… Well… Since you guys are so close, let’s ask what your first impression of each other was and how it is different from your impression of each other today.” Eunhyuk proposed.

 

“I want Jaeki-ssi to go first! I wanna know if we had the same first impression of Kai~” Taemin piped in, grinning cutely.

 

“Okay then! Jaeki-ssi, what was your first impression of Kai-ssi and what did you think when you saw him today after losing contact with him for so long.” Leeteuk directed at me.

 

“Um… Well… When I first saw Jongin… I thought he was kinda cute? Cos that was a few years ago and he used to be really cute~ Then… I was surprised because even though he looked like that, he was a really strong dancer. Also, he’s a friend I can share almost anything with, in the sense that we can talk about anything without any awkwardness whatsoever. When I saw him today, of course I’d paid attention to EXO’s debut since he was my friend after all, I thought ‘wow~ so handsome~’ I mean, especially on stage, because he has a lot of charisma when he performs. I think he’s become a lot cooler after his debut~” I gushed, blushing slightly.

 

Jongin was, and is still, pretty damned good looking… He has a great personality too… Hmmm… I probably would’ve liked him if not for Minhyun… I should have liked him instead of Minhyun…

 

“Look at Kai smiling so smugly! I think maybe she’s only saying the good stuff to save your image!” Taemin pointed out.

 

“Yeah, I think so too! Anyway, what about you, Kai-ssi?” Eunhyuk agreed.

 

“Ah… When I first met Jaeki… I thought she was really pretty! She was, I think, 13 then? She was quite the introvert, but she was quite outspoken when she was with her friends. Also, she always became a totally different person on stage. When I saw her today, I honestly couldn’t believe that she was the same girl! She’s become a lot prettier. She really is great, isn’t she? Pretty, can dance well and, I didn’t know this before, but she has a really good voice~” Jongin seemed to rush his words out in one breath.

 

“Well everyone, we’ve learnt more about this previously unknown friendship, let’s listen to That XX by G Dragon before we read out some of your comments~” Leeteuk announced.

 

Kai POV

 

As I listened to the song, I couldn’t help but think of how much I could relate to the lyrics. I used to like Jaeki a lot. I’d forced myself to get over her when she and Minhyun got together, but even now, I still felt something for her. I was crushed when Minhyun told us he was planning to ask her to be his girlfriend. I mean, I knew she liked him too, but I thought that as long as she was still single, I’d have a chance. Yet, I was happy for her when they got together, since they both seemed to like each other so much. They were such a sweet couple, but then suddenly, one day, they were like complete strangers!

 

She told me that they’d had a nasty break up, and for a long time after, she was like a shell of a person, empty and just going through the motions of life every day. Until now, I still don’t know why they split, but if she was so badly affected by it, then it must have been something really bad.

 

When the song ended, Leeteuk began to read out some of the comments sent in by the viewers.

 

“’Kai-oppa, Jaeki-unni is right! You are really handsome! Kekeke~’ Sent in by Viewer love_524. Next, from Viewer 13_47, ‘Jaeki and Kai-oppa! Are you guys a couple? Both of you are wearing silver-coloured rings around your necks!’ Oh, this is interesting! Jaeki-ssi, Kai-ssi, please respond!”

 

Sure we’re a couple… In my dreams-.-

 

Both of us went bright red and Jaeki stuttered, “No! No, we’re not together! We’re just friends! Just friends! Please don’t misunderstand! Our rings aren’t even matching, they’re completely different! Right, Kai?”

 

She brought her ring right up to the camera then looked at me pleadingly and I pulled my ring forward, closer to the camera to show that it was very different from hers.

 

Taemin, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk oohed and ahhed at our reaction, as if they didn’t really believe us.

 

End Kai POV

 

That was SO embarrassing! I can’t believe people actually pay attention to stuff like that…

 

While the next song was playing, my phone suddenly vibrated, signaling a text message.

 

From: Joongie~ <3

Babe! You love me, right?

 

I smiled subconsciously at the name. That was why he’d been messing around with my phone a while back; he changed his contact name in my phone. It’s not like I ever even called him that, but he insisted that I left it because it was “cute”. Seriously, I doubted his age sometimes.

 

Before I could even type out my reply, another text came in.

 

From: Joongie~ <3

Why aren’t you replying?!! Are you having so much fun with Leeteuk-hyung and Eunhyuk and Taemin and KAI that you don’t even pay attention to me?? Reply!!!!!!!!!! You love me right? Do you like Kai? Did you like Kai?? You love me more than him, right? And don’t get too close too Leeteuk-hyung! He’s a total player!

 

That one made me laugh. He was so obviously jealous~ I couldn’t believe he was actually jealous of Kai, or Leeteuk for that matter, even though he’d proven that before.

 

I was typing my reply to both messages when he sent another one.

 

From: Joongie~ <3

STAY AWAY FROM PARK JUNGSU!!!!!!! Babe, why aren’t you replyingggggggg????

 

I was now laughing uncontrollably. Jaejoong really was adorable. I could just imagine the pout on his face right now. How does he expect me to reply when he keeps sending me a new message every five seconds? In the end, I decided to just call him.

 

“Baby!!”

 

I laughed and then teased, “yah! You’re acting like a clingy girlfriend! How am I supposed to reply to your texts when you keep sending them one after the other? You need to relax~”

 

“How can I relax? You! Kai! Ahhhhhhhhhh! You never told me you were friends with him!”

 

“Well, you never asked! Anyway, just chill, okay? Chill. Breathe in, breathe out. Oh, the song is ending, so I gotta hang up now! Remember to relax, and breathe. I’ll text you when I’m done~”

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I stared dumbly at my phone for a few seconds.

 

Did she just hang up on me?

 

End Jaejoong POV

 

 

 

A/N: Thanks for reading!!^^ PLEASE comment, I wanna know what you guys think about this story!^^ Also, I just wanna ask... Do I update too frequently? Like, does anyone think I should update a little less often? Cos I'm not too sure........ Also, thank you to everyone who subscribed, and if you haven't subscribed, please do~^^ Hehe oh yeah, and Kai is another unexpected addition to this fic lol <3