17

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

Jaejoong POV

 

Security at Ion Entertainment was really not up to standard. All I had to do was life my sunglasses up and they let me in without another word. I’d only ever been there once before, and even then they didn’t ask me to sign in or anything. I was thankful for their lack of security at the moment though, because I had to speak with Jaeki immediately, and if they had tried to stop me, there’s no telling what I would have done.

 

I took the lift up to the 6th floor, where Jaeki’s practice rooms were. I entered the lounge and saw Jaeki standing in the corner, tears streaming down her face as her manager scolded her.

 

“Jaejoong…” she whispered as soon as she saw me.

 

Her manager turned around to look at me then proceeded to walk out the door, not even looking at Jaeki as he said sternly, “we’ll continue this later, Jaeki.”

 

My heart ached as I watched the tears continue to flow down from her beautiful eyes.

 

“Baby… Please… It’s fake, right? It’s not true, it’s all lies, right? That photo… That photo was photoshopped, right? It was photoshopped? Please Jaeki, please tell me it was photoshopped…” I too, could not control my tears, which had started to fall.

 

She started to cry harder as she looked up at me and shook her head slightly.

 

My mind went blank as my anger flared up again.

 

“What?! The photo’s real? You’re cheating on me! Oh my God. What the hell, Jaeki, what the hell! How could you? I thought you loved me, Jaeki. I thought you were freaking in love with me. So what? You’re cheating on me? Sleeping around behind my back?” I couldn’t believe her, and the fact that we were not in a soundproof room did not stop me from raising my voice.

 

She stared at me in shock before stuttering in between sobs, “No! Jaejoong, no! I swear I’m not cheating on you, I never have and I never will! I love you Jaejoong! With all my heart and soul I love you! Baby, I love you!”

 

I was so confused at the time, I could hardly process everything that was being said and done.

 

“Don’t. Just, don’t. According to you, the photo is real. Isn’t that more than enough evidence that you’re cheating on me? Who is that guy in the photo, huh? Is he a celebrity? Is it Kai? Or someone else? I guess it could be anyone, right? God, I seriously though you were a . I thought you were pure!” I hissed at her, enraged that she could tell me the photo was real and dare to say she was being faithful.

 

“You know what? Nevermind. Forget it. I’m outta here. We’re through, Jaeki, we’re done.” I said darkly before turning around to leave.

 

“Wait! Jaejoong, wait! Please, no! That photo was from before I even met you!” she screamed through her tears.

 

I paused and without turning back to face her, replied, “that’s nice, Jaeki. Nice to know that you’re not a cheater. Also nice to know that you were sleeping around when you were 14-years-old.”

 

With that, I continued towards the door until she yelled three words which made me freeze right on the spot.

 

“I was !”

 

I turned around, staring at her in complete and utter shock as she continued.

 

“I was . He me, Jaejoong. He forced me, and then he drugged me so I couldn’t run away. I didn’t want it at all. I thought he loved me, but he didn’t. He just loved my body.” She spoke softly, tears still running down her cheeks.

 

Instantly, guilt filled my entire body and I couldn’t believe the things I’d just said to her without waiting for an explanation. I stepped forward hesitantly and wrapped my arms around her. She s her arms around my waist and buried her face in my chest before beginning to speak again.

 

“His name was Han Minhwan. He was a dancer too. He danced for our ballet school that same year that Kai did. Back then, we were all drooling over him, you know? What do you expect, we were 13-year-old girls who were always surrounded by other girls and suddenly we had a bunch of guys dancing with us, a couple of whom happened to be pretty good looking… I honestly used to think he was beautiful, but he’s like a pile of dirt compared to you. Anyway, I was barely 13 when he said he wanted me to be his girlfriend, so of course I said yes. I thought we were the perfect couple, everyone thought that way. All my friends envied me, because out of all of us, he liked me. He was always really sweet. He’d make me feel like I was the luckiest girl in the world. Then suddenly, he changed. He kept wanting to go further, but I’d always refuse. We’d been together for a year by then and I was 14, but still, I didn’t want to. I made this promise to myself as a kid, that I’d only go all the way after I was married. Either that or when I was sure he was the one. And I thought that, if he was the one, he’d understand, and he wouldn’t push. So I kept refusing every single time and it got to a point when I felt so stressed out just talking to him. So, I decided that maybe it wasn’t going to work and we should stop seeing each other. I brought it up once when we were out eating dinner, and he just snapped. Completely. He refused to drive me home that night after dinner, and he wouldn’t let me out of the car. He just drove straight back to his apartment and he…” her crying got worse and worse as she told me her story, and finally, she gave up and couldn’t continue.

 

I hugged her tighter and rubbed circles on her back as I tried to clam her down. Anger bubbled up inside me again and I felt the need to rip this Minhwan guy apart limb from limb.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry babe, I didn’t know. I’m sorry I accused you of sleeping around. Hey, just let it all out okay? Cry it all out…” I felt horrible, and the least I could do was try to help make her feel better.

 

“I was going to tell you. I swear, I was going to tell you soon, but I couldn’t find an appropriate time and I just kept delaying and delaying. I’ve never told anyone about this. Nobody knows, not even my best friends. Only my family knows. I didn’t even tell Kai, and he was so upset when I told him that I wanted to tell someone the reason why Minhwan and I broke up.” She mumbled as I continued to rub circles on her back.

 

She looked up at me and my breath hitched when her beautiful brown eyes met mine.

 

“You can’t leave me, Jaejoong. You saved me, so you can’t ever leave me. After the incident, it was like I was living, yet I wasn’t. I was so torn up about it, you know? My best friend Jimin thought I was just upset because Minhwan and I had broken up, so she gave me a few DBSK cds, making me promise to listen to them. I did, and I got hooked onto your voice. Then I really got into DBSK. I listened to all your songs, watched every single program you’d been on, read every news article concerning the five of you, and I realized that everybody has hard times. Nobody has a perfect life, everybody has problems and everybody faces hardships. I thought, if you could go through so much pain and suffering, and still be so beautiful and sing with such a gorgeous voice, then why couldn’t I? Why should I sit around, being depressed and wasting my life away? I should show everyone that I was strong, I should show Minhwan that he couldn’t defeat me, and most importantly, I should prove to myself that I would never give up.”

 

I stared at her, wide-eyed. I honestly thought she had been kidding about me being the one who made her pursue a singing career. I thought she’d said it just to get more screen time all those months ago, and to gain popularity. I felt bad about that as well, now that I knew she had been telling the truth.

 

We stayed like that for the next half hour or so, as I kept repeating that I was sorry and that I loved her and I wouldn’t leave her, just to reiterate my point. After that, I pulled out my phone, sending Yunho a quick text saying that something had come up and that I wouldn’t be able to make it for practice. I stayed with Jaeki the rest of the afternoon, the three of us (Jaeki, myself, and her manager) discussing the best possible method to deal with the news articles and save her career.

 

It took three hours of continuous brainstorming before the perfect solution popped into my head. I couldn’t believe that none of us had thought of it earlier. Jaeki and her manager gaped at me when they heard the next thing that came out of my mouth.

 

“Babe, we should go public.”

 

End Jaejoong POV

 

 

 

 

A/N: I am such a terrible person! I keep making you guys wait so long for chapters T.T I can't even make excuses anymore, but seriously, I've had so little inspiration to write since I got back from the UK:/ So, once again, I give you guys a double update because I need to make up for being a horrible author~ Thanks for reading and please comment and subscribe!! :D <3