4

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

Oh my God. I can’t believe I’m meeting Kim Jaejoong outside of a recording. Is this even real? What if I start acting like a complete idiot in front of him? What if- OH MY GOD. The only way he could’ve gotten my house number would be if he looked through my contact list. Meaning that he was using my phone. Oh God. My lockscreen… My passcode… My homescreen… I bet he thinks I’m a crazy fan.

 

I was so busy worrying that I didn’t notice Jaejoong sit himself down opposite me. I almost jumped right out of my seat when my phone was suddenly waved in front of my face.

 

“Hello? Jaeki-ssi?” Jaejoong whispered while waving my phone.

 

We couldn’t let ourselves be recognized, of course, so we were trying to attract as little attention as possible. Hence, the whispering. He laughed when I jerked backwards, almost knocking my chair over.

 

His fans would recognize his laughter anywhere. If anyone recognizes him, I’ll surely be on the receiving end of many death threats. I’m too young to die!!

 

Immediately, not even realizing what I was doing, I reached across the table and covered his mouth to muffle his laughter. He stopped laughing and his eyes widened in surprise. Then, almost as quickly, I realized what I was doing and removed my hand from for over his mouth. I thought he would’ve been angry, but he was still smiling.

 

“I-I’m so sorry! It’s just that people m-might recognize your laugh! I didn’t want to draw attention t-to ourselves, I’m really sorry!” I stammered.

 

I looked down, afraid that he would be annoyed. After all, I was younger than him, and we had just met yesterday, so it was quite rude of me to do that.

 

Suddenly, he reached over, pushing my chin up with two fingers.

 

Oh. My. God.

 

I could feel the heat rushing to my face and my heart started beating at twice its normal speed.

 

“Hey, relax! It’s okay, I’m the one who should be saying sorry. You’re right, we shouldn’t let anyone recognize us. It might not make a difference for me, but you’d get a lot of negative attention, which wouldn’t be good since you’re still a rookie singer”, Jaejoong said softly, while looking straight into my eyes.

 

Oh God. Okay, I think Jaejoong has reduced my vocabulary to three words. Oh my God. His eyes were hypnotic- large, dark, blacker than black- and I could almost feel myself getting lost in them.

 

After what seemed like forever, we managed to break through the awkwardness and actually have a decent conversation. Although every single time he looked at me, my heart would skip a beat. I had always considered myself a huge fan of DBSk, especially Jaejoong, but after actually speaking to him, something felt a little different. It was strange, and I couldn’t put my finger on it. Could it be… No. No way. That’s impossible. No, it’s probably ‘cos I’m still not used to being around celebrities.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

This afternoon was the first time I actually had a close look at Jaeki. She really was quite interesting. Cute, too. Not to mention beautiful. Wait, what? Shut up, Jaejoong. You can’t see her like that. Nuh-uh. Out of bounds. Oh dear God, I’m talking to myself.

 

I don’t know how I managed to appear as calm as I did, because inside, I was in utter chaos. I wasn’t a child. I wasn’t inexperienced. I knew what all of it meant. All the backflips I felt in my chest when she smiled. The tingly sensation I felt in my spine whenever she said my name. I knew what all of it meant.

 

I was beginning to fall for Jaeki.

 

I couldn’t let that happen though. Maybe, if we weren’t in the entertainment business, but we were, so I couldn’t let myself fall for her. It wouldn’t do either of us any good. Still, I was old enough to know that pretending not to have feelings for someone would be insanely stupid. Old enough. I’m ten years older than her. She’s still in highschool. I can’t…

 

Those were the two reasons why I couldn’t let myself fall for her. If I did, it’s not like I’d have to worry about rejection. I mean, I knew she liked me. It was so obvious, and like I mentioned, I’m not inexperienced. I could only hope that my feelings wouldn’t grow. It wouldn’t be fair to her, since her career was just starting out.

 

End Jaejoong’s POV

 

a/n: I'm back~ haha sorry i haven't updated in so long, my exams just finished and i just got a laptop! which means i can start updating a little more frequently:) this chapter is kinda short, i know, but i've already planned the next one! if i have time tomorrow, i might write the next chapter:) comments are loveeeeee:) hehe and thanks to all who subscribed!! so sorry if this isn't a very good story:/