10

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I don’t understand! Why would she suddenly run away like that?

 

“Hey Jaejoongie? What happened? Why did she slam the door?” Yunho poked his head out of his room to see what was wrong when he heard the bathroom door slam.

 

“Hyung, I swear she was crying when she ran past me,” Changmin yelled from the corridor.

 

“What did you do, hyung? How could you make a girl cry?” Junsu looked at me disapprovingly.

 

Hey! Why is it MY fault now? I didn’t even do anything…

 

“I didn’t do anything! She was having a bad dream, I woke her up, then suddenly she ran away!” I explained.

 

“Hyung, I think you should go talk to her… Ask her why she’s suddenly acting so weird…” Yoochun advised.

 

I was planning to do that anyway, so I walked slowly to the bathroom door and knocked softly. I could hear her crying inside, and it broke my heart to see her crying, again, when I didn’t know the reason why.

 

“Baby? Hey, it’s me… Are you okay? Do you wanna talk? Why are you crying? Babe please tell me, I don’t want you to cry…” I said, just loud enough so she could hear me.

 

When she didn’t respond, I decided to check if the door was locked. It wasn’t. Pushing the door open slowly, I slipped in and saw her crouching in the corner, head down, weak sobs echoing throughout the small room.

 

I made my way towards her, slowly and quietly, so as not to startle her. When I was right in front of her, I knelt down and wrapped my hands around her tightly. She stiffened and her sobs grew louder at first, but she made no move to push me away.

 

“Shhhh… It’s okay, it was just a dream right? It’s not real… I’m here, okay? I won’t let anything or anybody hurt you. If anyone ever hurts you, you tell me who they are and I’ll go beat them up for you. Shhh, don’t cry…” I tried to calm her down by whispering in her ear.

 

It was only after another ten minutes that her tears finally stopped flowing. I pulled away and looked into her now bloodshot and slightly puffy eyes. She gazed back in complete silence. We stayed that way for a whole minute before she said something, her lips barely moving to form the words.

 

“Jaejoong… You won’t ever hurt me, right?” Her voice was so soft it was barely audible.

 

Her question took me by surprise. Of course I would never hurt her! I wouldn’t even dream of it!

 

“I won’t. Believe me, I won’t. Ever. I’ll protect you from anybody who wants to cause you any pain. I promise. But please baby, tell me why you were crying. What was it that you dreamt of?” I replied.

 

“Jaejoong,” she started, reaching one hand up to caress my cheek, “I can’t tell you. There are some parts of my past that haunt me, even to this day, but I’m not ready to share them with you yet. I’ll tell you one day, just not now. I don’t know if I can right now.”

 

I was confused, very confused, but I decided to let it go. She would tell me when she was ready, and if she wasn’t ready yet, then I couldn’t force her. I planted a kiss on her forehead and stood up, scooping her up in my arms to carry her back to the sofa.

 

End Jaejoong POV

 

I yelped when I suddenly lost contact with the ground, giggling as Jaejoong carried me back to the sofa, bridal style. He was so sweet and so understanding, exactly what I needed. Everyday I tell myself how lucky I am to have him, because I definitely wasn’t this lucky before.

 

I sighed as I thought about him.

 

Han Minhyun.

 

We met years ago, when I was just thirteen, but I could remember it like it was just yesterday.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Hey Jimin, who’s that?” I asked my best friend, referring to a certain dark-haired boy who had just entered the dance studio.

 

“Oh, that’s Han Minhyun. They brought him in to play the part of the prince, because we don’t have any male dancers. He’s 17 this year, if I’m not wrong. I heard he’s really good, and he’s studying dance in an arts school.” Jimin whispered back.

 

Our ballet school was doing Swan Lake for our end-of-year recital, and due to the lack of male dancers, our teachers had to find people to dance the male roles. It was our first combined rehearsal, and therefore the first time I had actually seen the guy who would be dancing as the prince.

 

I was drawn to him immediately. Short dark hair, often spiked up with gel or hairspray. Large, innocent looking eyes that sparkled in the light. Of course, let’s not forget his very clearly defined muscles. Despite being shorter and skinnier than the average male dancer, he was anything but weak.

 

It took a couple of weeks, but I finally worked up the courage to go talk to him. Once the initial awkwardness was over, we became friends and found out that we actually had a lot in common. I tried to look at him as nothing more than a friend, but it was hard, especially when I constantly caught him looking at me through the studio mirrors and then winking when we made eye contact.

 

I asked Jimin about it and she said it was definite that he liked me too. I didn’t want to get my hopes up though, so when the day of our performance came around and still nothing had happened, I decided to just let it go, because we wouldn’t see each other again once it was over anyway.

 

Imagine my surprise when after the curtains closed, all the performers formed a semi-circle around me and Minhyun walked towards me, bouquet of flowers in his hands. He handed me the bouquet and a small card, which I flipped open to read. My heart was already pounding at double-speed as I read what it said.

 

Will you be my girlfriend?

 

My heart stopped. I looked up at his smiling face, tears in my eyes, and nodded lightly.

 

I don’t remember what happened after that, but I remember all the other dancers cheering loudly and Minhyun pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

 

For the next couple of months I felt like I was on cloud nine. Even though I was only 14, I honestly believed that Minhyun and I were meant to be and that we would last forever. It was perfect until he started asking for more than I could give. I thought we’d worked everything out until that moment when he crossed the line. I thought we were perfect, but then one day he did the unthinkable.

 

He me.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Minhyun D:< Who guessed that that was what he did? Fortunately, I have never gone through that, so I don't know much about the effects of it, but PLEASE understand that this is a work of fiction and any referrences I make or the way I phrase certain things are not meant to offend anyone. 

Anyway, thank you so much, new sunscribers!! 

hehe please read/comment/subscribe!! I'll try to update as soon as possible!:) <3