3

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

"I'm home!" I called out as soon as I walked through the door of our tiny three-bedroom apartment. The aroma of my mother's home-cooked dinner greeted me as I entered. I smiled contentedly as I inhaled deeply. I really missed my mother's cooking. 
 
This was the first time I'd been home before midnight since I made my debut. I was just one of many new singers, so I had to work extra hard if I wanted people to pay attention to me. That usually meant full schedules everyday, leaving me little time for family or school.
 
"Hey, Jaeki-unni! I haven't seen you in ages!" My younger sister sang as I made my way to my room. "I just sent you a text to ask how the filming for 'Strong Heart' went, but you didn't reply", she pouted.
 
Gahhhh my little sister is so cute~ She's like a 14-year-old version of me! I giggled to myself before I realised something. No. She can't be. I won't let her go through what I did. 
 
"Oh did you? Are you sure? I didn't receive a text though", I replied, at the same time digging through my purse for my phone.
 
Hey! Where is it? I'm a hundred percent sure it was here when I checked just now. Hmm.... Maybe I left it in the car. Yup that's probably it, I'll check with my manager tomorrow. For now, family dinner~
 
Just then, our house phone started ringing.
 
Jaejoong's POV
 
I was still thinking about the phone when the guys and I got back to the dorm. It has to be Jaeki's, right? She probably dropped it and didn't notice. Plus, the lock screen is..... Ugh why am I even thinking about this? I should have just left the phone, why did I take it? What if it belongs to some random staff member?
 
"Jae! Whatcha thinking about? You've been silent the whole way home. Thinking about someone special?" Yunho teased as he slung his arm over my shoulder.
 
Should I tell him? Yeah, maybe he can tell me what I should do.
 
"Nothing much. It's just that just now, after the recording, I bumped into Jaeki - or actually more like she ran into me - and I think she dropped her phone, so I took it, but then I'm not sure whether it really is her's or if someone else happened to drop it there", I mumbled.
 
"Aha! I knew you were thinking about her! So you should try to contact her and arrange to return it to her!" He practically yelled in my ear.
 
I cringed, although whether at the volume he was speaking at or at the prospect of meeting her again, I wasn't too sure.
 
"And how exactly do you expect me to contact her? Her phone's passcode-locked so i can't get her home number. Huh, Mr Smarty Pants?" I said as I poked his forehead. What possessed me to think that this 5-year-old trapped in the body of a 26-year-old could ever provide me with any helpful advice? Oh right, 'cos he's been my best friend for ten years.
 
"Hyung, the girl's like, in love with you. I bet the passcode's your birthday or something", Changmin yelled out from the kitchen.
 
Why am I not surprised that he's raiding the fridge when we just got back not even five minutes ago. Ugh stupid food monster. His stomach is like a bottomless pit. Why does he never put on weight?
 
I tried my birthday. It worked. Damn you, Shim Changmin, you're a genius.
 
The moment I unlocked her phone, the guys formed a circle around me. Nosy idiots.
 
"Hyung, that's not your phone! Who's is that?"
 
"Hyung, you didn't steal someone's phone, did you?"
 
"I told you your birthday would work!"
 
"Oh my God! The wallpaper is a Yunjae photo! Oh yeah!"
 
"Guys, shut up! I'm trying to find her home number!" 
 
Okay, I love these guys, but sometimes I really feel like taping their mouths shut. Heh. Got it. 
 
The moment I tapped the 'call' button, I motioned for them to keep quiet and immediately they fell silent.
 
"Hello, Lee Jaeki speaking."
 
Oh God. What am I supposed to say? I was actually half hoping she wouldn't pick up because I had no idea what to say. 
 
"Hello? Anyone there? Hey, if there's nobody on the line then I'm gonna hang up now."
 
"Wait, no! It's me! Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong", I blurted out before she hung up. Ugh wow okay nice going, Jae. I could just die of embarrassment right now.
 
End Jaejoong's POV
 
"Wait, no! It's me! Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong"
 
I almost dropped the phone when I heard that and my eyes opened so wide they could probably rival those of my art teacher.
 
"Oh my God. I mean," I paused to clear my throat, "yes? Uh, I mean, why are you calling? Oh wait, how did you even get my number?" I somehow managed to say. 
 
"Oh, uh, you dropped your handphone just now when you bumped into me. Hey, meet me at that Italian place at COEX tomorrow, 1pm, okay? I'll return your phone to you and we can have lunch, my treat! Okay, bye!"
 
Wait, what? Huh? I am so confused right now. Did Kim Jaejoong, lead singer of top idol group DBSK who has 1 013 971 followers on Twitter, just ask me out? 
 
Jaejoong's POV
 
Oh my God did I just ask her out? Does that make me a e? Oh God. What the hell did I just do?
 
"I'm not a e!" ... I just screamed that out loud, didn't I?
 
"Nobody said you were, hyung," Junsu giggled at my sudden outburst.
 
"He just feels that way 'cos he asked a 16-year-old girl out on a lunch date", Changmin smirked while shoving last night's leftover chicken down his throat. Seriously, how do we ever even have leftovers with this kid around?
 
"Hyung," Yoochun started, looking me straight in the eyes, "that's sick."
 
As he made his way back to his room, he snickered and continued, "I meant that in a good way, though."
 
What the hell. Ew. ert. I just asked her out for lunch so I could return her phone. It's nothing, right? I'm not a e! I'm a good person!
 
End Jaejoong's POV
 
 
 
A/N: Hey!! Hehe thanks for reading/subscribing!:) lol I guess nothing much really happened in this chapter... Heh well, just a warning, this story might flow pretty slowly, but it won't be so bad once I get a laptop (delayed birthday present haha) cos then I'll be able to update quicker! Anyway, thanks again!<3