5

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

A little over three months had passed since I first met Jaejoong and somehow, we grew very close once we had gotten all the awkwardness out of the way. Now, he was like a mentor to me, always giving me advice on my career. I would be lying if I said that our relationship was purely platonic. I tried my best to suppress any feelings I had for him, but I did slip up occasionally. It was hard living in the world of entertainment, and that was something I had learnt very early in my career. Especially when you had sections of your past that you would do anything to keep from being made known to the public. Fans and anti-fans could dig up as much information about their idols as they wanted. If they wanted to know something, they would find a way, no matter the cost. That was one of my biggest worries.

 

“Jaeki-ah, Jaejoong-hyung called while you were changing, he said to meet him at the café once the shoot is over”, my manager informed me when I stepped out of the dressing room.

 

I was in the middle of a photoshoot for my company’s collaboration album, and I was already exhausted. All I wanted to do when it was over was to go home and crash for what was left of the night, but my mood brightened instantly at the thought of meeting Jaejoong. We normally met up at least once a week, but DBSK had been away in Japan for the past two weeks for their Japan concert tour.

 

I practically ran to the car the moment the photographer said I was done. I really should not have been that excited, but it was uncontrollable. Yay! I can finally see Jaejoong after so long~

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I can’t believe I’m actually gonna do this. Am I being selfish by doing this? It’s gonna be hard on us, but I can't risk losing.

 

I was waiting at our usual meeting place, a little 24-hour café on the outskirts of Seoul, which, miraculously, had yet to be discovered by my fans. I was tired as hell, having just flown back from Japan about six hours ago. All five of us had collapsed almost immediately after entering our apartment, but after a very realistic dream, my mind had been filled with what ifs and I had not been able to go back to sleep.

 

Somehow, I ended up arranging to meet Jaeki after her photoshoot was over and so, here I was, scared less and with no idea what the hell I had been thinking an hour and a half ago. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. What the hell. I can't. No. Ugh. What?

 

Suddenly, she appeared in front of me and my mind went completely blank.

 

“Hey Jaejoong! How was Japan? Oh my goodness I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever! How are the guys? You look tired, you must be exhausted, we could have just met up another day if you were so drained!” She bombarded me with questions the moment she sat down.

 

I still wasn’t used to her calling me by my name. Apparently she never used the word “oppa”. I had tried asking her about it once before, but she almost started crying before I even finished asking, so I just dropped it. I swear, I’ll never understand why girls are so emotional. Oh… well… Girls and Yoochun. Hahahahaha I’ll never understand him either, he’s a man, there are only three situations in which a man should cry.

 

She must have rushed here the instant her shoot was over, because she hadn’t even removed her makeup. Oh my God eyeliner. Oh. Wow. Okay. That’s nice. That’s really nice. God. Sixteen. No. Stop. No. Nevermind. I’m screwed.

 

My thoughts were completely jumbled and then I remembered the dream, the reason why I had decided to meet her tonight. I wasn’t sure if I should, so I tried to delay it as far as possible.

 

We ended up ordering dinner and then I was telling her about the tour and about Japan and basically anything else I could think of to delay my original idea.

 

End Jaejoong’s POV

 

Hmm… Jaejoong was being really weird today… He’s been talking a lot more than usual and he seems a little jumpy… It’s almost as if he’s avoiding something…

 

It was almost 1 30 a.m. by the time Jaejoong seemed to run out of things to say. Honestly, having dinner with him made me feel a bit less tired, but that was all in my head, because physically, I was completely drained of energy and I could probably just crash right then and there. Not wanting to embarrass myself, I suggested that we call it a night and meet up another time soon.

 

As we walked to Jaejoong’s car, a black car drove past us and I almost had a heart attack when I glanced at the driver. No… No way… It can't be… I'm probably just seeing things ‘cos I'm too tired.

 

Unknowingly, I had stopped moving and was staring blankly at the corner, which the black car had just turned. It wasn’t until I felt Jaejoong tug on my arm that I snapped out of my thoughts, shaking my head when he shot me a questioning look.

 

I must have been really tired, because I fell asleep in his car while he was driving me home. To say I had an unpleasant dream would be a total understatement. I could have lived happily without ever having had that dream.