12

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

12

 

I was still looking through my photos when a pair of hands covered my eyes and someone whispered, “guess who~”.

 

My breath hitched, but then I recognized his voice and I smiled. Of course my super sweet boyfriend wouldn’t forget my birthday.

 

“Jaejoong!” I cheered, leaning backwards into his chest and pulling his arms down to wrap around my shoulders.

 

“Hey baby, I missed you~” he said before leaning down to kiss my cheek.

 

I giggled, then spun around to face him.

 

“I thought you’d forgotten my birthday,” I said sheepishly. “I was honestly thinking of how to get back at you for forgetting.”

 

“Today’s your birthday? Oh my God, I didn’t know! I’m so sorry!” He said, feigning surprise.

 

I giggled again, slapping his shoulder, “Yah!”

 

“Of course I wouldn’t forget! Anyway, I have a present for you~ But don’t laugh, okay?”

 

I nodded and he pulled something out of his pocket and tied it around my left wrist. It was a complicated looking bracelet, like a friendship bracelet. It had all the colours of the rainbow and it was absolutely gorgeous.

 

“Do you like it? I made it myself…”

 

I gasped in surprise and I could feel my eyes start to water. I just couldn’t believe that he would even bother.

 

“It’s beautiful, thank you so much”, I replied, before kissing him softly to express my gratitude.

 

“I’ve got something else for you too”, he added.

 

He reached into his pocket once again and pulled out a black velvet box. Opening it slowly, facing away from me so I couldn’t see what was in it, he took something out of it then placed it on the ground. Then, reaching for my hand, he slipped a sleek, silver-coloured ring onto my finger. I shuddered when the cool metal made contact with my skin.

 

I glanced up at him in confusion before he leaned down, capturing my lips in a kiss that seemed to last forever, not that I minded.

 

“Happy 100th day, baby~” he sang, after pulling away.

 

My mind went blank at that.

 

100th day? Today was our 100th day? Oh GOD I didn’t even know! , now I feel so guilty! Especially since I’ve been acting weird for the past couple of weeks!

 

He must have seen through my shock, because he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before saying, “it’s okay if you didn’t get me anything, I just want you to promise me that you’ll always wear this ring, okay? Look, I have a matching one, see?”

 

He slid his own ring off his finger and held it up for me to see the engraving that was on the inside.

 

Jaejoong <3 Jaeki

 

“It’s the same on yours. Even if you can’t wear it on your hand, make sure to wear it on a necklace! Don’t ever take it off, promise?”

 

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his torso, burying my face into his chest.

 

We stayed like that for a while, until my mother called us out to eat dinner.

 

Jaejoong POV

 

During dinner, I was sitting across from Mr Lee and I could swear he was glaring at me. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, trying to shake off the uneasiness that his eyes were causing me.

 

“Appa!” Jaeki exclaimed, “stop staring at Jaejoong, you’re scaring him!”

 

I had to control my laughter at her adorable pout, but then Mr Lee opened his mouth to speak, still glaring at me.

 

“How old was it you said you were?”

 

“APPA!”

 

“Yeobo~ Maybe you should have this conversation later? After dinner?”

 

I just laughed nervously and continued eating, barely looking up until I was done.

 

I was not looking forward to speaking with Mr Lee. In all honesty, he scared me. A lot. Just before I got dragged into the kitchen by him, Jaeki squeezed my hand and gave me an encouraging smile. I was still nervous, though.

 

Kim Jaejoong. I’ve performed in front of thousands of screaming girls before, and I’m nervous about talking to one guy? I need to get a grip on myself.

 

“Jaejoong-ssi, I understand that you like my daughter a lot. Please know that I have nothing against you, but if you ever dare to hurt her in any way, rest assured I will come after you myself. If you hurt her, I will make you pay. I don’t think Jaeki has told you yet, but that’s her decision. She has gone through much more than the average 16-year-old in South Korea, so please understand if I come across as being very overprotective.” He said, very seriously.

 

His statement left me thinking about so many things.

 

What happened to her? Why was her mother grateful towards me and the guys? Who was Minhyun? Was he her ex? Why did she keep having nightmares? Were they all the same?

 

Just then, my phone vibrated, signaling that I’d received a text message.

 

From: Unknown

Your girlfriend doesn’t love you, Kim Jaejoong.

 

Again? Ugh who IS this person who keeps sending me stuff?

 

It wasn’t the first message of the sort that I’d received. For a while now, I’d been getting weird messages like that from an unknown number. It was annoying me to no end. I figured it was just a prank though, because I was sure of Jaeki’s feelings, and also, we’d been careful, so it was impossible that anyone knew about us.

 

 

A/N: double update!! I know this is going to sound SO repetitive, but please comment/subscribe and thank you for reading!! Hehe These two are extra chapters that I wasn't planning to include at first, but...... yeah in the end I decided to:p Please do comment, because I would really like to know if people actually like my story or not..... Thank you!! <3 Oh, and I found some minor errors which I've just fixed!:)