14

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

Jaejoong POV

 

From: Unknown

You think you’re perfect, Kim Jaejoong, but you’re not. You’re just another guy, especially to her.

 

UGH what the aslkjhsrsdfiuarkjshadfoasoefjhsdlf why do I keep getting these messages??

 

I was seriously annoyed, I mean, who was this person? At the same time though, I was afraid. At first, I’d thought it was a prank, but I was beginning to feel like whoever this was was serious.

 

I was checking up the entertainment news sites on my phone while we took a break from our dance practice. I almost choked on my water when a certain article caught my attention.

 

Singer Lee Jaeki and member of SM boyband EXO, Kai, dating?

 

On the latest edition of Super Junior’s Kiss The Radio, it was revealed that 19-year-old Kai, or Kim Jongin, and 17-year-old Lee Jaeki are “close friends”. Apparently, they had danced together a few years ago in a production of Swan Lake. When asked, Jaeki described Kai as a “strong dancer” despite being “really cute” and shyly added that he’s become “so handsome” after his debut. Kai also had plenty of compliments for Jaeki, saying that “she was really pretty” and “a totally different person on stage”. He then goes on to say that “she really is great”. The interaction observed between the two seemed a little intimate for that of “just friends”. For example, DJ Leeteuk pointed out that when Jaeki arrived at the studio, Kai “screamed” her name and “ran to hug her”. At one point, a listener pointed out that both of them were wearing silver rings around their necks and asked if they were a couple. At this, Jaeki seemed especially flustered and was quick to deny it, claiming that their rings were not matching and were therefore not couple rings. After this, the two singers showed their rings to the camera, as if to prove that they were different. However, as the video quality for radio programs is normally not very clear, and SuKiRa is no exception, it still remains unclear whether or not their rings are matching or not. Some netizens have commented that it is possible they are together and that the rings do match, but that they both knew the video quality wouldn’t be good enough for people to see the rings clearly and thus decided to feign innocence.

 

My eyes widened in disbelief as I read the article. I thought back to last night’s radio broadcast and scowled as I realized that they did seem really close and suspicious. It was then that the insecurities started to run through my mind.

 

What if she thinks I’m too old? What if she used to like Kai? What if now she’s met him again she starts to like him again? What if she leaves me?

 

It was then that I decided I had to call her. I had to reassure myself that she wasn’t going anywhere. Despite being exhausted from the intense dance practice, I sprang up off the ground and practically ran out of the door.

 

“Hyung! Where are you going? We’re gonna start again in a minute!” Changmin yelled out, but I barely heard him.

 

I began to dial her number as I left the room. So many things filled my mind. Anger, disbelief, insecurity and jealousy. Jealous. Yeah, I was jealous.

 

I didn’t even know where I was going, but I was basically just aimlessly walking up and down the corridors as I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

 

“Hey Jaejoong!”

 

I calmed down a little when I heard her voice, but I was still upset, obviously. I mean, how could she be so happy when there were people out there who believed she and Kai were dating?

 

“Hey baby~ You love me, right?”

 

“Jaejoong, what’s up with you lately? Of course I love you, I wouldn’t be with you otherwise! What’s gotten you acting so weird recently?” she asked while laughing.

 

“Ugh… Nothing… I just really really really love you, so don’t ever forget that, okay?” I sighed, I honestly couldn’t be angry with her, especially since I knew this wasn’t her fault.

 

“Okay, Jaejoong, you know I love you too~ But seriously, why have you been so… weird… lately? Especially yesterday and today? Oh my God! It’s because of Jongin, right? You’re jealous again! Oh God Jaejoong, don’t worry! I love you SO much! You don’t need to be jealous of anyone~” she sang, victory clear in her voice.

 

“This has nothing to do with Kai! Okay, maybe a little… But I’m not jealous! Okay… Maybe a little teeny bit… But there’s articles out now about you and him dating!” I pouted.

 

“Sure, whatever you say, Jae-baby~ You’re JAE-lous~ And you of all people should know that those articles aren’t true!” she continued to tease.

 

“What? Jae-lous? Yah! Don’t make fun of me!”

 

“Aww you’re pouting now, right? I told you not to! You’re so adorable~ Anyway, I gotta go now, Jae-baby~ Heh, I kinda like that nickname, don’t you? So cute~ Just like you! I’ll text you later when I’m on the way home, okay? I love you!”

 

“Hey! Babe I’m not cute! I’m y! Right? Yah!” I replied, only too late because she’d already hung up.

 

Ughhhhh this girl-.- Well, at least I kinda feel better now~

 

I glanced around me, realizing that I had no idea where I’d walked. I looked at the sign on the door of the nearest practice room, scoffing when I read it.

 

EXO

 

I death-glared at the door for a moment before making my way back to our own practice room. I was probably late already and Yunho would definitely be annoyed.

 

End Jaejoong POV

 

Kai POV

 

We were in the middle of practice when the choreographer called a break, since we were all drained and probably looked like we were about to faint. Just as we all collapsed to the ground and took a moment to catch our breath we heard someone talking outside our studio. It was definitely a male voice and it seemed to be getting louder and louder as if whoever it was was walking towards our room.

 

 “…really love you, so don’t ever forget that, okay?”

 

The guy’s somewhat airy voice sounded really familiar, but none of us could think of who it was, because we were all too tired.

 

“This has nothing to do with Kai! Okay, maybe a little… But I’m not jealous! Okay… Maybe a little teeny bit… But there’s articles out now about you and him dating!”

 

At the mention of my name, everyone in the room sat up and turned to look at me. I widened my eyes in confusion as I had no idea what was going on. I shrugged my shoulders and everyone just collapsed back down onto the floor, closing their eyes and tuning the noise out.

 

“What? Jae-lous? Yah! Don’t make fun of me!”

 

Jae-lous? Like, a pun on ‘jealous’? So this guy’s name has ‘Jae’ in it? I wonder who it is?

 

“Hey! Babe I’m not cute! I’m y! Right? Yah!”

 

Babe? So some guy was talking to his girlfriend? Heh. So he’s jealous of me? What did I even do? Hang on, if it’s dating rumors from today that concern me, that means the girl is… Jaeki? Jaeki’s dating someone? Someone from SM?

 

My heart sank when I realized that once again, Jaeki was taken and I didn’t have a chance.

 

Male. From SM. Airy voice. Name contains ‘Jae’.

 

Oh God.

 

Jaejoong-sunbae?

 

End Kai POV

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hehe ooooooOOOOOOooo now Kai knows~~~~~~ lol sorry i wasn't able to update the past few days, my mother kept bugging me whenever i switched my laptop on-.- anyway, thanks for reading/subscribing!!!!^^ PLEASE subscribe/comment~~~^^ <3