15

My Hero (Discontinued)

 

Kai POV

 

It didn’t take a genius to confirm my suspicions about Jaeki and Jaejoong-sunbae. As if the “subtle” and “inconspicuous” glares he shot in my direction every time we were in the same room wasn’t enough. I scrolled through Jaeki’s contact list when I added my own number and I almost threw up my entire lunch when I found what I had been looking for yet hoping not to find.

 

Joongie~<3

 

There wasn’t a “Jaejoong” in her contact list, so obviously that was him, because they were, after all, known to have a “mentor-mentee” relationship and there was therefore no way she wouldn’t have his number. The name he was saved under, though, was so sickeningly sweet I could barely stop myself from cringing when I saw it.

 

What the hell does she even see in him anyway? Sure, he’s pretty to look at and all, but he’s so damned possessive over everything. He’s so feminine, I’m surprised he’s even straight. Especially the whole “Yunjae” thing, I swear, watching all those videos, I honestly thought they were real. Obviously, I only know all this because Luhan-hyung is totally obsessed with DBSK, but seriously, what does he have that I don’t?

 

I’m definitely a better dancer, I’m a better rapper, I’ve known her for longer and I’m closer to her in age.

 

Damn.

 

He’s ten freaking years older than her! God, that’s so… gross. Ew. Imagine, when he was my age, Jaeki’s age was still in the single digits! Disgusting. How can she not see that? Does she like older guys that much? Even Minhyun-hyung was four years older than her. Well… If she does like older guys… I’m older than her too!

 

I really don’t understand this girl… Well, I’m not giving her up this time. Unless I have a good reason not to, I fully intend to win her over.

 

End Kai POV

 

I never realized that being a celebrity was this hard. I think the press seriously don’t have anything else better to do than write ridiculous articles about who is dating who when the only “evidence” they have are stupid rumours. I had only been a singer for slightly under one year, but I’ve had to deny more dating rumours than I can even count! The silly thing is, that not a single one of those are about Jaejoong and I, which is totally ironic.

 

How they even managed to get “evidence” of me dating other singers and actors is really amazing.

 

We happen to own similar T-shirts = we’re dating.

 

We happen to own similar ear studs = we’re dating.

 

We bumped into each other in a café = we were on a date therefore we’re a couple.

 

We are friends = we’re dating.

 

What the hell!

 

Honestly, Jaejoong and didn’t even really have to be secretive anymore, because people just couldn’t imagine us being together, so they don’t even pay attention. We could be out in broad daylight, holding hands, strolling in a freaking park, and still nobody would think of us as a couple.

 

Do we really look that bad together, or are people really just that narrow-minded?

 

It was annoying me to no end, but I guess it was better than people actually knowing we were together. Also… All the dating rumours really made Jaejoong jealous, as much as he hated to admit it. That was a good thing though, I’d be worried if he wasn’t affected at all, because that would mean that he didn’t really care. Jealous Jaejoong was… Absolutely, without a doubt, the iest thing ever. In the world.

 

It’s 3 o’clock in the afternoon and I’m thinking about how y my boyfriend is. God, Jaejoong is killing me. Ugh. I should stop thinking about him so much… I don’t wanna come across as clingy, right? Or obsessed… Which was probably what he used to think of me, since he found my phone and managed to “guess” the passcode…

 

GAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh… I should call someone so that I’ll stop thinking so much…

 

Jaejoong POV

 

We were having another SM Town rehearsal today, together with all the other performers, so there were a lot of people just sitting around waiting for their turn or wandering around aimlessly. SHINee was up now, so the rest of us were messing around at the back. A few of them were copying Sherlock as SHINee rehearsed: Amber, Yunho, Junsu, Lay, Eunhyuk, Kangin-hyung (making a total fool of himself, I might add) and of course, we mustn’t forget the lovely lead dancer of EXO.

 

Kai.

 

I knew that I probably didn’t have to dislike him so much. In fact, if he was a close friend of Jaeki, then I should like him more. I couldn’t understand what it was, but there was something about him that I didn’t like, and it made me feel really insecure, like he was going to take Jaeki away from me or something.

 

I was watching Kai intently, of course I had to know more about him and figure out if he would be a threat to me, when suddenly Sehun threw a pouch at him and mouthed something which I couldn’t decipher.

 

Kai stopped dancing and pulled a handphone out of the pouch. The music was too loud, so he started making his way to the door, which was right beside me. I quickly turned my attention away so that, hopefully, he wouldn’t know that I’d been staring at him. I joined Junsu and Yoochun in their pointless discussion over some computer game they’d been playing recently. Just as Kai left the room, I heard him greet whoever it was and I narrowed my eyes.

 

“Oh hey! Jaeki-yah~” He sang in that totally nauseatingly smooth voice of his.

 

I waited for about half a minute before following him through the door, Junsu and Yoochun didn’t even notice when I left. Though to be honest, they probably hadn’t realized that I was even there anyway.

 

I found him easily enough, he was speaking way too loudly not to be noticed. He had gone into the bathroom, though, so I couldn’t go in. Instead, I waited outside and listened carefully to what he was saying. I knew it was wrong to eavesdrop, but I was seriously suspicious of him.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“You haven’t even told me! I thought you loved me most?”

 

“Who is it, though? Your manager?”

 

“What do you mean you can’t tell me who?”

 

“Can’t you tell me first?”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Okay… If you really want to…”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Yeah, I love you too~”

 

I was curious as to what they were discussing, because Kai sounded really upset, but that last part really bugged me. I knew they were almost best friends, but still, to end a conversation saying that they loved each other seemed a little strange.

 

Why is she saying that to other guys too?

 

I was about to return to the studio so that Kai wouldn’t see me on his way out, but I heard tapping noises, like he was texting somebody. I paused for a moment, but decided to head back anyway.

 

I checked my phone for the time when I got back to the studio and noticed that I’d just gotten text message. It was from an unknown number, and I had an idea what it would be about. I didn’t want to read those messages, but I just couldn’t help it and ended up reading them all the time anyway.

 

From: Unknown

 

You lose, Kim Jaejoong. I told you, you’re just another guy to her. Don’t understand? Check the news tomorrow.

 

By now, my thoughts were all so jumbled up that I could barely comprehend what it meant, but I was also angry at this person who kept sending me texts like that, so I decided to pay attention to it for once and saved a reminder on my phone so that I’d remember to check the news when I woke up the next day.

 

 

 

A/N: I AM SO SORRY. I know it's been FOREVER + 87 centuries since I last updated, but I had absolutely NO IDEA what to write for this:/ The thing that made me want to write this in the first place starts in the next chapter, which probably means it'll end soon, I think...... I'll TRY to get that done sooner so I can update quicker!:) Also, (I don't think anyone will even care about this) I got back my exam results yesterday and I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW omg XD hahahahaha I honestly did not expect to do that well:p ANYWAY, thank you for reading and please comment and subscribe~~~^^ <3