Chapter 7

On The Run with The Past

Yoona impatiently sat at the cold plastic chair the hospital provided. Its been week since she fully managed to push her father's operation on the go. of course, it is by help of some people and until that very day, Taec is still clueless of what Yoona's going through. Her mom, who sat at her side, immediatly stood up as a familiar doctor appeared in front of their very eyes.

the doctor was obviously looking tired with sweat still remains on his forehead. while Krystal clutched her mother's trembling hands for support.

"i'm glad to say, the operation is a success" The doctor gleamed happily as Yoona felt uplifted. it felt easier for her to breath like something weighing her shoulder seem to finally disappear. They watched the doctor walk away with smiles crossing their lips. 

"Thank you for coming back" her mom murmured to Yoona as she gazed her daughter's hopeful eyes. she felt happy seeing her family finally free from the obstacle they fought long. and that very day, she promised to herself she would never leave again. even if it is necessarily, she woudn't because she knows that they needed her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's almost been a month since Jessica re-entered his life. It was still fresh in his memories how shock he was when his nightmare came to life. 

"Taec, you alright?" Siwon nudged him playfully.

He ignored his bestfriend's nudging and focused his eyes on the plasma TV though unfortunately, he didn't get what the movie was all about. His mind was somewhat drifting into its La-la land and he wasn;t able to understand what was happening with the characters. It was supposed to be an action movie but what the heck is with that couple kissing passionately in the screen. it only reminded him of a lot of hurtful memories he spent in Boston and there's no way he want them back.

But don't you really want them back?

a disturbing thought eneter his mind that making his mind crazy right now.

"taec? taec!? what the heck is wrong about you?" Siwon muttered, his face full of annoyance.

"W-what?" he asked, cluelessly.

"I was asking you if you are coming to our reunion next week for the sixth time?"

"uhm.. I am still thinking about it?" he shrugged. Siwon looked at him like he saw a ghost.

"You mean, you are 'not' coming? the heck, Taec! it's our reunion we're talking about not some noisy and populated high school party"

"I said, I am still thinking about it, okay? stop being so annoying" He groaned.

"hey, I am not being annoying and what is wrong with being away for four day if you're gonna spend it with us?" Siwon stated changing the channel as the movie ended. it was a nice movie, too bad Taec didn't enjoy it. his day dreaming is doing nothing better.

"Just to say Mr Choi, I am getting married in a few months and I have no plan leaving my fiancee here for her to face all the responsibilities a soon-to-be-groom should be doing intead of partying in another continent" he mocked.

"Blah-blah-blah-" Siwon laughed as her childishly blocke Taec's words, cupping his hands to his ears.

"Aish! you stubborn little brat!" 

"I am just kidding, okay?" Siwon laugh as he watched Taec's reaction. it was nice being a child again even for a few moments especially when you're with your best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona held her father's hands as they watched him sleep peacefully on his hospital bed. Her father's eyes blinked in a few seconds and soon was fully awaked from hours of sleep. it must be a lot tiring for him now that he just had his first major operation in a very critical condition.

"Thank goodness, you're finally awake" her mother's voice that was filled with relief and gladness broke the long running silence.

Her father smiled weekly and glanced at Yoona. words may not be able to escape the old man's mouth, the drop of tear that escaped his eyes was enough to express how thankful he is for having Yoona to lean on. The unspoken words that only their eyes were able to speak of. they may have been through alot from the beginning... but i isn't how it started we are talking about... it is by how it will soon end.

 

 

 

Happy New Year Everyone! may 2013 bring us a lot of joy and success! -DevilCat