The other him and the other her

On The Run with The Past

A/N:

Thank you for reading! comment and subscribe ;)

 

[New Character: Choi Siwon]

Siwon, a young bachelor living a life of luxury as a CEO for a big company. He is a man who cares a lot for the people surrounding him.

Chapter Two

 

Taec pulled his tie out as he threw his body on the couch, restless. "Who's gonna miss dinner?"

He pulled his head up and saw yoona leaning on the doorframe. "Hey babe" he said with a smile but obviously tired tone.

"Dinner is ready... go change your clothes and what time will this friend of yours come?" Taec glanced on the clock and examined the time. "Abut time. I'll go change fast" he said and stormed out to his room.

Taec was expecting his bestfriend to come for dinner which he was informed few days ago. He was anticipating it a lot. He started telling their buddy stories to yoona which she became fond of and even showed some pictures he had few years ago.

Not too soon Yoona heard a knock on the door. She opened the door and saw a man standing; in his mid-twenties with broad shoulders and fascinating features.

"Hi" he greeted warmly. "Mr Choi?" she guessed trying to familiarize his face as she remembered a photo of two kids wearing fishing gears that was showed to her before and the smaller one was said to be the faceless Choi Siwon. Though it was taken few years ago, he doesn't seem to change a lot except for the slight maturity and the chubby version of him is gone.

"Very glad to meet you" he said as he shook Yoona's hands. Staring at his eyes made yoona feel something weird. His eyes... there is something in his eyes. It may be because of being excited too after hearing the amazing stories Taec told her.

"Hey bro'!" Her thoughts was interrupted by the familiar voice. Taec was already out in his room wearing a white lined black V-neck long sleeve, walking towards their direction. "Dude!" Siwon gladly responded.

Taec welcomed Siwon in the house with a light hug and strange hand shake common for a lot of high school students. "I see, you've met Yoona already. She's my fiancée"

He confidently stated as he placed an arm on her shoulders. Siwon chuckled and shook his head. "You sure are possessive"

"If you have a girl like this, you'll know what I feel" He half-laughed. The three proceeded deeper to the house and reached Taec's dining table. 

"Smells just great" Siwon exclaimed. Taec smiled as he pulled a chair for yoona. "I taugt her how to cook few years ago" Taec stated.

"So you're the responsible one for this amazing food, Mr OkChef?" Siwon joked. "No doubt" Yoona added.


"So how was my very best friend living abroad?" Taec inquired as he started to take a slice to his delicious steak. "Fine..." he trailed off as he showed a slight smile. he wasn't that bad at all despite of his gorgeous face that can sometimes be dangerous.

"At first, it felt so tiring and I often get the homesick kind of feeling for the first few months but you know, you can get used to it. like adapting a new environment" He spoke while slicing a piece of meat with his shining silverware. It sounded like he was telling a story.

Siwon's been living in Canada for about five years. He was promoted as a CEO when his father had an early retirement and asked his only son to be in charge of the company.

"That sounds nice" yoona stated. "Maybe" he loudly sighed. It was strange but Siwon's tone sounded a bit off.

"but kinda feel lonely for a lot of time" he added. 

After the dinner, the two sat in the in a small waooden chair just beside the garden door while yoona opt to do the left chores in the kitchen.

"Here" Siwon handled Taec a rectangular carton box that seemed to pop out of nowhere. "What's this for?" 

"Just an early birthday gift" he smiled. Taec opened the box by removing the ribbon and revealed a photo book.

"How long was it? Five years?" Siwon wondered, staring at the dark sky.

"Look over here" Siwon moved the pages and stopped in a certain picture. it was obviously bigger than the rest and it occupied a whole page despite of not filling the spare space. it looked like it was meant to be like that, under the spotlight.

"Do you still remember?" he murmured.

"of course I do!" Taec exclaimed, glancing at the group of people standing in front of a luxurious looking casino in the picture. 

"This was... the trip to Vegas before our high school graduation, right?" He guessed as a smile formed to their faces. It was definitely a happy experience. Their first time sneaking out in a strange city with fake IDs and some spare cash they worked for the whole summer before that year.

"I'm glad you can still remember, Taec... 'cause if you don't, I'll make you remember every single detail" he grinned.

"That was one of the most memorable trip we ever had with the group excluding the mountain climbing we had during summer break and the last Christmas we had in Venice" Taec smiled widely as he reminisced the memories.

"That was why I was left super confused when they told me that you already came back to Korea. You just left a good life in America, dude" he said making it sound like it was a total waste when he left.

"I just thought... it would be nice if I finish my studies here..." he answered, half-truth and half-lie.

"How 'bout you? you haven't told me the real reason why you are here. I am hundred percent sure it wasn't really for my wedding, 'cause you'll be earlier than the groom" Taec joked.

"It's actually about dad..." he growled.
"Alas! Uncle is still bugging you like every second of your life about anything he can think of" he exclaimed.

"But now, it wasn't about "anything"... he wanted me to settle down" He murmured.

"Like, get married or something?"

"Exactly. he wants me to get married as soon as possible and even get him to meet his future daughter-in-law. but the worst part is, he gave me a deadline and I can't even say no to him because he gave me a good offer and it's the hundred percent control of the company" Siwon uttered as Taec burst into manly chuckles.

"What is this? A project proposal... Uncle will never change. Everything is about business" He stated.

"But if you won't mind, can I ask you a question?" Siwon said flatly.

"No prob, what is it?" Looking back at Siwon, he answered.

"Uhm... what really happened to you after graduation?" despite of the not so straight forward question, Taec knew what he really meant.

The question made him take a closer look to the picture.


 

 

The blonde girl looks so happy... on his arms.

 


A long pause happened before he, again, parted his lips.
"She left" he answered coldly but behind that coldness is the million tears wanting to escape his cage like eyes. 

"What!?" Siwon shockedly answered. "That's impossible Taec, we both know how much she loves you more than anything else... you know that don't you?"

"I don't know...” he muttered as he ran his hands through his ebony hair. "It just... Happened so fast, we were young and both not prepared. She got her dreams while I got mine and... And the time an offer came for her to go to Paris, I asked her to accept it" a tear drop suddenly strolled down from his eyes. "I was afraid I cannot give her the life she wants and the only solution I thought of... is to let her go"

Siwon was out of words. he just tapped his back, trying to comfort the grown man in front of him. the only thing he can do as a friend is just to be at his side.