Chapter 13

On The Run with The Past

 

TaecYeon

Taec couldn’t make up his mind as he woke up that morning. Feeling the familiar throbbing he had been used to for the past few days, he woke up light headed and almost the same as the previous days except that he was wearing almost nothing.

Trying to stand, he felt something weighing his arms. Taec couldn't be more shocked as an image of a brunette wrapped in his arms on that very bed appeared on his sight. He immediately pulled his arms back and stared nervously at the girl. He couldn't remember what really happened last night. Only vague images of himself drinking infinite liquor and donghae helping him stand were all he could muster to remember.

he inspected the girl and no doubt she was also under the covers and sure enough, she was Uee. A girl who was only one of the girls he used to play during high school. They've been in bed numerous of times and he lost count of but never in his mind he wanted them back especially now that he had Yoona.

He grabbed his clothes that were scattered on the bedroom floor and immediately made his way out without wanting to face a woken up Uee. As he turned the knob, a familiar figure facing back stood in the hallway.

 

 

 

Yoona

She and Jessica made their way safely to the party and maybe quite late but they couldn't care less. Jessica had introduced her to few friends and Leeteuk was one of them. They had a pretty interesting conversation and when Jessica had mentioned of meeting a really close friend on the backyard, she was left with none other than him.

Leeteuk was really nice and she indeed enjoyed his company. Excluding being touchy, leeteuk could be her very best friend. It even made Yoona forget about how time passed so fast. She glance at her watch and realised it was already five in the morning and sun is about to set soon.

She bid leeteuk a goodbye but promised to call soon to keep in touch and turned her heel to look for Jessica who seems to disappear out of nowhere. She couldn't remember how long she'd been going around the house until she stopped in a certain hallway which was carpeted blue and walls painted cream. She felt something weird as she just stood in the spot staring to nowhere

"Yoona!" turning back, she was undeniably shocked as her eyes grew bigger.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" by the time she could react, Taec had made his way on her side.

He didn't reply instead he engulfed Yoona into a tight hug. Yoona didn't pushed away nor move. it’s not yet forgotten that Taec left her without proper explanation.

"I missed you so much" Taec nuzzled his nose in her shoulders as he whispered. She felt all the anger melt down and slowly, she was returning back the hug.

"I... I missed you too..." she admitted as she wrapped her arms around his chiselled back and tears cascaded her eyes as she felt the undying love for him despite of the pain that's now starting to ebb away.

"I'll never leave you again... I promise" Taec pulled away and stared intently at Yoona's hazel brown eyes. Gently, he placed a sweet and longing kiss as he brushed his lips on her.

 

 

 

 

Jessica

Jessica was beyond furious. Donghae was sitting across in the chair on the dimly lit study. The sun wasn't up and the only source of light was the small lamp standing on top of the mahogany table. Jessica paced the floor as she studied the room and tried to distract herself from the anger raising her chest.

"This can't be happening!" she growled as she slapped her palms on the table. a smirk crossed Donghae's lip as he watched Jessica's reaction in front of him.

"But it is happening" he grinned.

"You're the worst! you won't do this!" Jessica can't help but her emotions to burst. Donghae wasn't thinking right and this could affect their lives big.

"I won't... not yet" he grinned as he crossed his arms on his chest and teasingly winked at Jessica.

Jessica felt her chest tighten as DongHae tried to stand up and leave. She grabbed his wrist forcibly and made him face her.

"You won't do this, Donghae! you can't do this to him"

Donghae turned serious and glanced at her hand that was tightening around his wrist.

"I do what I want, jessica... and you know that!"

"No... I don't! so better stop this now" she spoke with gritted teeth.

Donghae pulled his wrist back and came face to face with Jessica with a pissed look.

"You know, I really can't understand you. Isn't this what you wanted? Isn’t that you who wanted to give back the pain he had caused you?"

"I wanted, past tense" Jessica retorted back that gained a short chuckle from Donghae.

"For goodness sake! he's already engaged, Jessica! Go wake up" Donghae muttered.

"Yes, he really is engaged... with my best friend!" Jessica was starting to get emotional as unshed tears started to occupy her eyes.

"And it's giving me more reason to stop you" she added.

Donghae seem to be taken aback but that didn't snap the devil away from him. his face soften for a while but soon turned solid hard again.

"And that's giving me more reason to do so" Donghae spat out.

Jessica felt her legs turn jelly as she saw the determination in his eyes. he isn't going to turn back.

"Please... don't" she unexpectedly begged. When she found out that Yoona was Taec's fiancée from the private investigator she hired, she almost turned insane. The pain doubled and she was heartbroken the second time around. When she came back from Paris, she knew Taec was already committed but that didn't stop her. She planned everything well and she was decided... she would steal Taec away from whoever the girl is. But when Yoona's name was brought out, she was shaken. Her hopes went dead and all the plans were put aside. She couldn't hurt Yoona.

It was her who helped Jessica during the times she was suffering from the first heartbreak. Never in her dreams had she thought Yoona would be creating a fresh wound.

"Please... don't..." Jessica begged in between her sobs as she thought of DongHae's plans. If ever his plans would go on... it could break Taec and Yoona apart.