Chapter 6

On The Run with The Past

A/N:

As you can see I changed my way of writing in this chap. I used POVs for conveniency ^^

 

 

Taec's POV

as I watched jessica as she drove, I can't help but to feel a tint of pain in my inner part. The sorrows our goodbye brought few years ago. If not for Yoona, I would have jumped my way back in her arms. She was my first love after all.

But things sadly do change. I can clearly feel it. A while ago, when she asked me for a drive, I was genuinely reluctant, afraid to be caught off guard. Some may have been lost but few still stay and those are the traces of the love that once existed.

The drive ended up fast and my endless thoughts are the one responsible. Jessica never stopped talking during the ride about how her life was after she left for Paris but my mind just drifted off somewhere.

"Uhm.. Thanks?" I awkwardly said, rubbing the back of my neck. I glanced at the side and noticed the lighted room. I felt immediately worried, I knew she would really wait. That’s an understatement.

"No worries" she beamed. I slung my bag back in my shoulders and turned my heel away.

I walked inside the lighted room and saw Yoona in the sofa, soundlessly sleeping.

I didn't think of waking her up but just kneeled in front of her. She looked so precious. I brushed a strand her hair that was blocking her face and ran my thumb on her cheeks. It sent shivers to my body. She’s the only girl that can make me feel this way.

My heart thumps loudly every time she's near and race till I have her in her arms.

"I love you..." I whispered. I know, she wouldn’t hear it but just saying it makes me feel great.

"I love you so much..." I planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. I can feel my heart race again as my lips touched her skin.

I stood up and carried her in a bridal style. I watched as she sleeps in my arms. it was the best view I would spend my life looking at. Her… in my arms.

----

Yoona's POV

"Ow!" a broad and strong shoulder brushed mine hard as I walked at the dull alleys of the hospital and almost made me fall. Luckily, I held control of myself.

"Oh.. gosh.. I'm really sorry" I heard a too familiar voice at my back.

"I wasn't looking" he apologized as he came to my view, turning back. I wasn't looking too... just mentally. My mind is bothered to forget about its presence.

"Siwon?" I confusedly asked. What is he doing here? Just then, i noticed the piece of paper in his hands and the good looking coat that sure enough cost some zeros.

"What are doing here?" I saw him smile as he watched my confused state. So he's enjoying seeing me like this.

"Just checking around" he shrugged. A few nurses passed by and greeted him warmly.

"You're a doctor?"

"Uhm... maybe?" he naughtily smiled. I furrowed my brows.

"Nah... just kidding. I'm better than a doctor but I also am" he chuckled.

"I get the kinda don't get it" I sighed, rolling my eyes. siwon humorously laughed.

"That's so cute" he laughed. he just called me cute?

"Nothing's funny" I said, crossing my arms in my chest.

"Forgive me. I guess... I'll go now" he said in a serious tone. he seem to lost his self for a second.

"Oh wait, do you know where this is?" I asked, showing him the paper the nurse gave me. my father is running some test and he was sent to some laboratory I am still unfamiliar with.

His eyes gleamed as he read the paper. "Just where I am going" he warmly smiled.

We soon reached the front 'laboratory' where the white door stood and I saw my father and few nurses running some test.

"Mr Choi" before I could speak and thank him for bringing me here, a nursr came our way and greeted him.

"How was the monthly checking doing? Is the hospital still in place?" the nurse who seems close to him chuckled.

"So far, it's great" he smiled.

The nurse soon left and I finally had my chance to thank him.

"i'm sorry... that was and old friend" he murmured. is he apologizing again? He got nothing to be sorry about. I bet this guy is a sensitive one.

"I just want to thank you for bringing me here" I thanked.

"No problem but what are you gonna do here? Any problem with your heart? I can give Taec a good kick in the " he offered, showing his perfect looking dimples as he smiled.

I laughed a bit on his comment. "My dad is inside"

"Your dad is sick?" he asked with a worried face.

"Yup... heart problems"

"Oh..." I saw his mouth shaped the perfect "O".

"It's actually the second attack" I spoke. I didn't want to open up like that but I felt really comfortable with him. Like I felt somewhat secured.

"What? Second? Isn’t that serious? When is his operation?" he asked looking overly worried. i can see the sincerity in his voice.

"Uhm... actually... there's still no date" I said, hesitantly.

"And why is that?" I can notice the hint of shock in his voice as he asked me.

"Uhm... just some... You know... Financial" I lowered voice and my eyes on the ground, feeling a bit down.

"Have you told Taec?"

"No. he's still got a lot to mind and the wedding is coming soon"

I saw his body stiff and he kept quiet for a while. I wanted nothing but to run fast and hide. I opened up a bit too much to him. Though he really looked concerned, I still felt dumb for speaking too much.

"uhm... if... if you want... I can help..."