Chapter 17

On The Run with The Past

 

Taec re-adjusted the powder blue bow on his neck. With a strong hold he pulled it out and sighed loudly as his back hit the soft cushion placed on top of the couch.

On his second sigh, he caught a glimpse of his reflection through the mirror standing in all glory in front of him. Turning his head lazily from side to side, he studied the vague image. His hair was gelled firmly in a style, almost loosing every inch of the ragged look he often pulls off while his white tuxedo suit was doing as better coming clean and all. Everything was going as planned like the best image of the perfect wedding his mind could muster was pulled out and made into reality.

After few minutes of silence, a soft clanking echoed its way through the room.

"What are you doing? You should be waiting at the aisle by now" Jessica stood in front of him with her chest crossed.

"I-I was just... thinking" He murmured uncertainly, pinching the bridge of his nose out of distress. Jessica seemed to study him with a pointed look but just shook her head.

"You're just nervous" She grabbed the bow on his hands and properly tied it on his neck, her soft fingers touching some of his skin.

"Thank you" He said in a barely audible tone but Jessica nodded and stepped back.

"Go now. I'll walk to Yoona's room after this. The wedding's about to start" Jessica turned her heels through the door, only stopping few steps after.

"And don't forget smile. It's your wedding." She added before her figure disappeared through the wooden door.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Jessica walked through the hallways with the thought of what Donghae had said blowing off her mind. She knows he wasn't done yet and it was matter of moments before his plan comes to life. The images he had showed were enough to cause some damage but hopefully if Yoona would be clear-headed or forgiving, they can all come out alive from this mess.

Unconsciously, she noticed she wasn't walking anymore. She was stomping the floor with heavy steps. Stopping mid-way, the door on Yoona's room was already standing in front of her.

She was about to grab the knob when the closeness of her head to the door made her hear sobs coming fron the other side and no doubt it was Yoona's. Her eyes grew wider in realisation when she had a second to think about it. DongHae wouldn't be that cruel. Not now. It's the worst choice of day yet the best for a villain's motive.

"No way" her hand covered and she stood in front of the door frozen. When she shook her head from side to side, she caught a glimpse of a figure standing on one of the ends of the hallway. a man's figure.

"Donghae?" The corner where the man was standing at was dark and Jessica needed to scrutinize to see a see even a glimpse of his face. It was Donghae with a nasty smirk on his face.

Her blood boiled and anger plumped her brain. She was about to run towards him when his silhouette disappeared faster than she thought.

The sobs grew louder and Jessica found herself inside the room instead of running for Donghae. Yoona needed her more right now and she could deal with Donghae later.

She found her best friend on the floor with the image photographs lying on her lap.

"Yoona!" she sat beside her and grasped the images away from her sight and inside the box. Yoona didn't fight for it. She just cried her pitiful self and kept her eyes focused on her hands.

"Yoona, you need to stand up. the wedding's about to start" Jessica tried to pull her up but Yoona was rooted on the ground, unable to move every inch of her body except for the tears that silently rolled down her cheeks.

"Yoona, look at me" she held Yoona's chin and aligned her eyes to meet her. "You need to stand up now and I promise to explain everything later"

"What's more to explain?!" Yoona snapped with her eyes blaring with anger. Jessica was taken aback but held herself. Yoona doesn't look like someone who's forgiving this time.

"Look at those! Look at those pictures!" Yoona pointed the box but Jessica didn't make an attempt to open it again. It will anger and pain Yoona more. "T-t... Taec cheated on me!"

Jessica was dazzled for a moment but tried herself to not be affected by the tears on Yoona's eyes. She couldn't take to see what will happen and what Donghae's doing would cost everyone after this. She may have been the bad villain with bad thoughts at the start but it's her loved ones they have been talking about. And for the sake of those people, she would with all her might do anything to stop what's gonna break it... them.

"I know... I've seen them but...Yoona you need to stand up now. You promised me, remember?" Yoona looked at her suspiciously while the tears for a minute were forgotten.

"What are you saying you've seen them before?" Yoona asked looking straight through her eyes, suspicion visible from her eyes.

"I'll expl---" Jessica was stopped when she heard the familiar melody playing. The walk to the aisle was already starting.

"Oh ! Stand up!" She pulled Yoona up but she fought back and they both ended on the floor.

"Im Yoona! We don't have enough time" she shouted but with enough authority to her tone it made Yoona flinch.

"Stand. Up." she talked monotone. "I don't want to force you but I think you know yourself what you are doing right now... What’s this gonna cost you... and everyone"

Yoona's head bowed as she rested it on her both palm, sobs escaping her lips.

"I-i can't. I just can't" Yoona cried while jessica just stared at her.

"Listen to me. Let's just get with the wedding now and I promise to explain every little detail to you later" Jessica grabbed her hands and Yoona's hazel brown eyes filled with tears met hers.

"Trust me"

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Yoona felt something differently. She felt in pain, she felt betrayed. It was those jet black eyes that she admired for all those years like her world revolved to it, the chiselled jaws she would graze her fingers at nights she couldn't sleep, the lips that would cross the brightest smile and coolest smirk, the abnormally big ears that turns red in cold or nervousness, and even the strong and built arms that often protects her from the cold when winter night comes.

The every inch of what belonged to the man she unconditionally loved with all she has, the man that is now standing in front of her with the altar and the aisle on each side. Her hand entwined with his warm ones as they listened to man speaking in front.

When the priest was done, he faced her and she met the jet black eyes taunted her.

"I Do" his gravel voice echoed inside the chapel and that's how everything started to blur… She was out of herself and couldn't comprehend what was happening until she felt something wet touch her chest.

 

 

 

Tears.

 

 

 

It was the tears that are blurring the beautiful image of the man in front of him. She forced her crying to stop and focused her mind to the surrounding to see the positive. Everything inside the chapel was beautiful. The aisle was carpeted red and it had beautifully arranged flowers lined up on the sides. She remembered the calla lilies she saw on the flower shop last week and the duplicates were now on the white vases scattered on the chapel. Everyone was dressed in all shades of blue but what caught her eyes was the blue curtains on the ginormous windows with the shade the same as the sky. It gives the illusion of heaven. Like everyone was floating on the pillows of sky.

She caught a glimpse of her family sitting on the side, her mom wiping the tears on her eyes with her sister and father who both looked happy and proud. Everything that matters most to her life was there but why doesn't she feel happy?

"Yoona?" She was too occupied for a while she didn't notice it was her time to say the magic words…The magic words that would either open the gates of her sweet dreams... or her nightmare. A nightmare she couldn't escape the time she says it.

Her head throbbed and she was dazed for a moment. TaecYeon gripped her hands tighter and intently stared at her. Will she?

Will she really marry the guy who just broke her heart a while ago? Broke it into really small pieces it made her think of how she will be able to bring it all back together.

 

 

 

She took a deep breathe and closed her eyes.

 

 

 

"I Do"

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

*Shivers* Omo, what's gonna happen next? 

So, finally updated after few days. I've been trying to update more often but it really takes days for me to create a chapter *sigh*

But what do you guys think about today's update? What do you think will happen after the wedding?

Is it already late for running away [oops, *spoiler alert ;)] 

 

Votes, comments, and subscribes are highly appreciated ^^ If you have questions, don't bother to ask :'>