Chapter 18

On The Run with The Past

The wedding ended in a flash. After the solemn vows, everything was a blur in Yoona's memory. The ceremonial cutting of the cake, the wine tossing, and traditional dance all happened like a click of a camera. She couldn't remember a moment where she wasn't busy or not being squashed by one relative to another. Everyone kept on congratulating her and Taecyeon and even though most of the guests are from her side, the groom was fairly given enough attention. That was also his night after all.

Now, sitting on the luxurious limousine, she had the moment to absorb all the things that had happened. Officially from today, she is to be called Mrs Ok. Ok Taecyeon's wife and his life time partner. Glancing at the darkening sky, a pang of doubt hit her. She'd had the thought of how complicated it would be when she is to be a wife even before Taec had proposed to her and now, with another situation on tow... it was no question it would be harder.

Harder especially when every time she sees his husbands face, all she sees is the sin he'd done and the he pain that he, among all men, brought on her doorsteps. The one she thought would take a bullet for her. Maybe she really did depend and trust him too much which now struck her back with the same amount of pain.

"Are you feeling okay?" Taecyeon asked with a worried tone on his voice. Yoona shook her head and stared at her hands that were entwined with his.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Taecyeon wasn't blind not to see Yoona's dull mood. From the first time that day she saw Yoona walk down the aisle, he knew something wasn't right. From the morning he woke up on his wedding day, the unsettled emotion never left his side either from the guilt or from the anxiety, he couldn't really tell.

He wanted to ignore everything and just savour the moment but it's hard when the mood isn't right. Maybe she was just nervous as he was a while ago, that's what he wanted to make himself believe though a bigger part of his brains tells him another story.

Almost arriving to the destination, Taecyeon glanced to his wife one more time. She looked so distant though they are literally side to side with each other. He tried clearing his mind and feel ecstatic about the surprise he prepared for Yoona.

"Finally here" Taecyeon hopefully smiled at her and gently guided her down the luxurious car. It was a big help that Yoona wasn't wearing her gown anymore same as him who already changed to a simpler clothing.

When they set foot on the ground, he watched Yoona's face turn shocked and amused at the same time. She wasn't really expecting this. Honestly, who would?

"What are we doing here?"

"It's a surprise" He winked, dragging her inside. The place was very well crowded. People buzzing everywhere sounded with melody like a piece of an unfinished song mixed with occasional voice of the announcer.

"The airport's kind a packed, isn't?" Taecyeon shrugged as they walked deeper into the ocean of people. He noticed Yoona nodded in respond but obviously still clueless of what's happening. The original plan, the one Yoona was informed about, was they would be heading to a nearby five star hotel right after the wedding to spend their honeymoon night but obviously, it wasn't going as planned.

Finally, just few moments later, he saw the one he was looking for or rather the people he was looking for.

"TaecYeon, Yoona, over here!"

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Yoona heard a familiar voice chime from somewhere near. Unable to find the owners voice, she just followed where Taecyeon was bringing her to. Beside a big advertisement standee, a metal bench like the ones you normally see on airports was located.

"Eomma!?" She gasped when she saw her mom sitting on the bench and soon Krystal and her father appeared.

"I was worried you guys wouldn't make it" her mom hugged them both with each hand.

"What is happening?" She asked confused as she threw her mom and husband a questioning look.

"This guy over here wanted us to see you before we leave. he said it might be a good idea if to cheer you up" Her mom spoke with her eyes twinkling with joy. She glanced at Taecyeon who was scratching the back of his head.

For a second, she felt touched. She wanted to hug him tight for his effort but the pain is still to fresh and she couldn't bring herself to do it. She just smiled at his direction and it seem enough.

"Omo! I think that's our flight already" Her mom gasped.

"I'm really glad you two made it" her mom kissed her cheek sweetly and gave Taecyeon a brief yet warm hug. After the goodbyes and hugs to her family, they watched as they boarded the pain. Yoona feeling relieved as she watched her family leave safely. At least, they would be far to get involve to the mess.

As they walked back to the waiting limo outside the airport, she felt that Taecyeon deserved a thank you.

"Uhm... Thanks" She murmured as she watched him at the corner of her eyes.

"I'm happy you liked it" A satisfied smile crossed his lips

As the airport doors opened, a strong wind swished its way towards them, bringing shiver to her body. The air was getting colder and colder since winter is starting.

She noticed Taecyeon removing the piece of jacket and she felt the warm cloth was draped on her shoulders. Warming her freezing body caused by the sudden drop of temperature.

She wanted to love this moment. She wanted to forget the pain and just live a happy life. Her groom was a good person and it was no doubt that he loves her. If only it didn't happen... she would be the happiest wife in the world by now.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Taecyeon felt relieved when a small smile crossed her wife's lips. The way the corner of her lips curled as she admired her family gave him his own satisfaction. If he could only freeze the time and just look at that smiling face, he would definitely do so.

On their way back to the hotel inside the car, his phone chimed loudly. Sliding it out his pocket, he answered the incoming call.

"Oppa" the caller's voice was shaking and he immediately recognised the person. It was surely Tiffany, his sweet little sister. But why would she call on his honeymoon night.

"What's wrong?" He asked feeling worried after hearing the tone in his voice. He took a glance at his side and Yoona seem to notice the situation. She was watching him intently with the confused look.

 

 

There was seconds of silence on the other line before Tiffany's voice resurfaced.

 

 

"Oppa... D-dad's been ambushed"

 

 

a faint sob echoed through the line and a streak of tear fell unconsciously down his cheeks. His sight blurred badly and the phone almost slid down his hands but Yoona fortunately caught it.

"What's going on?" Yoona looked disturbed as she watched Taecyeon's condition.

Finally absorbing Tiffany's word's, with shaky hands he brought the phone back to his ears from Yoona's grasp.

"Tell... tell me more of the details" Taecyeon forced himself to be strong despite of the throbbing pain on his chest and listened to everything Tiffany spurted out. Each part of the story brought a pang of immerse pain in both his mind and chest and until now, he couldn't believe what was happening. But now that the strongest branch of the family tree is bound to break, he would need really need that courage and strength.

"How about mom... how is she?"

"We hid her in one of our vacation houses. They said everyone in the family is in danger until they find what the motive to the crime is" Taecyeon nodded even though he knows she wouldn't see.

"I'll... I'll be there. Wait for me" He mumbled, ending the call.

Feeling the urge to cry again, he buried his face into his palms until he felt the hands soothing his back.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Yoona couldn't imagine the pain in Taecyeon's face as he listened to the person he was talking to the phone. After he ended the call, he just sat there and buried his face on his hands. His broad shoulders were now slumped on the seat with a distressed look.

She couldn't decide what to do when she herself is also in pain. She pitied him and for a second the hurt subsided as she ran her hands through his back remembering it was one of the ways that would calm him down. Like when he accidentally bumped his car on the garage door one night few years ago. Yoona stayed up all night soothing his back and talking calm words to tell him it wasn' his fault and they could just bring the car to the auto shop the next day.

Taecyeon raised his head few moments later with a calmer look.

"Dad was ambushed" He spoke in a dull tone like he was trying to cover the pain that was visible through his eyes.

"What?!" she gasped shocked after hearing the news. That reason was enough to explain the rarely seen tears on his eyes. She was very well informed that Taecyeon wasn't the cry type guy but today, she saw genuine tears. But obviously, bumping your car and aving your dad ambushed are two really different stories.

"I'm going back to Boston first flight tonight" he mumbled, playing the leather band watch circling his wrist.

"And I'm going alone. I can't take the risk to put you in danger" he added.

 

 

 

Author's note:

Uhm... ? LOL I know the characters are suffering a 'super-little-too-much' (is that even right?) 

But yes, I know the sufferings are too much :))) much to drama and pain for both Yoona and Taecyeon....