Chapter 10

On The Run with The Past

 

With a gentle push, her soft lips collided with his. Like a million fireworks had fire, sparkles popped out of everywhere. Taec felt the undying pleasure as they took it further. He smirked as with one light push, Yoona fell backward towards the four-poster bed with roses lying on top of the mattress. A teasing look glinted on Yoona's eyes as she seductively tapped the spot beside her. Beads of sweat had its way down his face as the heat started to build up. If lust is something visible from the eyes, it could have been the steaming hot fog that occupied the small room.

 

Taec was prepared to take off when his eyes burst open. His head was filled with searing and unbearable pain. He gripped a handful of hair and in frustration he cried in sorrow. It’s been a whole week since he left Yoona, the love of her life.

The now he was in is merely different from the one in his dreams. The present can be seen to be dark, hateful, stinky, and failing. Like how his life turned from heaven to hell.

Emptied bottles of Jack Daniel's were scattered on the floor and the only light source was the small window that remained covered with a thickly made curtain.

He growled as another wave of nausea hit him. He scrunched his nose in disgust as he smelled the foul odour.

"What the hell?" he growled as he tried to stand up but the piece of squared thing slipped him and fell straight with his . He grabbed it eagerly and was about to send it away when it lit up.

"Thirty-five missed calls? What’s with everyone calling a lot?" He was scratching the back of his head when it rang noisily.

"Hello?" he greeted in a cold tone.

"Taec..." the voice on the other line spoke. He immediately recognized the voice and his blood rush.

"What are you calling for? Can’t get enough of getting into everyone's business?" He asked, pride winning over.

"Taec, I am not here to argue but to talk to you" Siwon replied in a firm tone.

"What do you want? Say it fast 'cause I don't have time for you"

"Can just please for a second stop being like a grumpy old man?" he asked, irritated.

"Fine. Just make sure you choose your words right"

"First of all, I'm doing this for you and yoona. I want to tell you that your acting so immature by this thing you’re doing. Your hiding like a five year old, taec"

"Ah, I thought you called me to talk but it seems that you're here to lect--"

"Can you please listen to me first?" siwon cut off.

"Taec, you know how bad this can affect you and Yoona, right? so I'm telling you to stop it right now" Siwon spoke, his voice eager.

"Are you ordering me around!?" he muttered harshly.

"No! but I sure hell telling you to. If something happens to Yoona by this childish act of yours I'l--"

"What!? You’ll gonna go find me and do what you did to Nick after what happened between Tiffany and him" The other side of the line went silent but he knew very well that Siwon's still on. His heavy breathing can be heard from the small piece of technology.

"Nick... you know he deserved it, Taec. You should be the one to know the answer 'cause she is your little sister"

Taec felt a pang of guilt as he heard siwon's words. he was right. In fact, he should be the one who did it. he should be the one who had that bastard in his hands. not Siwon who was just caring enough to do it.

"I-i... i cannot take this anymore" he stuttered shakily. Siwon, for how many years had been his bestfriend, knew his weaknesses well but isn't plotting it against him.

"Taec, you alright?" The furious Siwon was soon gone and the caring best friend is back. "I'm sorry I said that, Taec"

There was a long pause and only uneasy breathing from the both lines can be heard.

"Can you be honest with me, Siwon?" he spoke in a soft and calm tone.

"I would always be" Siwon replied.

"Do you like Yoona?"

"I'd be true and tell you yes, I do like her" another pause.

"But like I promised you before... I will never let a girl break this friendship we built for how many years. I may like her now but I promise to do nothing with it... I promise not to do something really stupid that will put all of us in miserable situation. Trust me, Taec"

"Goodbye." in a firm tone, Taec pressed the end button before Siwon could say a word.

 

 

 



Her eyes squinted; she tried to focus her eyes on the photographer on her front. she vaguely understood his instructions but sure enough he was indeed ogling right now. He'd pause time after time and seem to study her body passionately. Who the hell inside the small studio wouldn't? Males are surrounding her home base and it wasn't her fault the hell-of-a-stylist made her use this.

She was wearing an off shoulder and thinly made silk dress that hugged her body like a second skin for goodness sake! The cloth was only fair to hide her precious parts and if you were to see, it wouldn't be even enough to call a dress. It would be more like a remanufactured under garment.

She forced another pose despite of the urge to run and rip this dress off someone no one can see her and gave her best shot for the day. The middle aged photographer must have had his lusting fantasy done and called it for a day. Jessica rose from lying into a seated position and readjusted her 'dress'. A small and dark thing caught her attention as her eyes laid on her legs. It was an infinity symbol that was tattooed at the side of her legs, just below her hip.

The memories came rushing and a small drop of tear beaded her cheeks. Her friends in Paris had told her for many times to just move on and get over him. Easy for them to say… but for her, it wasn't just like that. They weren't the ones who cried in their sleep for years, the one experienced dreadful dreams that still haunts her until now, and the one who can still feel the boundless pain of what the past had brought.

She slowly closed her eyes and imagined how it felt to be in his arms again. The warmth and security she had always longed for.