Chapter

On The Run with The Past

 

Yoona turned her cart for the nth time around. It might be possible that she had rounded the whole shop for the past minutes.

She kept on looking for things that seem to be not visible to her sight. Her mind was drifting away right after she left the hospital. All that happened was something her brain is having some difficulty in absorbing.

Her next turn finally awakened her sleeping consciousness as she bumped her cart into another's.

"I'm sorry" she bowed her head several times as she apologized. Still her head low, she waited for a respond but nothing was heard, just a melodic chuckle that echoed in her ears.

Raising her head, her gaze met a petite woman in tinted glasses and over-sized hoodie standing in front of her. "Soo---" 

Before she could finish the supposed to be said name, a hand clasped . A naughty smile crossing the girl's lips as yoona stood shock from where she was standing.

"I told you not to call me by that name again and keep your voice down, someone might hear you"she whispered, still her palm close to her face. Yoona obediently nodded as the girl slowly released her.

"Why are you here and when did you come back?" Yoona asked with a low voice but audible enough for only the two of them to hear. her mind was filled with unbearable questions as her old and very best friend that was supposed to be continents away from her is standing in the closest spot possible.

"Last week" she smiled. Yoona held both of her hands and wrapped them with hers. "I missed you so much. why didn't you call me then?"

" I was so so busy but I really missed you too" she murmured with a girly chuckle at the end.

Yoona pulled her closer for a squishy-mushy hug. For like the longest minute of the day, she finally freed her from the hug.

"You fine?" the girl asked. Even though fine wasn't even a word that can describe the horrible situation she is in, she nodded in the most genuine way she can.

"Liar, you are obviously not" the girl said confidently like she knows her too well to even know what her every breath means. 

"Come, let's have you favourite coffee" The two, hand in hand, walked out of the shop after paying what's in their cart.

----

Taec walked past the lighted open kitchen and laid his worn out body in the soft couch.

It felt so tiring after the massive breakdown his car successfully played in the middle of the busy street few moments ago. The traces of black dirt mixed with his own sweat are still visible from his face and through some part of his body.

Yoona soon came to the view after organizing the groceries she bought. She glanced at Taec lying so restless in the couch. For the first look, she already knew his car broke once again.

for the past few days it's been like that but they couldn't do any repair. the bills are waiting and Taec's salary is barely enough to feed two mouths.

She dipped a towel in a luke warm water and kneeled beside the sleeping guy. he dozed off already before she made her way back.

as she wipped the dirt away from
his tanned skin, she thought of another way to help her family. maybe asking help from Taec wasn't a good idea.

He had done too much for her and too much is more than enough. Yoona is the only person who clearly knows how vulnerable and soft Taec is.

---

"Heard your car broke down. need help?" Siwon asked as he watch Taec give a big bite to his newly ordered burger.

"You know I don't accept help" He replied. 

"What do I expect?" Siwon shrugged. "Mr-oh-so-prideful-Ok doesn't accept help" he chuckled gaining a nudge through his ribs.

"Shut up. I'm eating, okay?" Taec muttered.

Siwon remained silent and occasionally taste his american fries until Taec is half-way finish with his burger.

"But really, are you satisfied with this kind of living?" 

"What kind?" Taec murmured, sipping through his soda.

"Uhm... simple? not fancy? or boring? you know... aunt and uncle Ok is just a phone away. you can call them anytime" Siwon suggested.

"This is a decent living and I would never in my life ask for their help" He confidently answered.

"Seriously Taec, they did nothing wrong but you're doing this to them" Siwon rolled his eyes.

"What am I doing?" 

"This. everything. isn't enough you leave them without notice?" 

"Siwon, I have my reasons" Taec place the half finished burger down his tray and glanced at Siwon.

"What reason? they gave you more than you asked for"

"that's exactly my reason. They gave me things I didn't ask for. I feel like I deserve nothing that I didn't work hard for. I want to have something... anything that I know i gave my own sweat and hard work" He stated.

Siwon was silent for a moment but a smile soon crossed his lip. "That's what makes you a really great man" 

"Shut up." Taec laughed. 

 

 

A/N 

I know the chapter's boring but trust me it will be useful for future. I just survived a week of stressful exams and requirements sio I got a week vacation and I hope I can update this week ^^ 

Give me suggestions, I need those ^^ and subscribe.