Her Past

On The Run with The Past

A/N: Here, in this chapter, Yoona's part will be the one on focus ;) Please do comment and subscribe ^^ 

 

[New Character: Jung Krystal]

 

Yoona checked her watch in his wrist. Luckily, the grocery store few streets away will not be closed until seven. after the bountiful dinner, their days supply of grocery was consumed.

she walked out of the establishment, trying her best to reach the place fast. she isn't planning on Taec coming back home and seeing all the mess that was still left.

Out of the blue, she started to walk slower when she felt someone watching her. her ears perked up and became more aware of her surrounding. she looked back fastly as she felt the stare again. her fast reflexes gained her to see a young looking woman trying to hide behind a wall.

Despite of the strangess she can feel, her curiosity won over her. she slowly walked to the direction, cautiously walking step by step.

"Krystal?!" she guessed as she saw the familiar face. the girl tried to run away but she caught her wrist. after the seconds of struggling, she was calmed down by a gentle hug.

Krystal started to cry in her chest as she felt her shirt starting to wet."Shhh... stop crying... Unnie's here" She brushed Krystal's  hair softly with her pearl white palm. Krystal stared at her directly with reddish eyes, having their height almost equal.

"Unnie... you need to know something" she tried hard saying in between her sobs. "What's wrong?"

"Come with me..." she whispered.

•••

The white floor looked dull as yoona watched her feet move above it. she raised her head and watched the girl walking before her.

a million thoughts are passing her mind in every second of silence between them. since Krytal dragged her there, she haven't spoken a single word that gives yoona the tension.

Krystal stopped in her tracks in front of a white door. "Unnie.." she finally faced her. "Wait for me here. I'll just go check something"

yoona nodded as she watched her enter the room, trying her very best not to take a peak on what's waiting inside. after few seconds, her gaze landed in a particular name printed below the room number beside the door.

she clasped her hands in as she shockedly read the name. Im Joohyun... her father.

the door suddenly swung open. "Unnie... come inside" Yoona froze in her place, not knowing what to do and is still in a shocked state. 

Krystal held her hand above her as her soft gaze  met hers "Trust me"

slowly her senses went back, taking few steps forward. Tears formed in her eyes as she looked at the man in front of her with a blurry sight.

Her father was lying in the white bed, weak and ill. his face changed so much from the last time she saw him. she can still remeber his smiling face that showed no sign of aging... but now with the white hair and wrinkled skin, he looked so old and worn.

"Yoona..." a woman suddenly wrapped her in a tight embrace. same as Krystal, she was emotional. Yoona hugged back and sniffed her familiar scent. she missed her mother so much.

She felt like all of the memories she tried to forget for all the years came back in just a second and the things she hid in the innermost corner of her mind finally freed themselves. All the hardships her relationship with her family suffered just for her selfish love.

"yo..ona..." she heard a husky and hoarse voice called her name. she pulled back to the hug and saw his father staring at her, close to tears. she stared at him, shining with the liquids wrapping his eyes. For how many years hadn't he called her by her name?

She walked closer to the bed and stood beside her. "Appa... mianhe..." she blubbered as tears continously rolled down to her cheeks. 

trying all his might, his father reached for her cheeks and slowly, he wiped them away with his thumb.

"Don't cry... I understand now" he smiled. undeniably glad with what he said, yoona hugged her with all her left energy. it felt so warm after all the nights she spent seeking for a father's hug.

•••

"Please explain further" she demanded from the man in white coat in front of her. 

"As I was saying, this is your father's second heart attack and honestly speaking, i don't know what will happen if the thirds comes" He frowned. yoona stared at the thing hanging on his neck. nothing more to say and had no clue on what to do. everything happened so fast her mind wasn't able to register every single detail.

"Ms Im, I advice him to have a surgery as soon as possible because we don't want to wait for a third right?" He questioned. Yoona nodded obediently which gave him relief.

"I really hope you can convince your father... he really needs it" he admitted. The doctor walked towards the hallway, leaving a worried Yoona.

"Unnie..." she saw Krystal standing beside her. "Appa will surely disagree. The amount of money it requires is too large even selling our house wouldn't do"

"We aren't selling the house. that's our only possession... " 

"But what are we gonna do?" Krystal asked.

"I'll find a way. I promise" she assured.