Chapter 16

On The Run with The Past

 

Chapter dedicated to: Ginykish - Taecyoonride - 9pm_forever - Fantacy

 

 

The morning was eerie and strangely quite even a drop of needle could be heard until a phone chimed noisily in a redundant manner. Taec hastily grabbed his phone which was placed on the right side drawer of the bed.

"Hello, who's this?" He asked in a graven and deep voice caused by the recent deep sleep. He wasn't still full-awaken and he could barely see anything by how the bright sun light peeked through the windows, a reminder why he always needed to close the curtains before he sleeps at night. It might be Yoona who opened it and told him last night that she needed to pass by her mom's house early tomorrow for an important matter. He insisted to come but Yoona just snapped and asked him to stay home, not that he couldn't offer any help but he'll just get tired from the long hours of travel and the wedding is soon barely counting four days.

"Hey, Mr Ok" A voice of a familiar girl purred onto the line and he couldn't be mistaken for its owner. The way lust and seduction laced through her words was enough to make him puke in disgust and... Guilt.

"UEE?" He tried the best calm voice he could muster to cover the nervousness that was starting to build up inside him. Something was wrong. UEE never called him on any occasion even when they were still 'buddies' years ago.

"Good you still remember" her voice sounded sweet but Taec knew too well there was something behind the sarcasm.

"What do you want?" he almost snapped by how irritated he was but just ran a hand through his dishevelled and mopped hair that was pointing in all directions. Morning hair but that isn't obviously the problem right now.

"Me? I actually don't... but I know someone. Someone who's really eager to get back on you" She giggled. Taec furrowed his brows and got confused.

"What are you saying? and why are you even calling?" He growled feeling such irritation.

"Don't worry I'm about to say goodbye. Just one more thing, remember that I warned you, okay?" before he could even ask what she was saying, the line went dead and he faced back the silence that was silently eating the place.

 

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

 

Yoona yawned as she watched trees pass by the window. The familiar surroundings brought so many memories she got tired thinking and reminiscing what was in the past. The old tree that had a small rubber tire hanging on one of its branches was a sign she was near home as she used to play with it after school during childhood. The bus came to a halt and made a screeching noise against the gravel road.

She stood up and walked her way on the aisle in between the seats. As she stepped foot on the sidewalk, a green mail post in front of a house caught her attention. The painting of flowers, butterflies, and various shapes a child's imagination could think was painted in different colours on each sides of the post. A proud smile crossed her lips remembering it was her and Krystal’s doing one boring summer.

Walking on the sloppy ground, the silhouette of the house became clearer and turned into an image. Its beauty seems to not fade. The ceiling hung high but not as high like mansions and the exterior was embodied with extravagant patterns but just enough to look presentable as it was just a home for a family. Slipping through the unlocked gates, she marched her ways unto the front doors.

She placed a pointing finger in front a button that connects inside the home but before her fingers touched the surface, the door swung open.

"welcome home" Her mom appeared with a longing look on her eyes and a warm smile on her full lips that brightened the house even more.

She was expected.

 

 

---

 

 

The smell of roasted chicken hung loose on the air. Yoona was sitting on the big and comfy couch while Krystal sat on her opposite, grinning widely as she admires her sister. Yoona blinked and thought she saw a hint of sadness in her eyes but Krystal showed her a happier one.

"I'm glad you're back" Krytals spoke in a calm manner. "Mom wants to tell you something that's why she called you"

"I know and curiosity's killing me" She joked, stuffing a cushion on her lap.

Her mom soon reappeared with blood red eyes and she knew fun time was over.

"Lunch is ready"

Together, the three of them walked into the dining area that was connected to the kitchen. Her father sat on the head of the table with a bottle of dextrose standing on his side. After the operation, this was the worse she saw him but despite of that, his father gave her a weak smile and gestures for them to sit.

Yoona sat on the chair she used for the eighteen years of her life. her back rested on the familiar mahogany wood and she immediately felt how much she missed this.

This.

Krystal sitting on the side, her mom in front, and her dad at the other side with his hand entwined with her mother's. She missed having a family.

Even though she considered Taec also as a family, it wasn't enough. She needed a mother, a father, and a sister.

Few seconds later, as she was slicing the meat of a chicken, a sob caught her attention. Raising her head, she saw her mom's head vowed and a glint that looked like tears fell loosely on her cheeks.

"What's wrong?" she asked nervously. Everyone went silent and no one seem to move and inch. Krytal's knife hung in the air, her mother's sobs stopped, and everything just went dead.

"I said what's wrong?" she repeated in a stronger tone few breathes later. she spared a glance to Krystal but she seemed unmovable same as her mother.

"We're leaving." A deep and manly voice at her side spoke. Yoona met her father's gaze and in just a second, his eyes spoke a lot of emotions. Sadness. Regret. and Hope.

"W-what? what are you saying?" she stuttered feeling the situation was utterly fathomable.

"Your father... you're father's condition is going worse" Her mother's voice echoed through her mind and was dazed for a moment.

"What? I really can't understand. The operat---"

"It was a fifty-fifty, Yoona. It's either I get healed or I get worse. I knew that even before the operation" Her father cutted her off.

"A-are you... dying?" her hands trembled as tears blurred her eye sight. she just had her family back and it's gonna hurt worse losing them again.

"Maybe. maybe not" the poker face his father was pissing her. he always think he was a super human or something.

"There was an alternative. The doctor said before that if the operation fails, he could heal himself on the natural way" Her mom held her father's hand as hope glimmered on her eyes.

"And that's what we're gonna do"

Yoona slumped on her chair and thought how happy she was back the when she had her family back. but like a dream, it also has an end. a waking end.

"We'll leave right after you're wedding to bring your father in a small institute in Manhattan where he could recover from the disease by living organic and surrounded by fresh air and trees" Her mother's tone spoke in finality, a very different side of her. But she could understand her. if Taec and her was put in a situation this kind, she would also choose what's best for him despite of how much it hurts.

"What about Krystal, she's still too young to stop studying?"

"The institute also offers education inside the facilities for the patient's family. they are in good will to help the patients as same as their families"

Tears one by one fell on her cheeks as the thought of not being with them again crushed her heart. Soon, a pair of arms engulfed her in a hug. She raised her head and met her mother's beautiful brown eyes that shimmered under the sunlight.

"We'll really miss you again but promise me you would pay a visit even once in a year, okay?" Yoona hesitated for a minute. Will she really be able to let them go again for the second time again?

"Promise." despite of the throbbing pain in her chest, said the word.

 

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

 

Yoona gasped as she faced the mirror. Her hair was bun neatly at the back with few spiral strands of hair hanging loose. It looked neat but as gorgeous. The white gown fitted her perfectly and the sparkling beads where everywhere like a fey sprinkled her pixie dusts.

Jessica, her maid-of-honour, soon stood at the doorway, grinning like a maniac and healthier compared to when they found her two days ago in her condo, drowned in bottles of beer and wasn't even conscious enough to stand on her own.

When she came near, the image of the girl lying limp on the floor appeared on her mind. She was so drunk and weak by days of not eating.

"Promise me something will ya?" she gurgled, swaying and empty bottle on the air as she tried to stand her up. her weight was a grudge but Yoona still tried pushing her up.

"Hey! I'm talking to you! will you promise me something?" Yoona slumped and aborted the mission of stand little-miss-drunk and just nodded her head.

"Okay, what do you want?" she sighed, sitting back to the couch and watched her best friend lie half-conscious on the ground.

"If someone does something really reaaally unforgivable, you will forgive them, okay? No running away or facing back... promise?" Jessica fought to stand and look at her in the eyes, waiting for her to answer.

Yoona hesitated for a moment, inspecting Jessica as she stared at her with half-opened eyes. Is she really going to make a promise with a drunken person?

After few moments, Jessica still had the same look of hope on her eyes. Brown orbs sparkling over the darkened room.

"Okay. I promise if that's what you want but first, get your up and let's go to your room before Taec comes with the medicine to ease you up. Faster, chop-chop" she murmured and watched Jessica get up and walk in a tipsy manner.

"Hey, Ms Daydreamer" Yoona snapped and saw Jessica waving her hands in front of her face. "Are you having wedding-jitters? You look out of the world"

Jessica chuckled and Yoona just threw her a killer glare.

"And what's with Ms Drunkard pissing the bride off?" She retorted back, humour seen in her eyes.

"Funny. Yoona. really." Jessica replied in a boring tone, rolling her eyes. Soon, the two burst laughing with their hands clutching their stomachs.

After the laughter-filled meeting with her best friend, Yoona was again left along while Jessica went back outside to check if the wedding is already starting. They cannot let the bride be late when it's time for her to walk down the aisle.

Nervously playing with the beautiful bouquet in her hands, she inspected the gown more clearly. Glamorous flowers were on the laces that covered her arms while a four layer balloon gown covered her bottom but somewhat the tailors made it feel like it weight nothing. While her eyes were merely focused on the gown, a soft knock chimed inside the small white room.

She immediately stood up from the small couch and opened the door expecting Jessica on the other side of it.

Silence.

No one was there but only a gust of wind welcomed with the silence looming the hallways of the church. Yoona looked down and a black boxed covered with a big red ribbon lie on the floor.

Kneeling down she hesitated but took it inside otherwise. She placed it on one of the tall tools as she stood back glaring murderously to the thing. She was having an internal battle on her mind as she slid her fingers to the sides of the box, sensing suspicion. Placing a cold hand through the surface, she lifted the lid off and...

Yoona gasped as her body started to shake incoherently. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing and couldn’t help but to fall on her knees with the clinic gown she was wearing. She felt her chest tighten in pain as her tears cascaded down her cheeks.

“This isn’t true… this isn’t happening!”

 

 

 

Images.

 

 

 

The box was filled with images.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hoot! What do you think... will there be a wedding or none? Haven't updated for quite a while ^^ I actually just strated a new TaecFany FF but I easily got bocked. My mind was focused on this story so maybe I'll just stay with this one for now :D

Comments, votes, subscribes, and feedbacks are highly appreciated :) if you have questions, don't bother to ask :)