Chapter 11

On The Run with The Past

 

 

The roaring engine of the plane that's about to land woke him or merely made his eyes open. The nightmares haven’t ended and a peaceful sleep is still what Ok TaecYeon was seeking for. Blur images of the past bonding with Yoona keeps on hunting him in his sleep. The entwined hands, tight hugs, and sweet kisses are just few to mention.

He glanced at his side and finally the infant sitting beside him and the one who wailed in his attempts to sleep finally left with his mother. It might not be that good experience but that made him mulling. Will 'they' in the future have a child that wholesome even though it kept crying. Will they? Yoona and him?

He closed his eyes for a second and pictured the girl and a baby in her arms. He took a long deep breathe and smiled. It was such a wonderful image.

He stood up and walked out only to see the crowded airport of his home. He was finally back in Boston.

 

 

 

 

Yoona took a long sip of the water and stared at the blue sky from the clear glass window. It was a indeed breathe-taking scenery that never fails to give her the cozy feeling. The bricked house of their neighbour standing right in front of the window and the flower beds that lay in acres gave it a picturesque atmosphere.

"Are you feeling fine?"

Yoona looked back at her shoulder and saw her mom standing in her daily aprons looking simply gorgeous despite of the aging visible from any man's eye.

"Hmm" she nodded.

"Are you sure?" she asked in a gentle voice. Yoona was nothing but a transparent person in her mother's eyes. She could see her pain and suffering as clear as a sunny day.

"I am" She smiled slightly and in a reassuring voice she responded.

Her mom stared vaguely at her and took her shoulders by her arms.

"I know you need something like this... go have fun" as she was engulfed in her embrace, her mom took out a small white envelope.

"What's this?"

"You know just some pocket money and a letter from your Korean friend from where you studied Paris. she asked me personally yesterday if you could come with her and have some 'girl' vacation" her mom beamed.

"But how about da--"

"Shhh! I could take care of that. I've been doing that for years, right?" her mom cut her off with a wink.

Yoona thought for a second. Having fun with her very best friend isn't that bad.

Yoona smiled and her mom gave her another round of tight hug.

"By the way, why is SooYeon here in Korea? I've missed that kid a lot but isn't she having her stardom in Paris?" her mom asked with a confused look.

"Mom, it's Jessica not SooYeon. You know how much that girl hates her Korean name. She might give us another one of her 'dolphin shrieks'" Yoona chuckled wholeheartedly.

"Okay, okay. But tell her to come tonight for dinner. I'll cook her favourite meal before you two go in that vacation"