Chapter 21

On The Run with The Past

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT1UprKtU5qll6mm1ru8Q

ON THE RUN

-PART II-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT1UprKtU5qll6mm1ru8Q

 

 

 

The trees made the barest noise as the wind brushed through it. It was mid spring and various kinds’ flowers bloomed and scattered the uphill where the young boy laid his back against the cool and green grass. His arms were crossed at the back of his head as it served as his pillow.

"The sky is so blue, isn't?" Breaking the silence that enveloped the surrounding, he breathed a sigh. The eerie atmosphere was starting to get deafening.

The girl on his arms turned her head and he caught the glimpse of her gorgeous face. The sun illuminated her youthful skin and he couldn't avoid but to involuntarily blush. She smiled at him… Her red and full lips curving into a slight arc.

Her eyes studied him as the unshed tears started to suddenly pour down. She cried silently as he watched her tears fall down her rosy cheek, wetting her thick and long lashes on the process. She's still as pretty even when crying, he thought.

He tried hushing her to stop but she couldn't help the liquids her eyes are producing as the thought of him leaving passes her mind constantly. She was starting to feel the longing for him.

"Please stop crying. I couldn't leave if you're like this" He begged her, his thumb gently wiping the tears away. If he could only take the pain to his own, he would... He really would just to not see her like this.

Later that night he would be leaving the small town and travel few continents away. The distance would soon set them apart but no matter how much he hates it, he couldn't do a thing. His father abandoned him and his mother is now back to his life after the fourteen years he spent without her.

"I... will miss you..." She whispered in between the sobs. Her eyes were now as red and puffy from crying and each second he sees her like this, it breaks his heart.

"I will come back... I promise"

Gently turning her head, he rested it against his chest. He enveloped her on his arms, thinking of freezing the moment forever. Just like that, the two lay down under the warm shade of the tree, hearing each other's heart beating and turning oblivious of the world outside.

"I will come back for you... Im Yoona" He whispered against her ear, kissing the top of her head. It was a very innocent love but at that age he already felt what having someone you value as your world feels like.

Now, both fully stood up under the tree, they were ready to bid goodbye when their eyes met. Yoona noticed how handsome his eyes were, glimmering with the dark brown shade and the sun illuminating on side of his face. Her sight slowly descended and she now stared back at his thin red lips.

Tiptoeing up, she planted her lips against his... Feeling the warm sensation in her tummy as she savoured the feeling of his lips… It felt like a fairy tale. She was the princess and he was the prince.

"I will wait for you..." She whispered softly.

It was... young love... their first love.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

After six years

(refer to the time in Chapter 20)

 

The little boy ran hurriedly on the backyard as soon as he set foot on the ground. He just got home from the day care centre her mom enrolled him and to where he barely made friends with his introvert personality. Longing for his closest friend, he reached the place by few large steps.

"Steph!" He ran to the six year old girl who was playing on the small picnic blanket on the ground with her dolls sprawled on the floor having their daily tea time.

The little girl showed a cheeky smile and hugged the boy abruptly back. Showing their years of friendship, the boy sat safe on her side and entwined their hands.

"Uncle Khun, is Steph going to stay for tonight?" The boy pouted as he asked the man standing beside them, hoping they could spend the Friday night watching his favourite movie ‘Up’ in his bedroom or he would even allow watching Disney for the sake of Steph's enjoyment. But that is only if his mom would allow him to.

"Yup. This baby girl here is staying for the night Lil' guy" He grinned, tapping his head lightly as he kneeled down beside the two kids.

"Yipee!" The boy cheered with a toothy grin lingering on his youthful face. Khun smiled back as he admired the handsome face that's charming him over and over again.

After Steph had made Khun play with them, he spent a good hour with the children before the familiar roaring of a car engine chimed its way from the front lawn.

"Mommy!" excitement showed on his face as they heard the gate's screeching sound.

"Jo Hyun, be careful!" Khun warned as he watched the boy ran its way inside. A small smile crossed his lips as he held his daughter to stand.

 

 

•••

 

 

Yoona just got down the car when she saw the little boy running eagerly fast to reach her. His small feet were making much effort to fasten the speed and he almost tripped on the three-step stair down the house porch.

She kneeled down and opened her arms wide open with anticipation. Catching him in a warn hug, Jo Hyun wrapped his own around her neck and planted sweet kisses on her face. Yoona giggled as the little boy grinned in amusement.

"How was it, mommy?" His eyes glinted with a curious look and waited for her mom's response.

"It was fun" Yoona smiled the best she could and kissed her son's forehead. Jo Hyun is a very sweet boy and considering his young age, he is a really smart one too.

Jo Hyun's deep black hair mopped his head while the unusually large ears were sticking out of it as the sun shone the sky.

"How's the best kid in town?" Dong Hae interrupted, hiding the white bag of surprise behind his back. Jo Hyun looked up and smiled at the only man on his life closest to a father figure. Though Yoona had reminded him every single day that Dong Hae wasn't his father, Jo Hyun didn't treat him any less than that.

"Is that something you're hiding behind your back?" The kid innocently asked as he tried to take glimpse of the thing but Donghae naughtily turned to his side.

Grinning like a maniac, DongHae slowly revealed the toy he and Yoona bought from the date they just had. The first date Yoona had approved after how many years of him waiting.

In just a span of few years, their life had turned upside down especially for Yoona. When she left her husband and found herself in a strange state as she woke up from passing out in front of DongHae, it was the start of a new life.

Finding out she was pregnant was the hardest thing that came her path. Fully decided that she would give TaecYeon a second chance for the sake of her child, she fought her way to be back with the guy she loves. But after few days of waiting and few attempts of finding him, she gave up. She did everything to know his whereabouts but no one could tell where he is, even DongHae who eagerly offered to help her and was at her side all the time.

... And it breaks her heart every time the thought of being abandoned by her husband passes her mind. Every single time she sees her sons face was a constant reminder of the past she badly wanted to truly forget.

He left, She left... she went back... she waited... but he was already gone.

 

 

 

A/N:

Just survived the first week of college and it was totally and utterly chaotic may I say and that's why I haven't updated for a while. My mind is still on the edge so sorry for the crappy chapter :)

By the way, the first part which was written like this is the flash back. Each chapter, I would start it with a flash back ;)

I am aiming for 100 subscribers so I am quite inspired to write ^^

Thank you and I would love to hear your comments and ideas.