Chapter 19

On The Run with The Past

The night was abnormally dark that night. The silence was killing him and he couldn't come to sleep. He was having a hard time absorbing the things that are happening and pondering is giving him a bad headache. If only Yoona was here, she could calm him down or hum him to sleep. She was the only girl in the world who had that fascinating ability. It was like taming a beast, he chuckled.

Finally giving up on his attempt to sleep, he slid out his phone.

"Are you still up? P.s I miss you so much already"

He grinned as he texted Yoona. After few minutes of waiting for a reply, he just decided to text Jessica.

"Are you awake?"

"Aren't you on your honeymoon? :/ " Jessica immediately replied.

"No. Needed to go back to Boston. Dad's been shot"

Only few seconds after he sent the text, his phone started ringing. Few nearby passengers who were unfortunately awakened by the noise threw him dirty looks. Taecyeon muttered his sorry and answered the phone.

"What happened?!" Jessica's booming voice welcomed the other line.

"Calm down, will you?" He sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

"What are you saying uncle was shot?" She was in total panic state and Taecyeon just shook his head. Jessica treated his family like her own and no can blame as his family treated the same. His father was like Jessica's another father in another life. When he and Jessica were still together, it was like a family Sunday every time she visits his house.

"I can't talk long but I promise to tell you everything when I get back. I'm inside the plane" He murmured leaning his back on the cushion and feeling even the slightest relaxation possible.

"Are you okay?"

"I'll be lying if I am going to say I'm fine" He chuckled weakly, glancing at the stewardess at the side who was glaring at him.

"Is Yoona with you?"

"No and that's actually why I'm calling. I don't know how long this would take... so could you check on her? She’s not replying on me" Glancing at the watch on his wrist, he noticed it was already past eleven.

"Sure. I'll visit your apartment after this"

"Thank you and goodnight before the stewardess comes lunging on me" He tried to joke and make her smile.

"Good night too and take care"

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

After the phone call with Taecyeon, she grabbed the keys on the table and drove to the apartment. She felt something was off. Why would Yoona not reply?

Still on her pyjamas, Jessica made her way through the stone path way. After few knocks, she decided that it won't do. She tried if the door was locked and miraculously, it wasn't.

She made her way inside only stopping in front of one of the rooms.

"What the hell are you doing, Yoona?!" She gasped, seeing few bags on the floor. Yoona, herself, was in the midst of rummaging her closet when Jessica entered.

The room was in a chaos. Here and there, things were scattered and the room was missing few items like Yoona's closet which is almost emptied.

"What are you doing here, Jessica?" She looked taken aback and forcedly pushed few shirts inside one of the bags.

"What are you doing?! Are you planning to leave?" Jessica tried to pry the bag away from Yoona but she pulled it back.

"Not your business to mind" She growled.

"You're leaving Taec in this time he needs you most?" Jessica amusedly retorted.

"Are you crazy?!" She fumed in anger as Yoona continued piling her bag with her belongings.

"I need to go now" Yoona walked past Jessica, brushing shoulders.

"No. You're not going without hearing what happened" She stopped Yoona and stared straight through her eyes.

"Five minutes. You have five minutes before I miss my flight" Yoona nonchalantly spoke while crossing her arms in her chest.

"You're going out of the country?" She asked, dazzled by the newly found information.

"Yes. And after that... live like you never knew me" fell loose and for a second, she caught a glint of sadness in her eyes.

"You're wasting your time"

Jessica took a deep breath and told her everything. From the time she invited Yoona knowing Taecyeon would be there to the time she saw her leaving with Taecyeon.

"So, does that mean you got something to do with these?" Yoona sighed, looking disappointed.

"A-at first... yes" She murmured, head low. "But Yoona, I stopped and just accepted the fact that me and Taecyeon aren't going back together. I gave up on him"

"Yoona!" She exclaimed when Yoona started walking out the room.

She hastily grabbed Yoona's shoulder and made them face each other.

"Please don't leave. I know I shouldn't have come back and I sh--"

"You know what? We're all living Pinocchio here so just stop... stop asking me to not leave" Yoona snapped, making her flinch.

"I believed you when you told me to trust in you... and guess what… I knew everything before you came"

"What are you saying?" Jessica was confused and didn't know what she was saying.

"DongHae. He told me everything that happened"

Jessica felt her knees turn jelly and sadness flooded her body.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Yoona used all the strength on her body she could muster to make herself not cry. She knows that someday she would regret this decision. When the time comes, she'll not forget to remind herself that this was her choice. This is how she wanted it to happen.

She hailed a cab with shaky hands and immediately after she closed the cab door, tears sprawled down her eyes and sobs escaped her eyes.

"I'm sorry... I'm really sorry... I just really need to" She cried over and over again. The cab driver gave her a sympathetic look and offered some tissues then continued his driving.

"That Lee DongHae! I'm going to find him!"  She mentally shouted, noting to find the guy responsible for all that happened.

Lee DongHae was the reason she couldn't face the man she loves more so being his wife without seeing how he betrayed her. It was his smart tactics that fooled her and made her heart hate the guy she promised to be with forever. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be here now... running away to chase him and make him pay the cost of his actions.

She would take revenge for Taecyeon even if it takes for her to leave him. She wouldn't take doing nothing knowing DongHae is out there, planning his plots to destroy her husband’s life.

 

Taecyeon’s life.

 

After Donghae had his little storytelling with Yoona, he didn’t forget to tell yoona his future plans. The plans she must now stop.