Chapter 20

On The Run with The Past

If there was someone who understands love more than anyone, it was Lee DongHae. A grimace appeared on his lips. The picture on his hands has the image of one fine young woman. Thin lips, doe like eyes, and perfectly angular jaws that brings out a different yet charismatic look. She was beautiful... yet indifferent.

He chuckled. What did his brother see on this woman to act so foolish... so idiotic?

Crumpling the image, he threw it straight unto trash bin on the corner. It was a waste of time, though at first he felt a spark of rare interest for her. It was absurd. He couldn't fall for her. Yoona, she is just a simple and common girl... in love.

When he saw how fast her face turned pale while telling her about the lies, he was tempted to shook his head. The girl was deeply, madly, and passionately in love with his brother and she was clueless!

He took a chug of beer down his throat. If she could just give more attention to her emotions, she wouldn't be horrid by now. She would know that she still loves the guy no lesser the day before.... despite of everything that happened.

She was only blinded by the anger... temporary emotion.

He knows it because, once upon a day, it was him who was in the same place as her. Love is really complicated isn't?

One moment you would swore to hate yet on the second later... you would risk you're life for love. It's hard to understand but love is really like that. It's a messy cycle you need some courage to face.

If only people would open their eyes and lend their ears to hear out what the heart talks than the mind, they would know the answers. The heart has its own mind.

But faith was too cruel for him. The time he finally heard what his heart was telling him to do so... it was already too late. He couldn't do anything but to just watch her from a far. Regretting every second he missed and every opportunity he didn't grab to confess his heart's desire.

While she was happily close within his warm arms, he was a far sadly away.

While she was laughing with his cheesy jokes, he was crying for the pain his heart was whispering.

While she was having her sweet dreams at night, he was having his terrifying nightmares.

He'd been through a lot. yet instead of finally moving on, he waited... because those heartaches prove only one thing.

It was true love.

He knew it to himself when he asked himself one day "Why do you still love her?" Yet he gave himself no explanation but he knows what he felt was genuine. What guy would be willing to suffer for someone that much but still loves her at the end of the day?

A guy in love.

"We're the same Im Yoona" he whispered more to himself. Yoona is just the same as him. Willing to do everything and anything for the person she loves. That, he couldn't deny, Taecyeon was lucky to have.

"What?" the guy lounging on the floor asked, his mind half focused to the game and to DongHae.

"Shut up, Nick" He growled to the guy. It irks him when his thoughts are disrupted. Nichkhun scratched the back of his head and focused his attention back to match on the TV. It was the only relaxation he could get after being dragged to Korea.

DongHae glared at the back of Nichkhun's head. He pity the guy so much but no can do. Nickhun was pestering him for the past few days to get done and go back to America. His few months old daughter with Tiffany was all Nichkhun could think of for the first second they landed on Korea. Though Tiffany and Khun's relationship isn't going too well after he was caught cheating, he could still see his child and he owes that to DongHae.

He glanced at the phone lying on the arm of the couch when the screen lit up. He smirked as the familiar name appeared on his screen. He's been expecting it.

 

"Where the hell are you?! Yoona just left. What did you tell her?" A text message popped.

 

Dongha grinned. Such a gullible girl, he thought. It only took him few persuasive words to convince her he was one dangerous guy who could ruin her husband's life.

But he couldn't deny he is a really smart guy. Only if his parents gave him the same attention they gave his older brother, he could have showed them he deserved to be the successor. But no, it won't do.

His father only has one child and that's Taecyeon. That’s why despite of his brother's elope act, they still chose him as the sole heir of Ok Corp. Taecyeon didn't deserve the title... he did.

He dedicated his whole life for that company. He graduated a business course in Harvard University just to work dedicatedly to his family's corporation. Now, he is Lee Donghae, Vice President of Ok Corp. It sounds great yet it isn't enough. He should have gotten more than that.

But he will and always would be... a child of his mother from another man.

"Dude, you're phone's ringing" Nichkhun was looking curiously at him. He snapped out of his thoughts and grabbed the phone.

Donghae talked with the other person a while until he ended it with a shocked look on his face.

"Nick, grab your bags. We're heading back to Boston"

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Taecyeon listened digilently to the inspector who was explaining what happened. Tiffany was clutching his hands to comfort him but he couldn't avoid but to appear gloomy.

His dad was already sent in the funeral homes when the hospital declared him to be dead on arrival. The fact itself shook his world upside down. His father who used to teach him baseball at Sundays was now gone. The one person who trusted him with everything is now dead cold.

After the inspector left, two people ushered them inside a black car to be sent to a safe house. The police authorities were in red alert after another attempt on ambush happened in their house few hours ago. Thankfully, their mother was already on their private vacation house and Tiffany was already with the authorities when the villains arrived in their home. No one got badly hurt except for few people who were injured after the shower of bullets.

"We really insist for both of you to stay on the safe house until we clear everything" He remembered the inspector telling them before they leave.

The tension in the car was almost palpable. Tiffany was obviously as terrified as Taecyeon but she was good at hiding it. They side by side sat on the leather seat with their hands tightly entwined together.

"Where is your fian-- I mean wife? You got married yesterday, right?" Tiffany asked, drawing circles with her thumb.

Taecyeon nodded in respond but kept silent. That was another thing he was getting worried about. Expectedly, he was supposed to be at her side right now. Even though he tried to cheer her up, he knows she is still distressed after her family's departure.

This is the time they actually need each other so desperately but with the current situation, they couldn't be.

"How was Steph?" He suddenly asked, curious where his little niece is at.

"She's with my Seohyun and Yonghwa. They offered to look after her until everything calms down" She murmured, a glint of relief visible through her eyes.

"and she's already starting to crawl" Tiffany added with a motherly smile looming on her face.

"That's really good" He sighed with a warm smile crossing his lips. Taecyeon glanced outside the window and silently studied the sky. It was starting to get dark and the orange clouds are scattered on the view. When his view caught on the back, he noticed two black cars pulling on their side.

"What wrong?" He asked the driver when he noticed the car fasten. The car was almost beating the limit and it was going illegal.

"Nothing, sir" The driver nervoulsy answered, a rivulet of sweat seen on his forehead.

"Who's this?" he noticed Tiffany answering her phone with a curious glare.

"What?!" She suddenly shrieked, making the car driver flinch in shock. Tiffany then looked at him with a vile look.

Taecyeon furrowed his brows in confusion and waited until the call ended.

"Who was it?" he asked.

"Jes... jessica" She murmured uncertainly.

"She.. she told me Yoona left"

"What?!" He growled. The driver flinched on the second time and looked back at them.

"Can you two please refrain from shouting inside the car?" He shuddered with irritation. Taecyeon also notice him taking a strange glance on the rear view mirror. The black cars are still following them.

"Can we go back? Something important came up?" He muttered with not much thought. All he could think back is Yoona missing and he knows something's not right happening back to Korea.

"What?" Tiffany confusedly asked as he watched Taecyeon pester the poor driver.

"Sorry Sir but I can't. I have strict orders not to go anywhere but the safe house alone" The driver shrugged as he took a faster speed with the car. Taecyeon threw him a dirty look in frustration.

"Then just stop the car! I'm going down" He challenged, grabbing the coat on his side. The driver again flinched in horror and his face turned pale. Taecyeon's deep voice could sometimes be scary.

"Taec! are you crazy?!" Tiffany exclaimed looking flustered.

"I need to find Yoona. Please understand" He spoke with an explicit tone.

When she noticed the car slowing down, Tiffany almost jumped into her seat.

"Are you seriously going to stop the car?!" She asked the driver who feigned ignorance by shrugging his shoulders.

"No! Please no! Don’t leave the car! it's dangerous out there!" She cried, grasping his brother's arm. The car was already on full stop and was already parked on the side of the road.

Taecyeon shook her hand away and Tiffany watched his brother walk out the car with tears blurring her eyes. With one last look on her sister, Taecyeon patted her sister's head with a sweet smile and walked down the car. Tiffany could be such be a baby sometimes. When the car door was closed, they immediately took off.

Tiffany was in awe and frozen on the seat... her tears unconsciously stopped. She thought she saw a his face glow when the smile crossed is thin lips. The very light atmosphere that clouded the area caused her a shiver. What was that?

A screeching sound made her jump into her seat. She looked back and saw two black cars stop in front of her brother. She couldn't help but feel rather suspicious.

"Stop!" She gasped in horror when she saw men in suits were getting out of the car and were walking towards where her bother is at. Taecyeon looked threatened but stood his ground when they approached him. After a short conversation...

Her eyes grew big and sobs escaped her lips as she watched the scene unfold. Her eyes closed in immense shock and her hands trembled with sweat... 

 

 

A gunshot was heard.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Yoona was feeling light headed as she climbed on the set of stairs. She was experiencing nausea for quite a while that day but when she looked up and saw the doors, determination flared inside her. She must reach that... because behind the doors is the person she despise a lot. She should reach that and take her revenge.

Clutching the bars tightly around her sweaty palms, she pulled herself up before she throws up again from diziness.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

 

Donghae was in a panic. They were rummaging the closets in fast speed to finish packing up and catch the first flight that night. They need to go back as soon as possible.

Nichkhun already had his bag and he motioned him through the door.

Twisting the knob, Donghae almost had his jaw loose when he saw the person standing in front of him.

"Long time no see" Yoona grimaced.

 

 

 

Author's note:

 

Ooops! Honestly, I, myself, don't understand why this is becoming so tragic. But I just couldn't help it. I love complications and that I realised why I am not suitable for writing romantic fictions ^^

Hopefully, in the next few chapter, I would be able to write lovey dovey.

That was one long chapter so meet you all again on the next update ^^ and Maybe the next chapter would take place few years later*spoiler*

I would really love to hear your comments, thoughts, and ideas (it inspires me) and don't forget to VoteCribe -Vote&subscribe-

Thank you all!