Chapter 12

On The Run with The Past

 

The sun was up brightly as Yoona enjoyed her hot coffee. The unfamiliar surroundings she was currently gazing made her realize how beauty can be seen anywhere. Even in the small terrace of the hotel she and Jessica was staying at.

"Your turn" Jessica soon appeared from having her morning bath. They've been planning on going around the city for the day so Yoona could enjoy the most of the foreign country.

She stood up from where she was sitting and placed down her almost done coffee.

"By the way, there's a party I would like to bring you tonight so we'll be going to my favourite dress shop after walking to town" Jessica shrugged nonchalantly as she grabbed the coffee Yoona prepared for her.

She nodded and went back inside to grab herself a shower.

 

 

 

"Dude!" A young good looking guy approached Taec as he reached the arrival section of the airport.

"Good thing you're still tall or I would have failed to notice you. The airport is pretty packed" The guy spoke to TaecYeon.

"Just the same old me" Taec chuckled. "But look at you. You’ve grown a lot"

"Liar. I just had a peaceful life that's it"

"I promise, you've grown, Donghae" He chuckled. It may be the time that passed but he was sure Donghae had grown even an inch.

"Shut up. Let’s just go home. You're staying at mine, right?" Donghae asked as he helped Taec place his baggage inside his car.

 

 

 

"How about this?" Jessica asked as she raised a black sleeveless dress to show Yoona.

"The green one is better I think" Yoona replied as she glanced at the green dress they studied few moments go.

"Let’s get that one then" Jessica beamed. she grabbed Yoona and brought the dress with them to the cashier. She was pretty excited when Yoona didn't object when she told her about the party. She was hesitant to tell her this morning and planned on just saying at the event itself but that would be not nice. So, she just told her casually like it didn't matter.

Though they've been going to parties together before, she knows Yoona isn't the type of girl who loves partying like she does. Yoona would attend a few and some but wouldn't if it isn't needed. she doesn't love cosmopolitans as much as Jessica does.

Jessica was passing on the dress to the lady on the cashier when she caught a glance of a certain ring lying on the cashier table. It was laid beside the few other rings that are also sold in the shop but its design was just familiar though it was common.

"Can I take a look at that ring?" She asked the lady as it obediently did and pulled it out from the rack.

The ring shone as soon as it was placed in her hand. She slowly lifted it closer to her face and studied the certain metal.

"It looks the same but they're different" she thought as she remembered the memory.

 

Everyone in the school was busy for the event except for them. Jessica and the 'group' were lazily ganging around the tables out the school backyard like lifeless zombies. The school fest was starting officially that day and various booths surrounded the school's enormous field.

She yawned as she watched the people around looking mad busy like it's the end of the world but for her, it was just another normal day.

"Have you seen, Taec?" Jessica asked DongHae who was sitting on the bench beside her, talking earnestly to NichKhun who is also one of the most famous members of the group. He is also called Nick by majority of the student body as it is his American name and they are obviously in America.

"As if I care about him" DongHae raised a brow on her while she just rolled her eyes.

"He's over there" Nick pointed out an overly tall guy standing at a booth not too far from them and was surrounded by few girls.

Jessica walked lazily towards him. She felt like doing nothing that day but to sleep and sleep. She even bothered to ask why the hell the event was needed to be held though it was a really great way to socialize.

"Hey, watcha doing?" she suddenly appeared beside him and the girls surrounding him seem to be taken aback by her sudden appearance but the hell she care. They’ve been like that since the start. The girls always wanted to be near TaecYeon and that became worse when they've been together. The only thing holding her still is the thought that no one could break them apart.

"Thank god, you're here. I've been asking Hyuna what kind of ring girls like to wear" Jessica soon noticed they were inside an accessory shop. a very expensive looking booth not to mention. But what would you expect, they are studying in one of the most prestigious private schools in America.

"For what?"

"I just saw this store and thought I could buy you one" he beamed.

"I think we should go now, Taec. Enjoy the fest" Hyuna cut off as she and her friends bid their goodbyes looking flirty and all but jessia was used to it and it was clear that it had no effect to Taec. They threw her one last dirty look and turned their heels around like they own everybody.

"What were you saying?"

"Don't you like the rings in here? I could buy you one if I happen to go in Italy this summer"

"No, don't get me wrong. I would love any ring as long as it's from you" she smiled.

Taec placed a squared black box on her palms and smiled sweetly. "Then you can have this"

Jessica opened a box and saw a plain band ring. It was branded Tiffany's as what the box say.

"It really simple I know... but it'll suit you"

"Thank you" She gratefully thanked. He wasn't the flower guy type but Taec could sometimes be sweet to Jesssica and those are the times she would fall over and over in love with him.

 

"Jess, are you okay?" Yoona asked. Jessica seemed to be not in herself. she was gazing blankly at nowhere when the lady was trying to give her the just paid product.

"Sorry, I was just thinking of something. Let's go"

 

 

 

The pounding music emerged through the cemented walls of the luxurious house that belongs to one of the richest students of their batch, Hwang Chansung. He was also in the same social group as TaecYeon and he was nice enough to lend it for the night. It was the first reunion they held after their graduation.

"Over here!" Chansung ushered as soon as TaecYeon and Donghae came to view. the trio sat at big L-shaped couch at the corner of the room as they watched the people swarm around.

"Are the others here already?" DongHae asked.

"Junsu's DJ-ing on the backyard. Hyoyeon's already on the dance floor with Junho. Sunny and SeoHyun are upstairs with the kids and the others are still on their way" Chansung replied as he passed on the bottle of beers across the table.

"Oppa!" a girly shriek was clearly heard despite of the banging music. They turned their heads and a petite and red-haired grown woman met their eyes.

"Tiffany?" DongHae and TaecYeon said in unison.

"What are you doing here?" Taecyeon asked as his shocked face started to ebb.

"Chansung said I could come" She cheekily smiled as his beautiful eye smile was shown.

"Chan?" he turned his head and threw Chansung a deadly glare.

"Who else did you invite?"

"Uhmm..uh" Chansung felt immeasurably jittery as he remembered inviting NichKhun over. He was a part of the batch and he couldn't take it away from him. Taec might kill him if he finds out.

"Don't worry, i've seen him already. he's in the backyard..." Tiffany glowered. Taec felt a rush of anger as he tried to stand up but DongHae caught his arm.

"I'll talk to him and ask him to go. no violence is needed for the night" Donghae stood up and disappeared as he mixed up with the river of people going towards the backyard.

"Stay the hell away with him, Tiff" He spoke in a stern voice as he warned or more like ordered his younger sister.

After a few bottles of beer, he finally felt the effect of it. He's starting to feel dizzy and his head's starting to throb.

He was about to lay his head on the table and get a good sleep when a glimpse of someone woke his mind up. She was walking with some guy and she looked entertained. with a glass on her hand, she was chuckling wholeheartedly with her eyes focused on the guy.

The guy wrapped his arms around her bare shoulders and they continued their little laughing session but soon they started to disappear as they emerged in the big crowd.

"Yoona!?"